Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:02 AM

Default New mail policy at Limon

Due to contraband issues at Limon Correctional Facility identified by the OIG (Office of Inspector General), Warden Jacques has implemented Executive Directive 07-20

Under this directive, mail will be handled as followed:

In the event the OIG identifies that offenders are using the mail system to introduce contraband in correspondence at a specific facility, that entire facility will be subject to having all incoming greeting cards, post cards, and drawings [including photos] photocopied with the copy delivered to the offenders and the original correspondence will be disposed of in accordance with Administrative Regulation 300-06.

Per the Directive, this policy will be in effect until Dec.5th of this year.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,099 Times in 5,056 Posts

Greeting cards were banned a while ago and then reinstated. It looks like they are doing the same thing again, Thats very sad news.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-21-2020)
Old 07-20-2020, 02:49 PM

eh thats creepy, I wouldn't send anything to an inmate with those expectations. No different than a CEO of say some entertainment company stealing your intellectual property by saying he didn't steal it because he photocopied or wrote it a second time.

Seems a little bizarre.

Apparently they, by the supreme court, says they don't have to rehabilitate anyone...just like cops don't have to protect anyone. I wouldn't trust these fuckers at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frees For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-20-2020), sidewalker (07-21-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Married May 27, 2017!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Due to contraband issues at Limon Correctional Facility identified by the OIG (Office of Inspector General), Warden Jacques has implemented Executive Directive 07-20

Under this directive, mail will be handled as followed:

In the event the OIG identifies that offenders are using the mail system to introduce contraband in correspondence at a specific facility, that entire facility will be subject to having all incoming greeting cards, post cards, and drawings [including photos] photocopied with the copy delivered to the offenders and the original correspondence will be disposed of in accordance with Administrative Regulation 300-06.

Per the Directive, this policy will be in effect until Dec.5th of this year.

Yeah and it's really supposed to be used ONLY if contraband has been found, however, some facilities, like Bent County Correctional Facility, are just using it as an excuse to not allow greeting cards.

It was supposed to be on a Facility by Facility basis, not across the board. That I think is the legal protection they wrote up in order to avoid having to allow cards at prisons. But in reality they're implementing it across the board.