Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Intro--Becca00 from United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
My partner been sentenced for 7 month. Half of you probably say oh well that's not a lot but last 2 and half years now we been doing everything together and it's really hard having him just being taken away suddenly. He has been found guilty for downloading innocent images which I know he is not interested in plus the dates they said he done it I was with him 99% of the time. On 2 occasions we were away once in Germany and other time still in UK but 4 hours away from the town we lived for his grandma's funeral. So of course I was witness with pictures and his best mate. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. we had to get 8 grand loan as well to pay legal fees he lost his job. In the mean time my mum was made redundant too so I'm feeding my mom and brother out of my wage. He just been told he can't have tag because he didn't plee guilty which he is been pressured by the system constantly. I just really wanna wake up now and found out that this was just a bad dream and he is next to me. Anyone else feels the same?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,348 Times in 12,348 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what you both are facing. Here's a link to the UK prison forums if he is serving his sentence there.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1603
Old 03-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,317 Times in 4,298 Posts

Welcome to PTO there is some good information on this website for prisoners families

https://www.gov.uk/support-for-famil...s-of-prisoners.

If you or his family are on welfare benefits of any kind you can claim financial assistance with the costs of visiting you can get a claim form at the prison.

7 months is not a long term although it may seem like it.

The link I have sent you gives some websites that you can contact that support prisoners friends and family and they can give advice on claiming benefits, claiming the cost of visits and advice on post release re settlement including finding employment. They also offer support over the phone or on line and they can offer mental health support and counselling where appropriate.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Thank you I did look for help with at least travel money of some sort because we live in Yorkshire and he is down south in Winchester but you can only get help if you are already claiming benefits. So sad I never wanted to claim always worked both of us and now because of someone else we will have to. If I get it that is because I don't have a children and I work full time. My chances are slim to none.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,317 Times in 4,298 Posts

Winchester is a long way from Yorkshire it may be worth contacting some of the helplines and see if they have any ideas or can support you in any way.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-01-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 05:14 AM

Default Message

Hi Becca,

Hope you're doing well and your travel situation has improved. I've sent you a private message on your inbox, just in case you don't see the notification. Hope that's ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca00 View Post
Thank you I did look for help with at least travel money of some sort because we live in Yorkshire and he is down south in Winchester but you can only get help if you are already claiming benefits. So sad I never wanted to claim always worked both of us and now because of someone else we will have to. If I get it that is because I don't have a children and I work full time. My chances are slim to none.