Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Default In hole (attempted contraband). Can he make phone calls? Recieve mail?

Hi .i'm danni.
I have a friend in jail. Ross Correctional facility. Hes in the hole. Can he make phone calls. Can he recieve mail? Someone is accused of trying to get him drugs inside the facility and is going to be charged. Can that person write him? Im sorry so many questions. Any info is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2018, 04:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,936 Times in 15,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1228 View Post
Hi .i'm danni.
I have a friend in jail. Ross Correctional facility. Hes in the hole. Can he make phone calls. Can he recieve mail? Someone is accused of trying to get him drugs inside the facility and is going to be charged. Can that person write him? Im sorry so many questions. Any info is appreciated.
I'm not familiar with Ohio, but I'll venture a guess: Normally phone calls are limited if only due to the fact that he's in the Hole. However, sometimes the inmate will lose phone privileges due the reason why they're in the Hole. He may be able to call, maybe once / twice a month, or he may not be able to call at all. If I were him, I would not even attempt to call the person accused of trying to bring contraband into the prison. All phone calls are monitored and recorded.

He can receive mail, but whether he can write back is going to depend on if he has (was/is allowed) writing supplies. Ditto for the mail though - all incoming mail is read. If I were the person accused of trying to bring contraband into the prison, I'd lay low and not write, at least for a while. Once/if charged, there may be a no-contact order between the two.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Danni1228 (08-11-2018), fbopnomore (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,335 Times in 11,848 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Danni. The Ross prison in Ohio? If so, you can find all of the archived PTO messages by doing a google search for "ross correctional prison talk" and then clicking on "more results from prison talk.com".

If you either write to him, or he calls you, be very careful not to discuss anything about the incident that got him sent to the SHU, it will be copied/recorded and can be used against both of you in court.

Be patient, and wait until the prison has decided what they are going to do before saying anything involving his case. He will have to tell you what is happening, the prison won't.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:31 PM

Thank you patchouli andfbopnomore for responding. Do yal think he will be moved? He never
Had procession of the drugs they were confiscated b4 so could he still be charged.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danni1228 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-11-2018), patchouli (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,335 Times in 11,848 Posts

What happens will be up to the prison to decide, and if they want to press criminal charges, it will be up to the prosecutor's office. There's no way to predict what will happen, but the person the drugs were seized from definitely needs their own lawyer if ever contacted by law enforcement, before making ANY statements.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:55 PM

Thanked 1,454 Times in 797 Posts

ANY statements. I heard from a defense attorney once who watched the prosecution use a "Good Morning" against a defendant.

The other way to use Google to search PrisonTalk is to include "siterisontalk.com" in the search string.
Danni1228 (08-11-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 04:29 PM

Now I realise that this is a while ago but my guy has just been moved after being in the hole. He got to make a call after 30 days although they allowed it a couple of days earlier. He couldnt use jpay but he could write and send letters. Now writing abroad didnt work as he couldnt sign a cash slip. Not Ross correctional though but it should work similar.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazykitty For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 05:35 PM

I would suggest calling the facility directly. In some cases they have options regarding specific inmates. For example the automated system will say "If you have questions about a specific inmate please hit # and then enter the inmate information...etc, etc. Best regards.