Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Omega 17 - any knowledge of?

My husband just called about "sovereignship" this is not even a word, talking about he can become his own country, and this process stops all court issues, and they may even get him out of jail. The process is called Omega 17, I think it is a scam, anyone know anything about it?
The Following User Says Thank You to cjackson225 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

If it was a legal option, everyone would be doing it. it sounds too good to be true. I don't have info on it, but maybe someone who comes along will.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatwiz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Thanks, I think it is a scam, he says he has seen it work on people, but when I search online, I find nothing
The Following User Says Thank You to cjackson225 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Scam. It may be playing off the idea that foreign diplomats can't be charged with crimes because of diplomatic immunity. Also there is something called soverign immunity that involves nations having the right to have their own laws without having to worry about what other countries have as laws. For example: Someone in Amsterdam uses drugs. He then goes on vacation to the US. The US Police can't arrest him for being a drug user- when the crime happened in his home country where it was legal. That's what is meant by soverignty. That one country can't try to impose their laws on another country.

So in theory if you were your own country then you could never be charged with any crime because any crime you did commit would be within your nation. But- people can't be declared nations. You need set land, boundaries, a shared history and people to be a country. Besides, if he was declared a country today it wouldn't matter because the original crime happened on US soil so the US has jurisdiction.
The Following User Says Thank You to mb94 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 PM

cjackson255, actually its not a scam, you can become soveign. It is difficult because of all the rules, laws etc. My son has become soveign (can't remember the spelling) but if you would like more info, pm me with your email addy and I will have him get in touch with you with regarding this matter.

Keeping the faith once again when dealing with MDOC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to +4thefuture For This Useful Post:
LookingAtTime (05-14-2012), SoozeCat (05-06-2011)
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Congrats

You might not be cking the forum because your loved one is home but I just wanted to add to the fact that this process is working. There are folks who are now released.

The people who help prisoners with the process are very careful about who they help. Eileen of Omega 17 does not choose to assist violent offenders or those convicted of certain offenses.

Just wanted to post a positive for Omega 17. Eileen is working on my son's situation. He's not home yet but I will post a victory if it works for him.

--------Sandra
The Following User Says Thank You to sandrapinkoski For This Useful Post:
LookingAtTime (05-14-2012)
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Talking He's waiting for his time to get out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrapinkoski View Post
You might not be cking the forum because your loved one is home but I just wanted to add to the fact that this process is working. There are folks who are now released.

The people who help prisoners with the process are very careful about who they help. Eileen of Omega 17 does not choose to assist violent offenders or those convicted of certain offenses.

Just wanted to post a positive for Omega 17. Eileen is working on my son's situation. He's not home yet but I will post a victory if it works for him.

--------Sandra
I have contact Omega 17, Eileen and we are waiting for everything to happen we completed everything that was ask of us ...So now its in Gods hands and I know that he will take care of it...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,469 Posts

Sigh...
Look, this thing is a scam. Pure and simple. Honest. There is NO chance that a criminal case gets dismissed because an inmate declares themselves to be sovereign. It has never happened and it never will, and yes plenty of bored inmates have tried writs like this in the past. If you'd like to try another scam, there is no chance that a criminal case gets dismissed because there is no court jurisdiction over a criminal case where only the Commerce Clause in fact applies. Another common scam is to promise a Due Process/Equal protection argument that has been rejected numerous times before (without revealing that all the existing case law is bad) by presenting a common sense argument that sounds like it HAS to win. Another scam is to do a sentencing report pre or post plea in a situation where there's no chance of winning and nothing much to present.
Peope like this are taking advantage of folks who'd do ANYTHING to help someone they love. They make it affordable so people will give it a chance. They are about as honest as one of those "send $5000 to make $7Million when we recover your inheritance" Nigerian email scams.

[quote=pumpkin67;5916944]I have contact Omega 17... quote]
Old 02-24-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrapinkoski View Post

--------Sandra
Hello,

Do you have an update on your son?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:35 PM
Off-Paper Since 2009
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsearch View Post
Hello,

Do you have an update on your son?
Read the rest of this thread. She got scammed. They gave her the run-around and then disappeared with her money.

That's how scammers work. They give you false hope, then run off with your money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel Timer For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-24-2018)
Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Default omega 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by +4thefuture View Post
cjackson255, actually its not a scam, you can become soveign. It is difficult because of all the rules, laws etc. My son has become soveign (can't remember the spelling) but if you would like more info, pm me with your email addy and I will have him get in touch with you with regarding this matter.
please send info that you have located on how this works. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jlh33330 For This Useful Post:
tealallen (01-16-2011)
Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 PM

Default Scam

If they want money to set inmates free based on being a sovereign, it is a scam. 100% no doubt about it scam. I don't mean 99.999% scam; I mean 100%. Scam, scam, scam. Like a "send your money to Nigeria and we'll mail you a fortune" scam. Like an "I met you on the internet, I love you, please mail me money" scam.
Did I mention is is a scam?
If they don't want money it is still a scam but of a different sort. It is unkind to get hopes up so that they can be dashed.

The same theory will thereafter enable you to not pay income tax. That theoryt doesn't work out very well either. Scam if they want money; dangerous and still a scam if they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh33330 View Post
please send info that you have located on how this works. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
tealallen (01-16-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Help

Quote:
Hi!!! I could really use help, I'm trying to help out my brother who is on prison, he's been in for 12 years now for bank robbery if you could please help me addy that would be a dream come true! I have done spool much searching on this and found nothing and I came across what said about it not being a scam. Please I have so much hope! I never want to give up on family, if you could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you and god bless!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Sigh. SCAM! . No question, no doubt, 100% certain, and I don't mean 99.99% certain.
The jurisdictional arguments being suggested are silly. Silly, as in laughable. Legal snake oil, and not even very good legal snake oil. They make just enough sense to bilk the hopeless and desparate. Selling their great discoveries as a way to offer hope is just plain mean. The only way to justify paying someone to make those arguments (or to pay to learn about those arguments) is to say that even though the argument is silly and a proven loser, it might better to be silly than to do nothing. If money is no object, and you go into the relationship knowing you are being scammed, and you do it anyway...well, I guess one way to look at it is that you are a cockeyed optimist. The other way to look at it is that someone took advantage of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel12 View Post
... I came across what said about it not being a scam. Please I have so much hope! I never want to give up on family, if you could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you and god bless!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
nimuay (06-23-2011), SimplyMe123 (06-23-2011), yourself (06-23-2011)
Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Can you have your son send me info on this? Did he actually get out of jail? My email addy is email address removed per PTO policy, contact her through the private message system
Thanks!!

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-09-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-02-2008, 06:45 PM

More of a joke than a scam. There's some folks who became their own country (at least in their own minds) and began to issue citizenships. There national anthem was pretty funny, though.

I hope no one is paying money to become their own monarchy.

Anyways, this was such a fine argument you might want to chat with how any number of native americans feel about state and federal prison.

There is SOME argument to be had, in a way. Obviously sovereigns can eulate certain things if they are recognized by the US government. Native americans have a large say over adoptions, for instance. SOme tribes have tribal courts covering certain kinds of legal matters . (However, these courts seldom operate to exclude state and/or federal jurisdiction.)
Certain tribal authority is recognized as freedom of religion, so for instance peyote can be used at a religious ceremony even though possession under other circumstances is a crime.

These jurisdiction arguments have been around for many years. In addition to criminal law, I've heard tax protestors try this sort of thing as a dodge. There are surely people who are willing to swear it works. It'll only cost you a few hundred dollars to attend the first introductory seminar. (It is likely true that there are so many tax offenders out there that not everyone is worth chasing after. Maybe that's what makes it look like some people have had luck with this argument.)

If that doesn't work for you, there's this long historical argument about how the only law in the US is the law of Admiralty; and how the wrong flag is flown at the courthouse. The US lacks jurisdiction to collect taxes or enforce criminal laws. Various organizations meet and discuss such methods.

Sadly, no court has recognized these creative jurisdictional defense theories. (If I'm wrong, please provide the case citation. Otherwise, these theories are mere snake oil being sold to people who will believe anything that can fill the void in their spirit. Taking advantage of people who are hurting is a mean thing to do.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gryphon For This Useful Post:
mysonsinyankton (02-06-2010), nimuay (05-14-2012)
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Metro Atlanta ADA

In addition... you would have to be sovereign BEFORE the crime. And if you managed to get yourself diplomatic status you might have a shot, otherwise its just going to show premeditation and really get you time added on!
The Following User Says Thank You to YourFriendlyDA For This Useful Post:
MIKAER (04-11-2011)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 AM
The Future Mrs. W.L.C.

I am also looking to get info. on Omega 17 ,and to see if it really does work. If anyone has anymore info. on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sooo much.
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyChampion For This Useful Post:
frances8 (06-17-2010)
Old 02-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Better question would be.

Has anyone on this board ever done the Omega thing and gotten out of prison early or not been sent to prison at all? (Provide links to prove it.)

I'll be willing to bet that there are NOT, because this is the same old argument that is getting tax protesters lockedup.

And I'm not talking about people who know people who said they had, either.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM

Default omega 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChampion View Post
I am also looking to get info. on Omega 17 ,and to see if it really does work. If anyone has anymore info. on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sooo much.
i was wondering if you ever found out any info for the omega 17 process, my husband is locked up and he is talking about the same thing
Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalconer70 View Post
i was wondering if you ever found out any info for the omega 17 process, my husband is locked up and he is talking about the same thing
Your answer is within this very thread.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:36 AM

Wishful thinking. Somewhat whimsical creative writing. No legal basis.
Making yourself your own country is as useful as saying "I renounce thee" three times. Maybe less useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalconer70 View Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Alferd Packer fan

Thanked 1,033 Times in 597 Posts

I don't know about that Gryphon.

Saying "I renounce thee" three times at least exercises your vocal cords, whereas the soverginship stuff empties your wallet and you can lose everything for nothing.

IMO if people are fed up with America, go visit a few third world nations and see how much you love America then. In fact, go vist a lot of different countries and you'll see how easy we have it here.
"I swore never to be silent whenever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." -- Elie Weisel
Old 02-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson225 View Post
My husband just called about "sovereignship" this is not even a word, talking about he can become his own country, and this process stops all court issues, and they may even get him out of jail. The process is called Omega 17, I think it is a scam, anyone know anything about it?
never heard of it my husband just called me talking about it
The Following User Says Thank You to jlmiller For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmiller View Post
never heard of it my husband just called me talking about it
More false jailhouse rhetoric.