Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Unhappy Phone calls not charged local rate >>help !!!

Hi All ,
I recently add a line to my Tmobile account with the prefix code of Cumberland , MD 301 .. The facility where the inmate is at .. He calls are still costing him .23 minutes @ 3.45 for the 15 minute call .. I thought by him calling direct that he calls would only cost .. 06 cents a minute ..local rate .. Are we doing something wrong ? Why are we been charged 23 cents a minute if the number is local? Please help ....
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
RDAP here we come!

Default check with Tmobile

My honey just went to Cumberland Camp yesterday from Gilmer!
Yippee!

301 is the area code for Cumberland but 301 covers a large area in Maryland. You will need to get a 301 number that is local to Cumberland.

See if you can get a number that is 301-and then the same first 3 numbers as the prison.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:17 AM

Unhappy

Thanks for the info.. so basically the number i have now is # 301-825-XXXX and the the number from the camp is 301-781-XXXX . I have to get a number with the 301-781-XXXXX.. Wow this is so much work i thought everything was going to work once i got a number with the Area code of 301...
Would Tmobile do this for me? Would the y able to give me a phone number as the 301-781-XXXX They charge me $15.00 for everytime i change the phone number so i want to make sure this work... Any advice will help me out???
Old 11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

I hope it works-I think these phone companies are starting to try to prevent anyone from doing that-they want to gouge you for every dime they can. I have just about given up trying to find things that save money- Just like the gov't-lets bleed every cent and every thing-and then have you work harder so we can take more and give you less-(sorry for the rant)
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 AM

i had this same issue with my loved one,,,i called the phone company, cingular,,and they asked me for the zip code....so u may need to give t-mobile the zip code for the prison and base the phone number on that....that should make it local.....hope this helps.....

p.s. our calls were 3.50 a call when i had a number local to where i live...when i changed it to be local for where he is the cost is now .90 cent for a 15 min call....so u see the difference...and i have an unlimited prepaid phone......
Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Unhappy

Thanks i will try this . Yes are calls are costing 3.45 for the 15 minutes .. i thought by adding this line with a number with a cumberland area code 301 would have charge us the 6 cents a minute .. I keep u posted i will call tmobile tommorrow .. thanks.. What prepaid unlimited do u have ?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:51 AM

Default did u ever get ur phone situation straightened out?...

i was just sentenced to 63 months and judge recommended cumberland fpc. who is ur internet provider? is it high speed? I am pretty sure there is a better way than using a cell phone- i read about it on another board. Let me know if u r interested and it will save u money and maybe u can tell ur friend there that i will be there next month so i will kind of know someone. This is my first stint.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM

Cingular $60 unlimited talk and txt plan......