Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Rosco's Girl

Question Best way to travel for visits?

I live in the bay area and I posted on the ride sharing thread if someone can help me get down there. At this time I don't drive but I will pay my way.

I'm not sure how to get there otherwise. I thought of flying into palm springs but then google maps doesn't show any public transportation on how to get to Imperial...no bus no train!

I don't really know the area. Maybe there's a better place to fly into and take a bus? I prefer to fly then take a bus/taxi

Any tips and insight would be great!!!

Missing you is my hobby,
caring for you is my job,
making you happy is my duty,
and loving you is my life.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieCollins View Post
I live in the bay area and I posted on the ride sharing thread if someone can help me get down there. At this time I don't drive but I will pay my way.

I'm not sure how to get there otherwise. I thought of flying into palm springs but then google maps doesn't show any public transportation on how to get to Imperial...no bus no train!

I don't really know the area. Maybe there's a better place to fly into and take a bus? I prefer to fly then take a bus/taxi

Any tips and insight would be great!!!
Hi Mookie,

I hope you are still active on this forum. My good friend is getting transferred to CEN in a few weeks and I plan to visit as soon as I get approved.

Did you ever make a visit? I know nothing about the area but will probably fly into San Diego (I live out of state). Were you able to get any advice as to the best way to travel?

Actually ANY info would be appreciated. I don't know anything about Imperial or CEN
Old 01-04-2016, 08:32 AM

Hi Mookie, Beachmouse and everyone,

I visited my friend at Centinela a few times. Iím out of state, too, plus I donít drive. I try to arrange things so that I can visit both Saturday and Sunday. Itís quite a trip, but here is what worked for me so far. I fly to San Diego on Friday, take the 6 am bus to El Centro on Saturday and get picked up by the Friends Outsideís van at the El Centro Greyhound station around 9 am. I take a taxi back to El Centro at 3 pm (ride is $25, more or less, and it takes approximately 30 minutes), where I spend the night. Thereís a few hotels and places to eat there. On Sunday morning I get picked up again, either by taxi or Friends Outside at the Greyhound station, this time around 8 am. I leave Centinela around 1 pm to be at the Greyhound station in time to take the last bus to San Diego (at 2:50 pm, I think).

Friends Outsideís transportation service is free, but they only pick you up at the Greyhound station when buses from San Diego and LA are coming and leave from Centinela no later than 1:30 pm to take you back to Greyhound. They also have a changing room, bathrooms and lockers for handbags and luggage.

If you drive, maybe renting a car or carpooling would be less stressful. It should be a 2.5 hrs drive from San Diego.

Hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juliejuliejulie For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (02-02-2016), JCMiller (05-08-2016)