Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Men (CIM) - Chino Topic and discussion specific to CIM- California Institution for Men, located in Chino, California.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CIM Ad-Seg Q&A

This thread is for any questions, issues or information regarding Ad-Seg- Administrative Segregation- AKA "the hole"....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM

Thanked 1,215 Times in 354 Posts

Has anyone ever made an appt for ad/seg and arrive at your time and they say it was the day before? My husband has been in the shu/ad seg before and I have always gotten 2 day/1 hr visits; but at Chino you are only allowed 1 day/ 1hr visits. So we call Fridays and speak w/the Sgt and he gives us a date and time. Well I did that and when I arrived I was told my appt was Saturday not Sunday as I was told!!! Is this a common practice at Chino!!! Because at all the other prisons in the 11 yrs my husband has been down NEVER has this happen to me before! I need input from other wifeys/loved ones if this has happen to you. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM

What time on Friday do you need to call to make an appointment? When it comes to sending stationery& stamps, what are the quantities? Need to make an appt ASAP so I need info.... Thanks Ladies in advance for your help!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 PM

What number do I call to make an appointment?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM

Hello Ladies,
Call Friday's at 10am (909) 597-1821 ext 4186 Sgt Borges. However, be sure to ask if your man can get visits. Because I set up my appt. flew into california to visit for my 1hr visit and they turned me away because they told me that he could not have visits even after I asked the Sgt. if he could have visits. And I explained that I was flying in from out of state.
I have been visiting Chino for many many yrs. but this was the first time in Ad Seg.

I have sent in 20 stamps and 20 envelopes at a time to him and they have gotten through. However, they are about 20 days behind getting my mail to him right now! So there is a 3 week delay in our letters! So start writing now ladies!
And once they are found not guilty it is hard to get them out of there! He has been waiting over 7 1/2 weeks to get out of the hole since he was found not guilty.
Hope you all have better luck than we have had!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fayardtl For This Useful Post:
BUTTERFLY81 (02-26-2013), CDCsMom (05-04-2014), Shorty'swifey (03-20-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Hello Everyone, Im new to this and I just ahve so many questions..
Well my babe was at CRC and was rolled on got a serious 115 and is now at Palm Hall, he says he will be doing 6 months there.. he only had two months left what happens when these 6 months are over?? HELP??
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembbgrl View Post
Hello Everyone, Im new to this and I just ahve so many questions..
Well my babe was at CRC and was rolled on got a serious 115 and is now at Palm Hall, he says he will be doing 6 months there.. he only had two months left what happens when these 6 months are over?? HELP??
I am in the same situation you are. My husband was at CRC and got rolled up the same day yours did. We had about 3 months left. I am lost and don't know what to do either. How did you talk to your LO? He has to do 6 months??? I need answers too!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:56 AM

For ad seg visit how soon before yr visit do u go n since yr ad seg do u have to wait in a line or jus walk in at main entrance on central
Old 01-24-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDIDZYFY View Post
For ad seg visit how soon before yr visit do u go n since yr ad seg do u have to wait in a line or jus walk in at main entrance on central

I don't speak of exp in regard to ad seg visitation, but to the best of my knowledge when an inmate is in ad seg, you would need to call the visiting line on FRIDAY to make an appt. so today would be the day to call..
You just need to show up at the time of your appt, no later. And walk up when your time is called.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM

Thank u
Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 PM
No Regrets

Im really confused... My husband was sent to the hole (palm hall) in 2 days it will be a month. From what he told me he has been "being good, staying out of trouble" because we were days away from scheduling a family visit (our food package is there waiting on us)... I got a call from one of the guys on the yard saying that a CO told him someone dropped a kite saying they were scared of my husband and thats why they sent him to the hole, pending investigation. He was also told they read my husbands file and wont send him back to the yard. Is there anyway my questions can be answered? Why he is there? Will this mess up family visiting since my husband didnt do anything wrong? How long will he be there? Etc...any help would be great

Last edited by Rommie; 04-27-2014 at 10:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Rommie For This Useful Post:
CDCsMom (05-04-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 AM

When you in the hole, you can't a family visit. When someone drop a kite on you it's all bad. Usually within a week they take you to committee and tell you what charges they have on, they usually hold you back their "pending investigation" I seen guys stay in the hole up to six months pending investigation. They definitely looking at his c-file and they think he has a lot of influence on the yard , they probably will put him on the bus, rather then send him back to the yard. The only people who can answer your questions is ISU, and they don't much talking. He is their because someone said they " fear for their safety" and he has to stay their until they figure it out, which can take forever. I would write him and ask him what they said in committee.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keppinit100 For This Useful Post:
CDCsMom (05-04-2014), Rommie (04-30-2014)
Old 04-30-2014, 12:06 AM
No Regrets

He sent me the paperwork it said someone felt threatened. But he hasnt even been in a fight since he's been there. He's been there 2 years already... Ugh! I'm so over this whole prison crap all together. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 PM

New to this, hopefully someone has an answer: how does one know if LO is in the hole? No mail? By cell number?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelasts9 View Post
New to this, hopefully someone has an answer: how does one know if LO is in the hole? No mail? By cell number?
There are a couple ways you can find out. You can always call in and ask, they will tell you and also give you mailing address.

Even while in the hole, they can still write letters. Usually arrives in 3 days.

I don't know how many units are AD SEG, but I do know that palm hall houses ad seg inmates. It's under PO box 441.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surething88 For This Useful Post:
Hopelasts9 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Is it normal for an inmate to be moved around various times from cell to cell, or does this mean that he was in the hole, cuz they didn't give him his writing materials till a little over a week after he was moved!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Is it normal for an inmate to be moved around various times from cell to cell, or does this mean that he was in the hole, cuz they didn't give him his writing materials till a little over a week after he was moved!
I don't know his housing, so I can't say for sure. However when someone is taken to the hole, then they don't usually take their property with them as soon they go. It's usually packed for them and then they recieve it within a week or so.

I don't know where he's housed, but if he's just moving down the hall to another bed, or even another bed in another building on the yard, then they normally pack their own shit and take it there with them.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:13 PM

Thanks for the response Surething, my hubby was originally in cypress hall then was moved for a few days to sycamore, moved back to cypress and now is in birch Hall...po 441. Any of those halls sound like the hole?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the response Surething, my hubby was originally in cypress hall then was moved for a few days to sycamore, moved back to cypress and now is in birch Hall...po 441. Any of those halls sound like the hole?
Palm hall and cypress are "the hole"/ad seg.

birch is reception

Last edited by Surething88; 06-19-2014 at 12:23 AM..
Old 06-19-2014, 01:18 AM

Is it possible to be in Cypress and not be under ad seg?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Is it possible to be in Cypress and not be under ad seg?
Unless things have changed or aren't as I've learned them to be, then no. Certain specific housing are meant to house ad seg inmates and ad seg inmates only.

Even did a quick search for you right now and found this off their site
"Facility B has an inmate population of approximately 977 medium/maximum custody level inmates and serves as a reception center receiving and processing male inmates that have been newly committed to CDCR primarily from Riverside and San Diego County. The Reception Center completes diagnostic tests, medical/mental health screening, and literacy assessments for classification in order to determine the inmate's appropriate institutional placement. In addition to the reception center mission Facility B includes Palm and Cypress Halls as designated Administrative Segregation Units. These Administrative Segregation units receive inmates from CIM, California Rehabilitation Center, Local CDCR/Cal Fire camps, Inmates serving Security Housing Unit terms, in route to court or other CDCR Institutions."
Hopelasts9 (06-19-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Mrs_Ortega

Unhappy

My husband is pending investigation for 3 new charges, he was in south dorm but is now in Palm Hall, he has been waiting for a few months now to see commitee for this, does this move to palm hall mean he is getting closer to seeing commitee? he was supposed to get out 2 days ago, but each of these new charges face an extra 30 days per charge. each day past his original release date is concidered time served (88 days left if found guilty for all 3) okay so what im getting at is can they keep him past that if he hasnt seen anyone yet?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Ortega View Post
My husband is pending investigation for 3 new charges, he was in south dorm but is now in Palm Hall, he has been waiting for a few months now to see commitee for this, does this move to palm hall mean he is getting closer to seeing commitee? he was supposed to get out 2 days ago, but each of these new charges face an extra 30 days per charge. each day past his original release date is concidered time served (88 days left if found guilty for all 3) okay so what im getting at is can they keep him past that if he hasnt seen anyone yet?
I don't think you'll find a black or white answer because this is cdcr we are talking about. They make their own rules as they go.

Palm hall is just one of the ad seg units, where you stay for various reasons. One being pending investigation, so I guess it would fair of you to assume he would be seen by committee. He SHOULD see committee within this time frame because they also have to follow the rules, which means they have a certain amount of days before they must bring someone up to committee to address their case. I believe it's 30 days.

HOWEVER as I mentioned... This is cdcr and this is chino we are talking about. Where the cops get paid to drink coffee and crack jokes. My husband was in ad seg pending investigation for longer than 30 days EVEN THOUGH he had a date he was supposed to be seen on paper (that date passed and he still wasn't seen) and even though they had 30 days. But your case is a little different, he was supposed to be out already so I would approach this situation differently..

Btw committee is held every Thursday.
Mrs_Ortega (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 12:41 AM
Mrs_Ortega

thank you so much for the info! anything helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surething88 View Post
I don't think you'll find a black or white answer because this is cdcr we are talking about. They make their own rules as they go.

Palm hall is just one of the ad seg units, where you stay for various reasons. One being pending investigation, so I guess it would fair of you to assume he would be seen by committee. He SHOULD see committee within this time frame because they also have to follow the rules, which means they have a certain amount of days before they must bring someone up to committee to address their case. I believe it's 30 days.

HOWEVER as I mentioned... This is cdcr and this is chino we are talking about. Where the cops get paid to drink coffee and crack jokes. My husband was in ad seg pending investigation for longer than 30 days EVEN THOUGH he had a date he was supposed to be seen on paper (that date passed and he still wasn't seen) and even though they had 30 days. But your case is a little different, he was supposed to be out already so I would approach this situation differently..

Btw committee is held every Thursday.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:04 AM

Default CIM prison ad seg questions

my husband was at norco prison, but was transfered to chino prison and hes in palm hall. do they give them their envelopes when he gets there or his property? i havent heard from him all week no letters either, i have no idea why hes there, does this mean hes in trouble for something or just waiting to get on general yard. please help!!! im freaking out