Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default Centinela State Prison Packages, Books, Mags & Money Q&A

Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Donation Award 

Well, I guess this is where I need to inquire about how to or who can I order magazines from to send my guy. He's in yard B. He hasn't been classified yet, or at least hasn't been able to call out yet. I found out he left Wasco Reception purely by accident. I had checked the locator before I mailed some things and saw he had been transferred I got called and got his housing info He saw his counselor on the 19th of Dec, and thought it would be at least another 2 weeks to catch a bag because they were so behind schedule there. (He had been there over 90 days before his counselor saw him.)
Anyway, I am trying to order some things, books, magazines etc, and I'd like to get them there as soon as possible since he missed Christmas and his birthday while in reception.
ANY help would be appreciated.
It seems there isnt lot of action at CEN. I don't even know why they sent him there...Its soooooooooooo far from anyone who can visit, and he has less then 8 months left..,??
Old 01-16-2014, 05:27 AM

You can send books through Amazon. I keep coming across posts mentioning inmatemagazines.com but when I try to go to the site it never works.

I haven't tried sending a package yet but Centinela is listed on Walkenhorsts(?).
Redronni (01-27-2014), TangledHeart (01-29-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 09:02 PM

How do we go about sending a package?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM

You can order online from one of the approved vendors, Access Securepak, Walkenhorst, Music by Mail---there's a couple of others. You create an account for which you will need to know his CDC # and location. He can only get one package per quarter (every 4 months) so be sure to get everything he needs/wants. If possible, you may want to have him send you an order form or a written list of the items he wants. There is a weight limit for each package and some items have quantity restrictions (all of that you will see as you place your order). You pay and most send the boxes out within a few days. They will let him know when it is available to receive at the facility. I think that's pretty much it. Good luck!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Forever&aDay For This Useful Post:
worried_mom1 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Hello everyone,
Does anyone have a list of approved magazines that can be sent? My brother requested American Curves, however they are now out of business and no longer accepting subscriptions. I also went through Amazon and ordered 2 older American Curves issues, they arrived at the facility but unfortunately Corcoran denied them to my brother because although it was from Amazon, it was from an outside vendor. Does anyone know of an alternative to a similar magazine??
Thank you for your time!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:34 AM

does anyone have a coupon code for union direct package order