Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cornbread View Post
I am going in 9 days to pick up my husband and was told to go there at 7am to check in and let the office know that I am there to pick him up. Then just wait can be released anytime after 8am but most people say close to 10is do not leave or he will have to go to bus if you are not seen by him. I am going to sit on the bench and camp until my husband walks out of the gate hope this helps
Man how exciting!!!
Well at least I will know what to do when my hubby gets out. Thanks for the heads up

We have 97 days and a wake up. That's nothing to me right about now. Got through 2 years and 3 months already
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
Miss Cornbread (10-09-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM

Thanks for the advice ! I have waited 3 years , so I know how long it feels waiting , I pray your 97 days goes by fast ! I am so excited ! Since there are a couple different answers I will just have my husband ask one of the CO that he is kool with to find out for sure ! Years and years ago he did a little time at susanville and I think they made us wait on the street outside the prison till 8am then I went up and said I was there for my husband and gave them his name , and he was out within 30 min ! I hope I don't have to wait 2 hrs I will have our 2 kids with us ! But thank you all ! Have a blessed day !
The Following User Says Thank You to Abel2wish For This Useful Post:
bamboo'swife (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel2wish View Post
Thanks for the advice ! I have waited 3 years , so I know how long it feels waiting , I pray your 97 days goes by fast ! I am so excited ! Since there are a couple different answers I will just have my husband ask one of the CO that he is kool with to find out for sure ! Years and years ago he did a little time at susanville and I think they made us wait on the street outside the prison till 8am then I went up and said I was there for my husband and gave them his name , and he was out within 30 min ! I hope I don't have to wait 2 hrs I will have our 2 kids with us ! But thank you all ! Have a blessed day !
It will go by fast...we have 92 days now! Seems like I just posted 97 days yesterday
Old 12-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Banned

Do they release on Sundays? Also I was told he has to go with the CTC people. Why? Can't I take him to the CTC Center?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Loving my King
Donation Award 

They do release on Sundays my husband was released on a Sunday in October

Old 06-14-2014, 01:40 PM

Hey all, not sure which thread this should go under...it has to do with early releases. I spoke to an ombudsman and she mentioned something about inmates getting released before their parole dates..anyone hear anything about early releases?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelasts9 View Post
Hey all, not sure which thread this should go under...it has to do with early releases. I spoke to an ombudsman and she mentioned something about inmates getting released before their parole dates..anyone hear anything about early releases?
Not sure if you're referring to this, but recently the governer accepted the proposal for early releases. The counselors are now going back and recalculating those who qualify and sending those particular inmates letters of early release notification with their new early release date. I don't know how true this is, but my husband said they're going by last names. My husband received his early release notification letter last month and he's in the very beginning of the alphabet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surething88 For This Useful Post:
Hopelasts9 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 PM

Thanks Surething88, how much time did they dock off for your LO?

Old 06-15-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks Surething88, how much time did they dock off for your LO?
2 months off.

It's pretty confusing. Instead of doing 80 percent (those doing 85-violent offense do not qualify) they do 66 percent. But I'm not sure how that's calculated, because if that were the case, he should've been home like.... Yesterday! Haha
Oh well.

From looking at your countdown, seems your man should be home in just few months, so hang in there. With or without time off, his release date is right around the corner.
Hopelasts9 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 PM

Still seems like forever to me . Patience is definitely a virtue in these situations. That's great that your man will be home 2 months sooner! My man was given his sent. at 50%...would he still qualify to get some time docked?

Old 06-15-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Still seems like forever to me . Patience is definitely a virtue in these situations. That's great that your man will be home 2 months sooner! My man was given his sent. at 50%...would he still qualify to get some time docked?
Oh, I know the feeling. But before you know, that time will come. It's so soon!

Nope, he wouldn't qualify. In a nutshell, It's for 2nd strikers doing 80 percent on non violent chargers.
Hopelasts9 (06-16-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 AM

Hi, do you have to be the legal spouse to go and pick him up? I know he is going to Tampa Halfway house and they give him a certain hour to get there but I want to know if I can pick him up and drive together to Tampa. My fiancee is in a federal prison camp in Pensacola, he has asked but gets no answer.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatintina1 View Post
Hi, do you have to be the legal spouse to go and pick him up? I know he is going to Tampa Halfway house and they give him a certain hour to get there but I want to know if I can pick him up and drive together to Tampa. My fiancee is in a federal prison camp in Pensacola, he has asked but gets no answer.
Girl. Not sure how or why you landed this question here, but for what it's worth in CA you do not have to be a "legal" spouse to pick someone up. Wife, gf, mom, dad, sibling, cousin, friend can go pick up.

Fyi.. This is a forum for a specific prison in the state of CA. I doubt it's different in fl, but you can visit another forum to make sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 AM

For releases from CIM, is it true that inmates are no longer being release from CIM, but being transferred elsewhere and getting released at their new transfer?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
For releases from CIM, is it true that inmates are no longer being release from CIM, but being transferred elsewhere and getting released at their new transfer?
I haven't heard of this.
I know of someone who was released this last week. He was not moved anywhere, he was released from chino.
My husband also is getting out soon enough.. There is no indication of him being moved to another facility. Where did you hear this?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:16 PM

I talked to Ombudsman and they said inmates in camp do get transferred and then released elsewhere, but only camps

Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Almost Home!!!

I heard the new release location is the metro link station in montclair. That's what my husband told me thursday 8-28-14.

Montclair Metrolink Station
5091 Richton St.
Montclair, CA 91763

Found the address online, not sure if it's right. I'll let you all know the details monday when I find out

Old 08-30-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKnowles View Post
I heard the new release location is the metro link station in montclair. That's what my husband told me thursday 8-28-14.

Montclair Metrolink Station
5091 Richton St.
Montclair, CA 91763

Found the address online, not sure if it's right. I'll let you all know the details monday when I find out

Wait, what?
I know that you can pick them up from the prison (right by where the line for visiting is. I've even seen ppl released from there)

I do know that if no one is there to pick them up as soon as they're released, then they give them a ride to metro or whatever. Is that what you are referring to?

Please come back to update us, as this is something I've also started looking into and trying to get answers
Old 08-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Almost Home!!!

He said they no longer release from the prison. I'm going to ask the COs after our visit today and hopefully get some answers. I would prefer him being released directly from CIM, the metro station is huge!!! Having anxiety that we won't be able to find each other :/

Old 08-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Almost Home!!!

Talked to the COs after our visit....pick up is at the metro link station in Montclair. No longer allowed to pick up at CIM, they quit releasing from the prison about 4 months ago. They reccomend calling around 7am the day of pick up to make sure that your loved one is on the list. Drop off is between 9-10am, but I'd still get there an hour early just in case. I'll try to upload the map the CO gave me with the directions on it image.jpg

Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKnowles View Post
Talked to the COs after our visit....pick up is at the metro link station in Montclair. No longer allowed to pick up at CIM, they quit releasing from the prison about 4 months ago. They reccomend calling around 7am the day of pick up to make sure that your loved one is on the list. Drop off is between 9-10am, but I'd still get there an hour early just in case. I'll try to upload the map the CO gave me with the directions on it Attachment 72530
Oh my goodness. That's crazy they're doing that now..
I appriciate your update so much! If you find a moment post his release to drop by here and give another update on where they drop them exactly, how, what, any details that may help I would really really appriciate that. Since they don't have a cell phone upon release, I'm wondering how in the world are we supposed to find each other.
Also if they drop him off before I get there, how would that work...

Ay, So many questions..
Old 09-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Almost Home!!!

They drop them off in the center of the place, park on the east side and you'll be fine The white prison van showed up a little after 10am and that was it. Pretty simple pick up

Old 09-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Mrs_Ortega

My husband and I have been waiting to hear something about when he will be released! the last we heard was his release date was October 2nd (which is in 10 days) but we have not gotten any informantion, dress out papers, release information or anything! He did get into some trouble for getting into a fight and got moved to a different area which is more on lockdown and was supposed to meet with commitee but still has not heard anything! if he dosnt see commitee by October 2nd will he still be released? if not how much more time will he get for a fight??? this is stressing me out!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:13 PM

Default Coming home

Hi so my boyfriend is coming home at the end of the week!! YAY! My question is when I go to pick him up at the Metro Link station is it hard to find them? Is there a certain time to get there? I wasn't sure if I should call the prison to get the facts or if someone can help me here. Thank you so much
Old 06-10-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmentheboys4 View Post
Hi so my boyfriend is coming home at the end of the week!! YAY! My question is when I go to pick him up at the Metro Link station is it hard to find them? Is there a certain time to get there? I wasn't sure if I should call the prison to get the facts or if someone can help me here. Thank you so much

I picked my husband up about 6 months ago. It was pretty simple. Got there around 8, but the bus didn't show till about 11-11:30, if my memory serves me correct.
I called that morning to ask if they were released already, or what time I should expect him. The co refused to give me any answers.
I just asked one of the employee at the station where they usually drop them off. I just so happened to park exactly in the same area - not hard to find. But you can ask, and they will tell you where.
Just wait for a white van with a CDCR logo on the side.
justmentheboys4 (06-10-2015)