Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:35 PM

Default Mcever pdc

My boyfriend has been transferred to McEver pdc and I have 0 information.

Does anyone know how long it will take him to call?
Or if he even knows that I put money on his books?
They won't tell me anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2016, 08:20 PM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 903 Posts

Hi and welcome to PTO..
I looked up some information in regards to where your bf is housed, and I hope it helps.

Jail Name: McEver Probation Detention Center
Jail Category: State Prison
Jail State: Georgia
State Prison County: Houston
Facility Address:
2100 Kings Chapel Road
Post Office Box 1430
Perry, GA, 31069
Telephone Numbers:
(478) 988-7024
Fax: (478) 988-7026
Additional information:
MPDC
Georgia Department of Corrections

McEver Probation Detention Center is located at 2100 Kings Chapel Road Post Office Box 1430 Perry, GA, 31069, in , Georgia. If you need information on bonds, visitation, inmate calling, mail, inmate accounts, commissary or anything else, you can call the facility at (478) 988-7024 Like most prisons/jails you will have to set up a pre-paid account with GTL before your LO can call, and their telephone number is 1-800-483-8314.
You can put money on his books using JPay, or Western Union. He will know that you put money on his books, because with JPay, you're asked to provide your name, and with Western Union, you have to have your ID..

I also looked up some information on visiting:

1. All Visitors must complete and submit Attachment 2 (Application for
Visitation Privilege). Facility staff shall review and approve or disapprove
these applications. If a visitation request is disapproved by the Warden or
Superintendent or their designee, then the disapproval reason must be written on the Application for Visitation Privilege and entered into the “Contacts”, and “Case Notes” sections of the Department’s offender data management system.

2. Each visitor shall update any change in their personal information as soon as the change occurs. Failure to update information may result in revocation of visitation privileges. If visitation privileges are revoked, the reason and length
of the revocation must be clearly written on the visitation list and shall also be entered as a note under the “Contacts”, and “Case Notes” sections in the
Department’s offender data management system.
3. Each visitor may be subject to ongoing Rapid ID scans, prior to entry at each visitation.

4. Each visitor may be subject to annual Background Checks or Criminal History Checks.
5. Each visitor shall be subject to having their photo made and maintained in the “Contacts” section of the Department’s offender data management data system.

6. Each offender shall complete a visitation list. The number of
visitors on an offender's approved visitation list is limited to twelve (12). When a visitor is approved for visitation, then the appropriate
box in the “Contacts” section must be checked. When an offender is
transferred to another facility, his previously approved visitation list shall be
honored unless extenuating circumstances come to light that would threaten
the security and orderly operation of the receiving facility.

7. If the determination is made to remove a visitor from the visitation list, the Warden or Superintendent or their designee shall immediately contact the visitor and notify them of the decision and the reason for their removal from the offender’s approved visitation list. The disapproval reason shall be clearly documented on the offender’s visitation request form. Persons who are not immediate family members and yet would like to be on the approved visitation list should make this known to the offender, who may make the request to the Warden or Superintendent. All visitors are subject to approval or disapproval by the Warden or Superintendent of the facility or their designee.

8. All visitors, regardless of age, shall be approved and listed on the offender's visitation list. The only exception shall be if a special visit is approved in advance by the Warden or Superintendent or their designee.

9. Categories of visitors may include the following:
a. Members of an offender's immediate family, (parents, siblings, spouse,
grandparents, grandchildren, or children) and members of an offender’s
extended family (step-parent, step-sibling, step-child, brother-in-law or
sister-in-law, uncle, aunt, cousin, half-brother or half-sister, nephew, or
niece,) upon request and after verification, may be placed on the offender's
approved visitation list.

b. Significant Relationship Visitors may also be included on the approved
visitation list. These visitors may be defined as:
1) Pre-incarceration relationships, which formed prior to the offender
being incarcerated;
2) Post-incarceration relationships, which formed after incarceration
began.

Diagnostic Offenders Visitation:
Offenders shall not be allowed visitation during the diagnostic process. They shall provide next of kin emergency contact information only. If the diagnostic process is not complete after 60 days a list of the offender’s immediate family shall be completed and reviewed for visitation approval. This list shall be used for visitation at the diagnostic facility until the offender is placed in a permanent assignment.

1. The initial approved visitation list shall be obtained, verified and approved at the first permanent placement facility consistent with the method provided for in the policy. This task shall not be a part of the diagnostic process.

B. Visitation Area:
The facility shall maintain a visitation area where offenders may have contact visits with their authorized visitors. Restroom facilities shall be provided for visitors in or adjacent to the visitation area. Each facility shall designate an area to allow mothers to breast-feed children.

After a person's name has been placed on the approved visitation list, prior
approval is not necessary on regular visitation days. Visitors under the age of sixteen (16) must be accompanied by an adult also on the visitation list.

Video recording of the visitation area is permitted as an added measure to ensure
the safety, security and integrity of security operations during visitation periods.
The video recordings for visitation should be reviewed by the Deputy Warden of
Security or Assistant Superintendent or Chief of Security by the end of the first
business day following the visitation period. The Warden or Superintendent shall
be notified immediately if anything unusual or outside the parameters of this
standard operating procedure or any other applicable standard operating
procedures has occurred. If an investigation results from violations observed on
the video recordings, then the video recording shall not be reused until complete
resolution of the investigation. Any videotapes that have been reviewed and do
not reveal any unusual circumstances or security value may be reused after a
period of sixty days.

C. Visitation Schedule:
1. A minimum of six (6) hours shall be allotted each day for visitation periods on
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

In order to have the offender in the visitation area during the mid-day
Count, visitors must arrive at the facility one (1) hour prior to the time
that is designated by the Warden or Superintendent as the mid-day
count. The mid-day count time shall be posted in all living areas and
in the visitation area. All offenders shall be advised of this condition
in writing as well as advised when the facility orientation is conducted
for new offenders.
b. The shift supervisor has the authority to adjust the length of visitation
times allotted to individual offenders, or to terminate visits, during
times of overcrowding.
c. The shift supervisor may also terminate individual visits because of
improper conduct or failure to abide by procedures. An Incident
Report shall be completed documenting the reason(s) for the
termination of the visit.
d. If an offender has more than one visitor on a given day, individual
visitors may be limited to a time of less than four (4) hours.
e. If overcrowding requires the termination of visits, offenders who
began their visits first shall normally be the first to have their visits
terminated. However, such factors as relationships, frequency of visits,
distance traveled, etc. shall be taken into consideration.
4. Each offender may receive the same visitor(s) during all visitation periods, providing there is sufficient time and space. However, if time and space do not allow adequate visitation for all offenders, individual visitors may be restricted to only one visitation period per weekend or weekend and holiday combination.

I know this post contains alot of information, but I wanted to try and provide you with as much as I could.. I truly hope this information helps.. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions, and I will try and help anyway I can..
Have a great day!

Last edited by HisSoul; 04-23-2016 at 08:23 PM..