Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 11-24-2018, 05:53 AM

G'day from Down Under Everyone!! :-)
It's just one week until summer here, though I know the first snow has already hit Michigan, where I got a penpal and will soon hit Kentucky where my Gorgeous Guy is. I just ordered him some thermals and sweat outfits, so he should be happy! Actually, he is always eternally grateful for everything!
Things have been moving along pretty fast since we realised we were falling for each other around my birthday, and I finally (after 4 attempts!) got a phone number set up, so he can call me every day now. If a day goes by with no call or no Jpay, I find myself missing him, but it feels nice to HAVE someone to miss, because it's been the longest time for me since I had anyone interested in me!

Anyway, with each time he calls me, I fall more and more in love with that adorable eastern KY accent, and that beautiful laugh of his and it makes me smile to hear of him talking about his "new found happiness" and how he calls me his "witch". According to him, I must have cast a spell on him because he can't stop thinking about me. LOL!!
The other day, he made me laugh so hard when he told me that he "wants to be a kangaroo" when he grows up! OMG!!! How freakin adorable IS this man??!! Honestly, I feel like I'm a love-struck 16 year old again, and he definitely feels the same!
How did I get this lucky??
Just over 500 days til release and I'm working on getting over there to visit as soon as I can! Can't wait!! :-D
Feeling SOOO grateful for writeaprisoner.com and for y'all on here! TY! :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tabbycat007 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-24-2018), miamac (11-24-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2018, 06:20 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,298 Times in 4,289 Posts

I am heading back to Colorado soon, we some visits arranged and one will be our big day.
Its not going to be conventional but nothing is conventional about us. I am kind of nervous about the weather, driving the mountain roads in the snow does not appeal but I have a big SUV and I am going to take it slow.
I also have a property to look at in Wolf Creek ski area so I am going to be busy.
Can't wait to see my love its only been 2 months but its 2 months too long.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-24-2018), Sarianna (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Thanked 20,655 Times in 7,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I am heading back to Colorado soon, we some visits arranged and one will be our big day.
That's right, a winter wedding! Hoping your travels all go smoothly and believe me when I say that even without all of the traditional elements, it's a day that you won't forget.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (11-24-2018), maytayah (11-24-2018), Sarianna (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 11:14 AM

You know what it will be amazing because I love the man so much. However we have had so many obstacles thrown in our way I wont believe its going to happen until it does x

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (11-24-2018), miamac (11-24-2018), Sarianna (11-24-2018), tabbycat007 (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Location: His is in Colorado USA I am currently in Somerset U.K.

I am so excited to hear your story! As I will be doing the same thing in February �� The case manager makes it sound very straight forward but I have my worries!! I drove through the mountains in snow in October! Nothing was going to stop me lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melancholyholly For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-24-2018), Sarianna (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
You know what it will be amazing because I love the man so much. However we have had so many obstacles thrown in our way I wont believe its going to happen until it does x
Your perception CREATES YOUR REALITY! So, start believing, girl! You created what you got going on already, and that's awesome! Don't be afraid to have faith in a society that teaches us to be cynical....I wish you both all the best anyway!! :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to tabbycat007 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbycat007 View Post
G'day from Down Under Everyone!! :-)
It's just one week until summer here, though I know the first snow has already hit Michigan, where I got a penpal and will soon hit Kentucky where my Gorgeous Guy is. I just ordered him some thermals and sweat outfits, so he should be happy! Actually, he is always eternally grateful for everything!
Things have been moving along pretty fast since we realised we were falling for each other around my birthday, and I finally (after 4 attempts!) got a phone number set up, so he can call me every day now. If a day goes by with no call or no Jpay, I find myself missing him, but it feels nice to HAVE someone to miss, because it's been the longest time for me since I had anyone interested in me!

Anyway, with each time he calls me, I fall more and more in love with that adorable eastern KY accent, and that beautiful laugh of his and it makes me smile to hear of him talking about his "new found happiness" and how he calls me his "witch". According to him, I must have cast a spell on him because he can't stop thinking about me. LOL!!
The other day, he made me laugh so hard when he told me that he "wants to be a kangaroo" when he grows up! OMG!!! How freakin adorable IS this man??!! Honestly, I feel like I'm a love-struck 16 year old again, and he definitely feels the same!
How did I get this lucky??
Just over 500 days til release and I'm working on getting over there to visit as soon as I can! Can't wait!! :-D
Feeling SOOO grateful for writeaprisoner.com and for y'all on here! TY! :-)
Aw sounds very sweet!! I met my MWI through writeaprisoner .com also! He will be home in 138 days, we have known each other for over 3 years now and its hard to imagine my life without him, but we are being realistic about our future together. On the streets we are still essentially strangers, we've had visits, calls, letters, e-mails and have done all we could to be close as a MWI couple, but we will now be transitioning to being a couple out in the real world, it might work, it might not, i'm hoping it does of course, but we are just gonna take it one day at a time, he has been in federal prison nearly a decade so his focus will need to be on his reentry to society and adjusting to his new normal, I will support and love him as I have from day 1 and I pray we make it for the long haul!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (11-24-2018), tabbycat007 (11-24-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 02:15 PM

Thank you all I am determined to have our day after so many let downs.
I will let you all know how we get on, we have written our vows and yet there will be no pictures as its not picture weekend ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-24-2018), Sarianna (11-25-2018)
Old 11-24-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
Aw sounds very sweet!! I met my MWI through writeaprisoner .com also! He will be home in 138 days, we have known each other for over 3 years now and its hard to imagine my life without him, but we are being realistic about our future together. On the streets we are still essentially strangers, we've had visits, calls, letters, e-mails and have done all we could to be close as a MWI couple, but we will now be transitioning to being a couple out in the real world, it might work, it might not, i'm hoping it does of course, but we are just gonna take it one day at a time, he has been in federal prison nearly a decade so his focus will need to be on his reentry to society and adjusting to his new normal, I will support and love him as I have from day 1 and I pray we make it for the long haul!
Well, you sound like a very sane and sensible woman! It sounds like he's very lucky to have you! I'm sending you both all the positive energy in the world! :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to tabbycat007 For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (11-25-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 03:09 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,827 Posts

Quote:
I will let you all know how we get on, we have written our vows and yet there will be no pictures as its not picture weekend ...
I'm sitting here super excited & wondering if you're already a MRS

Anxiously awaiting news!!!!

Over here it's been pouring down all weekend and I feel very blah. Met with some friends for dinner on Friday but haven't really done much else all weekend, it's one of those gloomy days (=both Sat and Sun) when you don't even want to step outside of your apartment. Spoke with my guy a few times yesterday, he's been having horrible sinus issues and I don't even understand how someone can have a constantly runny nose 24/7 for over a month...but now they had started giving him some antibiotics so hopefully it'll help.

Hoping you all are having a more 'happening' weekend...I think I'll stay on my couch until Monday

Last edited by Sarianna; 12-09-2018 at 09:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-14-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:39 AM

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
I am excited to hear your story and share your big day. Lots of love from here!

Old 12-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Spoke with my guy a few times yesterday, he's been having horrible sinus issues and I don't even understand how someone can have a constantly runny nose 24/7 for over a month...but now they had started giving him some antibiotics so hopefully it'll help.
Ahhh, CDC. They make them do at least two weeks of allergy medicine (cheap, OTC) before they'll acknowledge an illness. By then they've spread it around and hopefully haven't gotten any worse. Hopefully he's feeling better soon.

I'm dreading visiting now that cold and flu season is in full swing. I'm back on my immunosuppressant and if the person next to me is "sucking it up" for a visit when they're sick it can land me in the hospital. :/ I know it's hard to stay home, especially during the holidays. I plan on wearing a mask.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-10-2018), Sarianna (12-10-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Another update: Today he signed the paperwork for the Halfway House so now we wait for him to get a date! Homecoming preparations are definitely in full-swing as we are now under 4 months to go!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-14-2018), miamac (12-14-2018), Sarianna (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

That is great news, lolo21216 - very, very excited for you

lolo21216 (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,191 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
Oh my goodness. I have been gone too long that I didn't know about this...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-14-2018), Sarianna (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM

Oh boy... Has my life gotten complicated. My current relationship with my first love is falling apart... He is getting on my last nerve and won't alter anything... While this has been going downhill, I have been writing a friend I met through my ex. We have been writing for almost four years and have always felt something for each other. I'm scared to death after the ex, but I also know he is nothing like him. He has six years left so there is plenty of time to figure this out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (12-14-2018), maytayah (12-14-2018), miamac (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 06:19 PM

Well I am back in the UK and finding it very hard to adjust to being back already.I am missing the glorious snowy rocky mountains such spectacular scenery ohh and also missing my husband.

Yup I am Mrs M , we got married on the 8th December. It was a very unconventional wedding but then we are an unconventional couple.Our wedding happened at visit just the two of us self solemnising our marriage with our own vows.

Our wedding cake was a shared honey bun and our entertainment a game of cards. We weren't allowed to sign our marriage licence together.I had to sign that and send it in to his case worker and she gave it to him to sign and return to the court.

I have to send his wedding band into his case worker with our certificate copy. I am already wearing mine , we went for titanium its hard wearing and within budget.

We were allowed photos even though it wasnt photo week.

Our wedding night was as many calls as we could get.

I am so happy but so sad to leave him behind but despite the limitations of our marriage I am glad we can go forward together.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-15-2018), IzzyLouWho (12-14-2018), KiwiPP (12-14-2018), lolo21216 (12-15-2018), miamac (12-14-2018), MizzyMuffling (12-14-2018), Sarianna (12-15-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 07:35 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Woohooo! And I'm so glad you got your photos.

We had a Hostess Cupake for our cake. I've always thought if we have an outside wedding, we'll skip the traditional cake and buy a flat of those and serve instead. Lol

Congrats to the new couple!!
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-23-2019)
Old 12-14-2018, 09:21 PM

Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,426 Posts

Quote:
Well I am back in the UK and finding it very hard to adjust to being back already.I am missing the glorious snowy rocky mountains such spectacular scenery ohh and also missing my husband.

Yup I am Mrs M , we got married on the 8th December. It was a very unconventional wedding but then we are an unconventional couple.Our wedding happened at visit just the two of us self solemnising our marriage with our own vows.

Our wedding cake was a shared honey bun and our entertainment a game of cards. We weren't allowed to sign our marriage licence together.I had to sign that and send it in to his case worker and she gave it to him to sign and return to the court.

I have to send his wedding band into his case worker with our certificate copy. I am already wearing mine , we went for titanium its hard wearing and within budget.

I am so happy but so sad to leave him behind but despite the limitations of our marriage I am glad we can go forward together.
Congrats! Beautiful update! I wish you guys all the love, happiness, health, success, and freedom in this life.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-15-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 11:58 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyLouWho View Post
Oh boy... Has my life gotten complicated. My current relationship with my first love is falling apart... He is getting on my last nerve and won't alter anything... While this has been going downhill, I have been writing a friend I met through my ex. We have been writing for almost four years and have always felt something for each other. I'm scared to death after the ex, but I also know he is nothing like him. He has six years left so there is plenty of time to figure this out.
Wait... what???
Old 12-15-2018, 03:34 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Maytayah

So happy for you -- congratulations!

maytayah (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:

Soooooo happy for you both, wishing you a happy marriage!

The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Wait... what???
I know... It has me scratching my head. After we hit the year mark, things started going downhill. He is unreasonably stubborn and where I could get him to back down, now he won't. He's getting controlling and doesn't care about his appearance. He acts like we are 12 and 14 again, but last I checked I'm 45 and he just turned 47.

When the ex was in county in 15, he always had someone call me when he was sent to the hole... Well, he had introduced me to a couple of them and one of the guys and I hit it off... Similar personality and sense of humor. So when he called to let me know the ex had gone to the hole, we talked... Started writing and became friends. We care about each other more than friends, but I'm afraid to get involved with someone inside again... Or this would have happened instead of current pain in the butt...

I'm not ready to walk away from what I have now, but if things keep getting worse, I will. My friend is being just that... My friend... And being supportive. He just wants me happy and cared for. And the boyfriend... We are going to have another talk about age appropriate behavior and the fact that his 14 year old act more mature than him.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-15-2018), KiwiPP (12-15-2018), maytayah (12-15-2018), MizzyMuffling (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,717 Posts

Do what feels right and good for you. Life's too short and the last thing you need is being a mother to a guy 47 years old.
If you think there's a chance maybe go to counseling to find out what changed and why but in the end it's your gut which'll tell you which direction to take.
I might be harsh at times to myself and those around me but I'm no spring chicken anymore and I'm done wasting my time and energy and heart on idiots
fbopnomore (12-15-2018), maytayah (12-15-2018)
Old 01-23-2019, 08:15 AM

Winter always feels like the longest season...especially when your guy has a Spring release date LOL

How's everyone doing in the MWI world?

78 days left for us, I've finished the homecoming shopping, at least gotten the essential hygiene stuff and the basics for clothing along with a few other things. Enough to get him on his feet so he can figure out the many other things that come with reentry! He has my support and family support so he is lucky in that regard. But of course this isn't his first time being released so anxiety is high and he has a court date here in New Jersey for a different charge so there is still unknown ahead of us...I can't breathe a sigh of relief yet.

We are hoping he gets a halfway house date soon, the paperwork was sent in over a month ago but due to the shutdown everything is moving slow..well even slower than the usual slow.

I'd say right now my guy has what we called in high school "senioritis" lol he is just focused on coming home! I'm nervous, anxious and excited. I have no idea how our future will play out so I'm just taking it one day at a time. Thank god I'm in therapy already so I have a safe space to process all of this, good or bad. Hoping for the best but not living in denial of the possibility this goes sour.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-23-2019), Sarianna (01-23-2019)