Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 02-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,517 Posts
Default We are never ever getting back together (update)

I started to sing that song to him one night. Poor MrB. He still can't believe that his addiction has cost him everything. He keeps apologizing, but that isn't going to fix anything. He knows we are divorcing. He has asked me to always be there for his daughter... That I've been more of a parent than he's ever been. He doesn't get to me like he used to. I keep reinforcing that hr left me... This was his choice...I never wanted it... All I did was everything for him and I loved him and he threw me away. I keep telling him that people aren't throw away things... And that's why I'm still here.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), BearsLadyBear (02-02-2018), candy (02-08-2018), Chaddersgirl (02-04-2018), choclgs (02-03-2018), fbopnomore (02-02-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-02-2018), LeaLea (05-28-2018), liveweyerd (02-04-2018), lolo21216 (02-03-2018), maytayah (02-03-2018), miamac (02-02-2018), MizzyMuffling (02-03-2018), nimuay (02-02-2018), Revenwyn (07-02-2018), Sarianna (02-03-2018), Shelby67 (05-27-2018), sidewalker (02-03-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

Stay strong! You know this is what's best for you!
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), choclgs (02-03-2018), IzzyLouWho (02-02-2018), maytayah (02-03-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,614 Times in 4,042 Posts

Any separation is hard but you this is the right thing for you so you can move on.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), IzzyLouWho (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 05:21 PM

Default Big hugs!!!

I am sorry this is happening. We are here if you need to vent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preciousjewel For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), IzzyLouWho (02-02-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 03:30 PM

I know this is what's best for me. Heck, he knows it, too. There are still rough days... But I'm OK.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), Critter07 (02-04-2018), fbopnomore (02-03-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-05-2018), Kimimi (02-03-2018), maytayah (02-03-2018), MizzyMuffling (02-04-2018), Serbgirl (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 07:24 PM

Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyLouWho View Post
I started to sing that song to him one night. Poor MrB. He still can't believe that his addiction has cost him everything. He keeps apologizing, but that isn't going to fix anything. He knows we are divorcing. He has asked me to always be there for his daughter... That I've been more of a parent than he's ever been. He doesn't get to me like he used to. I keep reinforcing that hr left me... This was his choice...I never wanted it... All I did was everything for him and I loved him and he threw me away. I keep telling him that people aren't throw away things... And that's why I'm still here.
Not to sound like a jerk but really He threw you away, why are you still even dealing with him? I'v e had good, bad, and ugly relationships but I don't deal with people who don't respect what I do and have done for them. Honestly what if anything are you getting out of staying in contact with him after what he has done to you??? It really makes me sad to read your post I don't get why you'd let him continue to play with your emotions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-05-2018), joybubby (02-22-2018), liveweyerd (02-04-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Not to sound like a jerk but really He threw you away, why are you still even dealing with him? I'v e had good, bad, and ugly relationships but I don't deal with people who don't respect what I do and have done for them. Honestly what if anything are you getting out of staying in contact with him after what he has done to you??? It really makes me sad to read your post I don't get why you'd let him continue to play with your emotions.
He did throw me away... And honestly, I don't owe him a kindness... There is just something deep down inside me that keeps telling me not to turn around and throw him away like he did me. I have forgiven him and am not so bitter that I can't show some compassion. Yeah, he hurt me... But he also gave me the most amazing gift... Had he not pulled his crap, I wouldn't be with who I'm with.

My brother, boyfriend, hell... Almost everyone who knows me calls me bat shit crazy. Just chalk it up to that... I habe to be true to who I am.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), Chaddersgirl (02-04-2018), choclgs (02-03-2018), Critter07 (02-04-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (02-05-2018), joybubby (05-31-2018), MizzyMuffling (05-26-2018), nimuay (02-03-2018), Sarianna (02-04-2018), xolady (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:07 PM

Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
He did throw me away... And honestly, I don't owe him a kindness... There is just something deep down inside me that keeps telling me not to turn around and throw him away like he did me. I have forgiven him and am not so bitter that I can't show some compassion. Yeah, he hurt me... But he also gave me the most amazing gift... Had he not pulled his crap, I wouldn't be with who I'm with.

My brother, boyfriend, hell... Almost everyone who knows me calls me bat shit crazy. Just chalk it up to that... I habe to be true to who I am.
I don't think your crazy at all I just wouldn't believe for a second he has any remorse or is worth my time or compassion. You have gone above and beyond for him and I get he is great when straight, believe me I've been there. No matter what you do with an addict it will never be enough and you can't ever be that dragon they are chasing. As an addict myself I know what I'm talking about. No one and nothing ever could or would stop me from getting high, except when I was finally done. I hate what my life was for years I didn't care about anything or really anyone unless they were my dealer and then I'd roll out the red carpet. It's not easy admitting this but it's a fact and if I could have gotten high nothing and no one meant shit to me. I'm not the only drug addict and I know plenty, what stopped me was my husband doing his 9th prison term and then getting out and dying of cancer. I honestly believe I'd be dead if he and I didn't agree to quit drugs when he was in county. I didn't care if I lived or died but I made him a promise to get my shit together and I did. I'm just so sorry he got sick and really never lived a drug free life, because he would have loved living where I am and he wanted this so bad, thats why I did what I did. Most people can't just walk away from drugs I fortunately am one of the luck ones who could. I hope you go to al-non meetings it might help you move on because you need to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (02-04-2018), liveweyerd (02-04-2018), nimuay (02-04-2018), sidewalker (02-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I don't think your crazy at all I just wouldn't believe for a second he has any remorse or is worth my time or compassion. You have gone above and beyond for him and I get he is great when straight, believe me I've been there. No matter what you do with an addict it will never be enough and you can't ever be that dragon they are chasing. As an addict myself I know what I'm talking about. No one and nothing ever could or would stop me from getting high, except when I was finally done. I hate what my life was for years I didn't care about anything or really anyone unless they were my dealer and then I'd roll out the red carpet. It's not easy admitting this but it's a fact and if I could have gotten high nothing and no one meant shit to me. I'm not the only drug addict and I know plenty, what stopped me was my husband doing his 9th prison term and then getting out and dying of cancer. I honestly believe I'd be dead if he and I didn't agree to quit drugs when he was in county. I didn't care if I lived or died but I made him a promise to get my shit together and I did. I'm just so sorry he got sick and really never lived a drug free life, because he would have loved living where I am and he wanted this so bad, thats why I did what I did. Most people can't just walk away from drugs I fortunately am one of the luck ones who could. I hope you go to al-non meetings it might help you move on because you need to.
There's nothing left there... I'm not hoping for anything. I'm being a friend. He knows not to ask for anything, cause that is a no. It's a phone call a week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-08-2018), Sarianna (02-04-2018), sidewalker (02-05-2018), xolady (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
IKR... sometimes the hardest thing to so is let go, but if he ain't respecting you or treating you like trash.. then bye boo...
Old 02-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:

This part i had to underscore in orange/blue. I am so happy you're still going strong, chica and you are clean. RIP to your LOhugs and blessings XO LADY. #staystrong #focus proud of you."

Old 02-04-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:

yep. chica, and that's what you're going to have to keep remembering' you did not clearly want any of this, he had made his choice to undermine your love and the foundation of what your relationship was supposedly built on, he ruined it. and i hope you're going to keep on moving forward. You and your daughter are better off IF you're truly moving on/not looking back, and you're a better person for it too...I truly believe that. hugs and blessings tonight 4 u izzy. Adios.G-night.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-08-2018), missingdee (02-05-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 09:33 PM

He is doing you a favor.... there are many fish in the sea.