Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Animal Lover

Default Chillicothe Correctional Center

Is there a reason I see so little written about Chillicothe Correctional Center? I had to go clear back in the posts of 2005 & 2004 to read anything on this prison. And even then it was pretty generic.......people saying they'd be happy to help, etc. But I am afraid to send a message to someone from a post that is 2 & 3 years old. I have a friend that is in there, & we are starting to correspond now. In the mean time - is there anything anyone can tell me about it? I know it's an older prison, but that's about it.

I thank you for your time & effort in advance.

Sincerely,

Gisselle
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Donation Award 

Chillicothe is a women's prison and we just don't have many members in this forum that have someone there.

I believe they are building a new prison to replace the old one as it is falling down and really overcrowded.

The rules basically are the same as all the other prisons in the state.

I'm sorry, I just don't know much about it as I have never dealt with the women's prisons. But, we can and will answer any old genaric question about the DOC or policies you have!

Maybe someone will know more. I hope so.

What all were you looking to find out?

Welcome to PTO and the Missouri forum, but the way!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
krn4linda

Default NA meetings ?

Why is there none available at the Chilicothe Correctional Center ? this really needs to be available to all,and the limited AA meetings are also sad ,their scheduling make it difficult for inmates to attend with the work schedules sometimes .
Old 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM
krn4linda

Default also loking for any info or advice

Hi my partner has just been transferred to Chili from the Vandaliaprison at her request .She had heard how much better in some important ways in Chilicothe. There were just so many people in Vandalia and well different things that she really wanted to just get away from. Chili does appear to be quieter and pretty nice so far she says. No phone signup sheets are great she can just call when she wants to if a phone is open !
Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Donation Award 

Good for her! I think that with only two women's prisons in the state, that it would be really crowded in both. Lord knows they are putting women away as fast as men these days. But if she is happier (as happy as one can be in prison) there, then that is all that matters. She is the one doing the time in there, so it's good she feels better there.

Is it farther for you to go to visit? If so, that really sucks!

By the way...welcome to PTO!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 PM

I have a high school friend that got sent to chilicothe in Aug. of '05 for ten years. Such a very very sad story. Last person i could imagine in or standing prison so, i'm writing her a letter tonite because i don't know how many people she really has behind her. how long does she have to do with l0 yrs. and a couple of invol. manslaughters ? 85% or more? lst timer. Marian
Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Donation Award 

Depends. All cases are different.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:18 AM

I don't think manslaughter is one of the convictions that's required to serve the mandatory min. of 85%. More then likely she will have to serve at least 50% of her time but like Christy said, it all depends on the case. What the circumstance were, who the judge is, if she's had any other felonies on her record and what they were, etc.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Thanks. Sometimes i think offenders, all of us, can punish ourselves more harshly than any prison system when it is a crime involving injury or death to others when you would never ever want to hurt anyone. Bad decisions sometimes are so incredibly dangerous and can have all sorts of consequences, and sometimes i really do think , there but for the grace of god, goes i. Marian
Old 10-31-2007, 10:05 AM

What exactly are you wanting to know about Chillicothe? I was there for over 3 years. I've been gone from there for almost 4 years now, but I still keep in touch with some friends I have that are there and I will answer any questions for you that I can.......