Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM

Default Can he parole to my apartment?

I don't know much about parole and I needed to know if there is a problem if my husband parole's to my home with it being an apartment? Will his PO stop at the leasing office and notify them or wil they just come strictily to our apartment?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Moderator On Leave

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,765 Times in 1,193 Posts

You need to find out if the property you reside at has a policy prohibiting anyone convicted of a felony from being a resident. It's not as much of an issue with parole because they look to you as to be the one to handle that if he is coming to your residence. Thing of it is, if it is against the policy of the apartments you stay at, it could have an affect on him getting out. It would be better to find out now rather than wait. Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,488 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txladytx1 View Post
I don't know much about parole and I needed to know if there is a problem if my husband parole's to my home with it being an apartment? Will his PO stop at the leasing office and notify them or wil they just come strictily to our apartment?
apartments that belong to the TAA (which most complexes do) generally will not allow anyone with a felony to live on the property. the parole officer may not stop and notify them, but if they find out he is living there they will give notice for him to vacate immediately- which they can do since he won't be on the lease.

i lived in an apt building and saw one of my neighbors get evicted over her boyfriend living there. they had given her notice he couldnt and she tried to keep him there on the sly and they caught her and gave her a 72 hour notice to vacate. then, of course she had the problem not only of "oh crap where do we go," but they had to deal with his PO and he had to go back to the valley to his mom's house or risk violation.

it just isnt worth it. i found a private owner through craigslist- i was up front and honest about his charges so now when he comes home he will be on the lease and we wont have to worry about any landlord drama.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Pink*Lady

just as britecloud stated.....in my situation my apartment manager is also a friend of mine so she over looked it....but she did inform me that it is a violation. No felons can live in TAA ran apartments....they pull a list every month on who is using the address (ex: ID, Banks, Parole...anything where you use the address) and compare it to the list of people on the lease in the complex and they have to submit all people who are using the addresses there who arent on a lease to headquarters and serve a notice....But I am sure if you talk to your APT manager and explain the situation then you can go from there...but you need to plan first....Good Luck!

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"
The Following User Says Thank You to Lupe For This Useful Post:
britecloud (10-01-2010)
Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 AM

Thanks everyone! I am in the middloe of financing a home right now so all I have is my apt until the beginning of next year and my apartment complex know that. So I'm just praying everything works out. Thanks again everyone!