Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Banned

Default Problems at Chillicothe Correctional Center and Vandalia Correctional Center in MO?

Dear Group;

I've posted this else where in the club,"wives and girlfriends" but I'm going to post this here as well because this involves Chillicothe and Vandalia thus Missouri prisons!

In July My fiance, "RB" was involved in a fight in Chillicothe she told me that involved what she described as being "She was being victimized by loan sharking type of activities." Then she stood up to them and ended up in a fight, the end result was her being put in "protective segrigation" and transferred to Vandalia.

I can't say that has been a improvement at all! Since she has been there she has been a stress case! She suffered a "Stress Related" seizure and was transported to the hospital in Mexico Via Ambulance. Yes to make SURE that is all it is they are going to schedule a cat scan and a eeg for her.

But then she started getting really weird towards me, she wrote me a very manipulative letter asking me for 190 dollars! Well I don't know about you guys but I don't carry that around on me! Then she called me up and desperatly tried to get me to wire her a very large sum of money! I wired her SOME money what I could but not what she was asking for!

Then I got a tip from a employee of the prison system (I'm pretty sure that is what this person is, they never disclose their identity but I think its a guard or something) about some web sites I need to pay attention to. These are all personal adds that she has suddenly placed! She seems VERY DESPERATE for "donations" all of the sudden for some reason and she is also very stressed out!

I've no idea what is going on! I've written a official complaint to her prison case worker because I smell "Protection Racket" or "Loan Sharking" again!

I'm also making a complaint of mail fraud tomorrow with the local post office, if she is doing this under cohersion which I think she is! Then they will not bring charges against her! But there is something very wrong in Missouri right now! I just want to bring as MUCH attention to this problem as possible to make sure ALL INMATES ARE SAFE!

Please Pray for RB! I still love her and I am afraid for her!

Don

Last edited by midwestkraut; 09-06-2005 at 02:44 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,658 Times in 349 Posts

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention - we will certainly all hope and pray that RB will come through this situation well.

The unfortunate part of this is that there are situation that Prisoners get themselves into and they have no choice but to 'buy' their way back out and then there are actual protection schemes that play out that they are forced to pay or to stand up for themselves. I am not suggesting that RB is involved in either but both are difficult to prevent without isolation of individual prisoners.

Your support to her through this will certainly be inportant.

Can you not go to visit and get the real story? You are only going to get parts of it in mail or on the phone because it can all be monitored. If you want the whole story you should go in person.

Good luck

The Prison System is Broken
Old 09-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned

Dear tebkrg;

Believe me if I could I would but right now I'd have to take out a loan just to get gasoline! However I've been very busy on the phone, I've talked to her case manager and I've called the Inspector Generals Office of the MDC. I'm also in contact with the local Postal Inspectors. Since I can't come down there and get a immediate look at what is going on maybe their investigations will turn up some answers.

Don

Old 09-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Banned

Dear group;

I found that honesty is ALWAYS the best policy! The system works when you work with the system and not against it!

This was the out come, SHE IS STILL MY FIANCE we still ADORE one another! She is changing some of her adds so they do not appear to be "personal" adds and deleting others!

This outcome was due to help from the staff at WERDCC. Her case worker, the Chaplin, her therapist, and even the warden went the extra mile to work this out for the both of us!

We are due to be married March 2006 THIS IS A HAPPY ENDING and it was a test of our love and we BOTH passed the test!

Don