Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Mississippi that do not fit into any other Mississippi sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 AM

Default Son sent to CMCF. Looking for information, Please?

I am new to this site. My 18 yr old son was taken to Pearl, MS CMCF. He was on house arrest and doing so well, going to college, working etc.. My heart is breaking now. He was arrested and went to the county jail and went from there to CMCF. Any information, advice or help would greaty be appreciated. Will he be allowed to call me soon? I looked at MDOC website trying to figure out what I need to do.. Do I need to set up some kind of phone account I read about before he can call me? He arrived there Tuesday. His CO said something about a hearing? When does that take place and where?? OMG I can't believe this is happening!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Hello TKK, welcome to PTO!
Your son should be able to be found 'in the system " at this link : http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/inmatetest.asp

You will need to have a phone account w/ Global Tel for him to be able to call you. He will be allowed 10 # on his outgoing phone call list. Calls to cell phone are not supposed to be allowed but some seem to be able to receive calls on their cells from CMCF.

to set up an acct at Global tel use this site: http://www.gtl.net/?
Follow the tabs at the top - > Inmate product/services
Go to : AdvancePay -- Sign up for acct and load funds to the prepay acct.

The FAQ's are here: http://www.gtl.net/index.aspx?Pid=75

NOTE: 1) you must upload $25 minimum to the acct at any time.
The incoming call from your son will appx: $7-$8 for 15 -20 minutes! It is very expensive. 2) Phones are cut off about 10 pm.

Alternative to corresponding is via email:
You can send him email, He will not be able to reply. The email is provided daily Mon-Fri ( No holidays) to CMCF offenders , cost is the same as a USPS stamp on a letter. Advantage to this is : they receive 'mail" quicker!
The site to sign up for sending email is: https://www.accesscorrections.com/
Note: this is also the site to use when putting money on ones canteen.

Good luck! hope your son is safe and well !
The Following User Says Thank You to msearp99 For This Useful Post:
tkk (02-03-2010)
Old 02-03-2010, 11:02 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for all the information you provided. Much appreciated!

My son was able to call me collect this weekend. I was so relieved to hear his voice!!! He told me he was ok. Just to hear him made my day. I have no idea how much collect calls are from CMCF but I would of payed any price to talk to him. Guess thats how they get away with charging so much for prison calls.

I am thinking this situation is going to require just taking it one day at a time to survive all this.

I miss him so much.

Thanks again.
tkk