Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 01-26-2018, 07:16 PM
Donation Award 

Default Visitation lines at Roederer

I will be going to see my son tomorrow at Roederer. Finally! It's been a long two and a half years of glass and phones!
We thought we wouldn't get cleared until next week so here I am planning for tomorrow, the night before. Not complaining though!
If anyone sees this, could you tell me how long the lines typically are there? Like how long it takes from getting there to the actual visit? I want to make sure we leave our house early enough to not be turned away while standing in line. Does that happen?
My husband said not to worry. I had to laugh. Am I the only person to worry about these things?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2018, 07:53 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,854 Times in 15,585 Posts

I think everybody worries about everything before they're first visit

I was never able to visit at Roederer, so I can't answer with any certainty...but Hot Dog!! And WHOOOO HOOOO have yourself a wonderful visit!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (01-27-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Donation Award 

Well, in case anyone sees this and has the same question, here was my experience.
Follow the directions carefully. There were no road signs going into Roederer. I don't know how I missed the RCC sign...lol. Anyway, there were no lines! The officer's were friendly through the whole 10 to 15 minute process and it was nothing like county jail! Thank God for that! I'm sure if we would have gotten there earlier, there may have been a line but this time, I'm glad there wasn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lackingthepower For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-30-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 01:51 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

...and how good was that hug I'm so glad you finally got to see your son I've never had to wait more than, say, 15 - 20 minutes to be called into visit.....Oh! Yea, one time I waited about 40 minutes. But that was because My Mr had to shower before he would come down

Thanks for the update!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (02-01-2018)
Old 02-02-2019, 11:50 AM

I know this is an old post, but I will try anyways. We have filled out our visitation applications and sent them back. How long does it take for them to process? Will we be notified when we have been approved to visit? His 60 days is up tomorrow, but visitation is on Saturday, so will my grandmother be able to go see him next Saturday or do we need to wait for someone to say it is ok? It's 2 hrs away, so trying to find out for her.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:28 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

We weren't allowed to even have an application until My Mr's 60 days were up - there was no online application then ....I'm surprised they allowed one to be submitted or considered before the 60 days are up. My Mr was transferred before we were approved, so I can't answer about the timeline.

Your loved one will be notified if / when a visitor is approved / denied. He'll have to be the one to tell you. Do not attempt to visit if he hasn't told you you're approved....I really don't know if that approval will come in time to visit next week end or not, and I know you're all anxious to see him, but until you hear from him one way or the other, I wouldn't plan on going. I would, however, map out the route and be prepared for a last minute call - just in case

All in all, 2 hours one-way isn't that bad of a drive

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-02-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
We weren't allowed to even have an application until My Mr's 60 days were up - there was no online application then ....I'm surprised they allowed one to be submitted or considered before the 60 days are up. My Mr was transferred before we were approved, so I can't answer about the timeline.

Your loved one will be notified if / when a visitor is approved / denied. He'll have to be the one to tell you. Do not attempt to visit if he hasn't told you you're approved....I really don't know if that approval will come in time to visit next week end or not, and I know you're all anxious to see him, but until you hear from him one way or the other, I wouldn't plan on going. I would, however, map out the route and be prepared for a last minute call - just in case

All in all, 2 hours one-way isn't that bad of a drive
I'm not even in town, so no rush for me to go. She definitely wouldn't have made the trip if we didn't know, so I was just trying to find out for her. They gave him paper applications to mail to us at his 45 day mark, but still no visits etc until after 60 days. He said he didn't know if they would tell him or not. He sticks to himself mostly. He is scared out of his mind, especially with all the violence going on there. But he is taking classes for his GED, and that seems to help keep his mind elsewhere. Hoping he gets moved soon so he can start his other class. Anyways, thanks for the response! Appreciate it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpowell1227 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-02-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 05:29 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Wow....I don't remember Roederer being especially violent I'm sure there is some violence in almost any & all prisons, but not to a large extent.

Yeah, they'll tell him, he tells the person approved or other family member / friend. The only time you'll get anything in writing is if you're denied. They'll send a letter stating why visits were not approved, but he'd know about the disapproval before the letter was even sent.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-04-2019, 11:30 PM

[quote=patchouli;7762780]Wow....I don't remember Roederer being especially violent I'm sure there is some violence in almost any & all prisons, but not to a large extent.

Yeah, they'll tell him, he tells the person approved or other family member / friend. The only time you'll get anything in writing is if you're denied. They'll send a letter stating why visits were not approved, but he'd know about the disapproval before the letter was even sent.
[/QUO

Obviously I don't know what really goes on in there. Just stories that he tells us about or that he heard, which I know may not always be accurate, but who knows!
Glad to know that he will let us know. I would hate for my grandmother (76) to get all the way there and be turned away. I worry about her getting out on her own that far away, but I'm over 1100 miles away, so not much I can do.
Thanks for the info!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kpowell1227 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-06-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Donation Award 

I know a liitle about this now. My son asked his caseworker, who then told him we were approved.It was also put into his mail alerts.
I was afraid of long lines and stuff but when we got there at around 10 for our first visit, the line was small and the guards were very helpful. I was glad we went because the next week, he was moved farther away. My son wanted to stay at Roederer but hardly no one does. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lackingthepower For This Useful Post:
patchouli (02-06-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackingthepower View Post
I know a liitle about this now. My son asked his caseworker, who then told him we were approved.It was also put into his mail alerts.
I was afraid of long lines and stuff but when we got there at around 10 for our first visit, the line was small and the guards were very helpful. I was glad we went because the next week, he was moved farther away. My son wanted to stay at Roederer but hardly no one does. Good luck.
Thanks for the info! I know my dad will be moved at some point, just don't know when. He did say that they told him we were approved for visitation. I'm really hoping I can come in April because I want to visit him so bad! It's been almost a year since I've seen him since i live out of state.
My grandmother and my brother are going to see him this Saturday, so hopefully it all goes smoothly. I hope you get to visit with your son soon!