Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
His one and only <3

Default Parole Address

Why would they be asking for your "list of parole to address" my hubby told me that they recently asked him for his top choices.
I do not have our house situation squared away yet, hopefully within the next couple months.
Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 PM

They are asking because in his "release packet" they have to have the parole address listed for approval. The release packet has to be on file 180 days (6 months) prior to release.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:07 AM
His one and only <3

I thought they give them addresses in the beginning. Could this possibly mean that they could be giving him his parole packet soon?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 AM

Parole packet and release packet is the same...and YES, they have to give it at 180 days. This is regulation. The initial packet goes out at 210 days, but the release packet has to be "signed, sealed and delivered" at 180 days. And trust me...after that...time FLIES by!!

Paul got his release packet signed literally 161 days prior to his release. We have now reached our 100 day mark, and still no contact with the PO. But he is not doing probation, so I believe we are low priority.

If I hear nothing from PO by 85 days, I will start calling.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM
His one and only <3

Okay, then im just confused lol. He said that he hasn't gotten a packet, they were just asking for addresses. Which I hope won't be an issue cause the house isn't exactly mine yet....lengthy process . He wants that address as his number one.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Don't know what your exact home situation is -but
You need to own the property to get it approved , or have approval from the owners for him to live there (and they need to be fully aware of his charges ). A PO/Investigator will visit the address given to check it all out. If your stuck in escrow , your best bet would be to use your current address and let them know when they come - that you are waiting to close. If you think you may have some issues - I highly recommend that he talk to his CO asap , or you contact his PO, to find out how to work with your current situation.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 AM
His one and only <3

I'm buying a home...

Old 08-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Does anyone know if there are restrictions on certain paroles? Like SO living specific feet away from schools or parks ?

I am responsible for what I say but not responsible for how you react
Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM

SoccerAZ .. Been there -- that can be a heck of a process. I would call the parole office and ask. Probably need to give the current address and then notify of the change when you close.

FoxRider, For SO it depends on the level. There is a limit to how many currently on probation can reside in any one multi-family dwelling to prevent clustering. Level 3 sex offenders may not reside within 1,000 feet of a school or a day care center (certain exemptions apply). There may be some others too - probably just the standard ones that apply to all parolees. More details are givin in A.R.S. 13-3727.

Last edited by LadeeInWaiting; 08-09-2012 at 09:07 PM..
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM
His one and only <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadeeInWaiting
SoccerAZ .. Been there -- that can be a heck of a process. I would call the parole office and ask. Probably need to give the current address and then notify of the change when you close.

FoxRider, For SO it depends on the level. There is a limit to how many currently on probation can reside in any one multi-family dwelling to prevent clustering. Level 3 sex offenders may not reside within 1,000 feet of a school or a day care center (certain exemptions apply). There may be some others too - probably just the standard ones that apply to all parolees. More details are givin in A.R.S. 13-3727.
It's been a horrible process lol. I've been looking since may and given the house is a short sale. Length is expected...his COIII knows the situation and told him to go ahead and put the address down. I don't know what to do, it sounds like I am going to get agreement paperwork soon it's just a matter of when. I know once I get that I am closing ASAP. I want to wait to put the address down until I have keys in hand cause I'm paranoid about the whole process lol.

He did say he can change addresses at any point ...so I'm thinking I just may tell him to keep it off until I know for sure. I'm just SO ready for him to be home.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 AM

I bought a short about 2 years ago -UGH -- I see your predicament !! Shorts are hard to predict - our was approved after 5 months - but came with conditions that the realtors had to cut their commission .. thank goodness they agreed.

The po/ investigator doesn't come at a predictable time either , some people here say they already had visit 5 months to the gate - mine didn't happen till 2 months to the gate. Since you are waiting for a short - I would definately put your current. Just in case - because he cannot get approved for an invalid address. As soon as you close - you can call the parole office and let them know.

Don't stress too much
, - they do check out the address to make sure it's valid, and doesn't display evidence of drugs/crime etc. BUT I think (just from the impression I got) they are more interested in you than the home itself. They asked alot of questions like: Are you aware of the charges , has there been any domestic violence issues , who all lives there, what is your relationship to him, are you on public assistance etc.

I know it doesnt feel like it now - but you are so close to being DONE. Mine has been home just over a month and although it didnt feel like it then - time really does fly by !! HUGS
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM
His one and only <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadeeInWaiting View Post
I bought a short about 2 years ago -UGH -- I see your predicament !! Shorts are hard to predict - our was approved after 5 months - but came with conditions that the realtors had to cut their commission .. thank goodness they agreed.

The po/ investigator doesn't come at a predictable time either , some people here say they already had visit 5 months to the gate - mine didn't happen till 2 months to the gate. Since you are waiting for a short - I would definately put your current. Just in case - because he cannot get approved for an invalid address. As soon as you close - you can call the parole office and let them know.

Don't stress too much
, - they do check out the address to make sure it's valid, and doesn't display evidence of drugs/crime etc. BUT I think (just from the impression I got) they are more interested in you than the home itself. They asked alot of questions like: Are you aware of the charges , has there been any domestic violence issues , who all lives there, what is your relationship to him, are you on public assistance etc.

I know it doesnt feel like it now - but you are so close to being DONE. Mine has been home just over a month and although it didnt feel like it then - time really does fly by !! HUGS

Five months? Oh goodness, I hope this doesn't take that long. This home is farther along in the process than the first one I had an offer on. The first one was bouncing from negotiator to negotiator. He keeps telling me that he doesn't want to get his hopes up for coming home in 6 months. So i'm left confused as to why they would ask him for the addresses cause he doesn't know when it's "for certain". I'll tell him today to take that address off the list till it's 100% mine...he kept telling me not to worry about it cause his COIII told him that as long as I have the home in a couple months it wouldn't matter too much. All I know is that if they are playing with us and asking for the addresses for a date that's farther away than 6 months Ill be extremely !!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
His one and only <3

Oh, and just so I understand it all what is entailed in the "initial packet" and how do they know they are close to coming home after that? Is it that they are asking for addresses? Or is there another step to it...
I've asked him all these questions and he goes "I don't know"

Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Just so you know...I am 94 days out. Everything with Paul's packet has been approved "inside", and a PO (supposedly) has been chosen, but NO one has called me!!

I own a home, gainfully employed and even have a back ground security clearance fingerprint card...so IT WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE. But still, no contact for me yet!!

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 PM
His one and only <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie'sGirl
Just so you know...I am 94 days out. Everything with Paul's packet has been approved "inside", and a PO (supposedly) has been chosen, but NO one has called me!!

I own a home, gainfully employed and even have a back ground security clearance fingerprint card...so IT WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE. But still, no contact for me yet!!
That must be an awesome feeling to know that you're on the downside of this roller coaster ride. I'm excited for you! I am in the same boat as you as far as clearance cards, gainfully employed, just need that house lol. I keep hoping I'll hear something soon.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 PM

The az parole system is about to get the best of me! Board granted my LO home arrest on July 30. Next day he signed all the paperwork with his CO III and that packet started its way through DOC. My far north Phx. address was on everything. Each dept. that it goes to has a certain number of days to process. My LO is a Violent Offender, not SO, no gangs. Aug. 14 I get a call from Electronic monitoring saying my address will not be approved for home arrest. I tell them no one has been out here and they say they wont come out cuz they already know their ankle bracelets donot work consistently in my area and they do not want to come out here everytime they loose contact. Well, its GPS and I live on top of a mtn. so I believe they just want to keep him close to them and see how he does for awhile with them telling him what to do. This is not good for my LO. Fewer places will rent to violent offenders than to other parolees. They suggested a motel at 24 st. & Van Buren that rents weekly. It costs about half what a motel near my home would charge so LO said ok. Now we are waiting for them to "approve" THAT location, even though it was their suggestion! You all can just imagine the phone calls and paperwork that is going between prison, motel, parole ofc. and me. I am apprehensive of the location, I believe parolee after 27 years was relying on family support, not living alone down there. He is getting antsy and short tempered and I am65 yo and tired of the secretary work and worried that he is going to blow it!

Last edited by chiclet; 08-24-2012 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: addition to
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM

I would think having family support and a comfortable place to live is the most important thing for an inmate coming home. I would go down and physically talk to someone, show them pictures of your house, have your LO carry a cell phone and they can call when he goes "off the grid". Sounds like you are bit older and I have a feeling your LO is a bit older as well. Especially since he has been in for 27 years.

To me, after being IN for 27 years, being released and living on top of a mountain in North, north Phoenix is an ideal situation. You can't get into too much trouble when you are far away from all of society!!

That seems a little bullshit to deny you, without looking at your property, and even "testing out" the GPS. Seriously, GPS can be ready everywhere, my parents travel all over the place and rely upon GPS!! They wandered all over Ireland, to the very back roads and never once got lost! AND they used their good old Arizona based portable GPS.

There are also phones that track where you are....a combination of and ankle bracelet and phone should solve the problem!!!

There has to be a solution!!

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Paulie'sGirl; 08-25-2012 at 08:04 AM..