Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Clemency Board

I got another one/two punch in the gut today. My guy tells me that since he is back in on a parole violation....no matter how minor the offense...he has to stay in til the end of his sentence AND community care or whatever so he will be in til Dec 2 unless the clemency board decides otherwise. He says he has a hearing in about 4 weeks and wants me to call the clemency board and verify the date. Does anyone know the number??? Thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 AM

This is pretty much standard protocol. Violate parole and you are back in prison till the Max End of your sentence. A violation is a pretty minor charge.

From what I understand, the Clemency Board is heard for serious cases. Clemency involved the Governor and a parole violation will not have Governor involvement. If he was in a federal charge, it's the president that offers clemency.

He will most like meet with counselor and file a report to request the Oct release date. This will go to the Warden and will be approved or denied, and finally sent to Time Comp to verify dates.

There will be no hearing, just a bit of paper work filed.

Last edited by Paulie'sGirl; 04-28-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM

He sent me his notice from his counselor saying end of sentence is Oct 6 but the release date is Dec 2...end of community supervision. It says nothing about clemency board hearing. Just what he told me. It just says he has to finish both before release. Thanks again Pauliesgirl!!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:11 AM

How do you know so much??? Sorry in a way that you do....means I think that you have had a LONGGG stroll through all this stuff!! God bless you!!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:49 AM

When I first started this process, I HAD to know everything...I felt I was just a bit smarter than the average bear, and I really NEEDED to understand what I was getting myself into. I dated Paul before all this happened and have gone thru the whole process from court, to sentencing, to prison. This year, he comes home!! Thank GOD!

My brother is a lawyer and I ask him a lot of questions. My brother knows the law. I know the rules and regulations of prison. He now asks me!! More lawyers should know more about prison. Most of them do NOT!!

Originally I wanted to write a book..."Jail and Prison for the Significant Others of Dummies". But once I started researching all this, I realized I KNOW Arizona, and I really could care less about the other states. PTO IS that book, as an online version! And it's updated daily.

I have been here, learning from others and now I am imparting that knowledge TO others. Hopefully, when I walk away, others will do the same thing.

Now that we are on the end of our journey, I just want to get his ass home and close this chapter. It's Mr Toad's Wild Ride, and you never know what's around the next corner. Others describe it as an emotional roller coaster.

I have never had any issues with Paul. It's always WTF with the DOC! It's a horribly archaic insane system. Much of it, and the employees do things without rhyme or reason!! It's also a horrible waste of our tax dollars.

As far a what's happening with your LO, he has a Supervision End date and a Release Date. He was released on 85% of total time, but if there is a discrepancy of Oct to Dec, he probably is "paying" for a ticket that he received inside at some point. His release date was probably set at Oct, but a "ticket" added 60 days to his Supervised Release time...which would of been the end of his Parole, even though the end of his sentence would of been Oct.

The DOC is deciding whether or not to keep him through Dec, which would of been the end of his Parole time.

They CAN do this!! And probably WILL. On paper he is suppose to be Supervised till Dec, and since he violated, they will probably keep him through this time.

Paul is in the same boat. His release was Sept 20, lost time and now it's Nov 18. His flat max is March 3, but his supervised release is now pushed to April 20. Which means he LOST 60 days on his ERC. Even when he comes home in Nov, and his FLAT Max is Mar 2013, he will be on Parole till the end of April 2013. If he violates, he will stay thru the end of April, which is 60 days beyond his FLAT MAX!

It sucks, but it IS the DOC!!! Welcome to hell!

An inmate can be released as early at 85% of total time, but they can also STAY beyond their released time, due to tickets, behavior, etc!!

Hope that clarifies it for you!

Last edited by Paulie'sGirl; 04-28-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Thank you so much! So glad you will FINALLY have your Pauline back soon!!! Yeah I realize he messed up major and will very likely serve it out...too bad for me!! But I love him and believe in him so will be here for him throughout. He has never lied to me....though a lot he simply never mentioned. But we had only been together about a month. You don't spill your guts to just ANYONE!!! So I understand. And he has ALWAYS told me how much he loves me, needs me, God has great plans for us etc. Told me to not worry about him....take care if myself. So I'm good for it to the end. Now if he re-offends....that is a CHOICE and I will leave so fast his head will spin for weeks or months!!! I WILL NOT live this kind of life endlessly!! I love him and miss him sooo much! Congrats on Paulie's upcoming release!! God bless you both!!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM

OMG!! I just looked at his AZ DOC record online and they have moved him to Lewis Buckley!! Where the hell is that??? OMG!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Its in Buckeye.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM

That is closer to Phoenix but WHY?? The record says he got there 4/26. Is that good or bad that they moved him??? Wow!! I'm just caught off guard and blown away! I sent my app for visitation 2 weeks ago....what happens with that??? I HAVE to see him!!! Miss him sooo much!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Same happened to me - they can be moved for a ton of reasons. (mine got moved cause he had previously met a staff member).

The application will go to his new facility. Depending on where they where on the recieve / processing of the application your approval may have a little bit of a delay.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM

Thanks Ladeeinwaiting. His last letter that I got mentioned they had received my apologize and were processing it. I don't want delays! I will just have to wait for my answers about WHY from him. I already sent mail to the new address....hope the packet I mailed to Tucson BEFORE I knew about the move will get to him. I think the reason is the inmates he knew there from before but he wants to change his life. Said he had himself in lock down so he'd stay out of trouble....so guess he ASKED for protective custody?! I asked him...just wait for his reply. I refuse to always jump to conclusions w/o info...people always do that to him.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM

Where is the site located?? Says my post was at 1:48pm but it is not even 7am here!! lol

Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 AM

What is "LO"? Sorry...first time holding "holding down" an offender/convict/inmate!!! All this is new to me!! Last thing I would have expected of my life...lol.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 AM

DUH!!! Loved One...sorry.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Buckeye is a medical yard and houses higher class inmates.... they only have one min yard. But hey at least he is hella close to phx lol I live in buckeye and my hubs is in tucson. Anyways good luck Dec will come faster then you think.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 PM

He was moved from Tucson without warning. Hope he is ok!!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM

He signed his warrant, they moved him, Clemency Board said they haven't gotten his warrant yet (as of Thursday) and now his record says it was cancelled on Apr 20. WHAT does that mean??? Anything? DOC keeps my head spinning lately.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM

Every case is so very differnt , and when the doc post stuff to the site - they definately dont explain . Almost need an interpreter to figure any of it out. (ala PTO - but even then some questions go unanswered cause no-body knows - LOL).

Hang in there - I hear ya ... never thought !!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Thanks for replying....even without any idea to the answer. I am so alone and sometimes nobody answers me at all... :'( Well....time will tell. Hope this means he will be home sooner than DECEMBER!!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 AM

I think there is no greater loneliness than being with someone you cant actually be with. I try to keep as busy as I can during the day (with two little ones not usually two hard) and good book by my bed.
Hang in there - Hopefully good news is on your horizon
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks Ladieinwaiting! I/we don't have kids. All I have is my job and sleep. He doesn't have long no matter how it feels....just finishing his sentence cause his new parole officer who did not know him....they had never even met yet...violated him cause he had a bad time on the way there (during the bus strike here in Phoenix) then couldn't remember the guys name so they wouldn't let him speak to the guy. So he blew off steam. Granted....WRONG time and place but soooo human. I would have too. But they felt threatened...given his past record...and detained him. And now....almost as soon as he signed the warrant it seems they/the PO reconsidered and cancelled the warrant. No idea what that's about unless it is a tactic to keep him from being seen by the Clemency Board???! We are holding tight to faith in God and His promises to us. Still not easy but at least bearable taken one day at a time. God isn't scared/threatened or worried about our tears. Tears are prayers when you don't know WHAT or HOW to say the words!! God bless you and all of us...and help us get through the most difficult, trying time in our lives!!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM

well said
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 PM

I keep getting PTO & Facebook confused....wanting to "like" posts!