Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Nevada prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Default IC Solutions dont support International Calls

IC Solutions has told me they don't support phone calls to Europe. That's why I wonder if there is any allowed and possible way for a prisoner at ESP to make a phone call to Europe. Does it work with a prepaid card, for example?
If so, how would the costs be? Please write me an answer here or by private message, I really would like to know if there is any way... and the best would be if it's a way which would/could not bring him into trouble.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Hi,

Its a long time ago but did you find an answer?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:01 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,309 Times in 4,294 Posts

IC solutions dont accept international credit cards and so its not possible to fund a telephone account from outside of the USA. Some states allow inmates to fund their telephone accounts so that maybe a solution for you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 AM

I use Vonage and have a virtual US number that rings at my home when my friend calls me. When paying for phone time I slightly amend my address on the credit/debit card section and it gets accepted every time. I'm in the UK and I've not had any issues with buying phone time or receiving calls.
PM me if you need any more info.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffzyPopz View Post
I use Vonage and have a virtual US number that rings at my home when my friend calls me. When paying for phone time I slightly amend my address on the credit/debit card section and it gets accepted every time. I'm in the UK and I've not had any issues with buying phone time or receiving calls.
PM me if you need any more info.
Hey! Sorry if i step in to this thread too. Can you give me some information about it too? Been searching for a solution for a while now.
Hope you’ll get back at me with some info
The Following User Says Thank You to xSheroon For This Useful Post:
FluffzyPopz (02-09-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 01:32 PM

My mans state uses IC solutions and I’m in NZ. I have a local Skype number for his area and send him money to buy phone time from commissary. Works well for us. Just make sure you get an unlimited subscription on skype for the calls to be forwarded to your mobile.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,880 Times in 2,939 Posts

Be aware that some prisons, jails, and their phone services do not allow call forwarding or third party calls. They will find out and all calls will be suspended.

Just sayin'.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,309 Times in 4,294 Posts

I agree call forwarding is against policy for many states and federal prisons and the phone companies can detect the forwarding.If you use skype try the skype app the call goes straight to your mobile phone there is no need to call forward.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.