Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-08-2004, 03:12 AM

Talking Finally good news to wash the bad news...

Awhile ago (I think I posted somewhere) my sweetie told me DOC said he was inelligable for good/earned time, and they had classified him as a violent offender. He was crushed and so was I. No Good time!?!?!? That was a huge disconnect, seeing as though his sentencing didn't reflect violent offender status, only thing that enhanced it was the fact he was on parole at the time.

Well Yesterday he called and told me he wrote a letter (I don't know to who) asking for clarification, because of what his case worker told him about his status and his good/earned time.

He got a reply back!!!! His good/ earned time has been credited!!! He doesn't know if he has changed status from violent offender or not, but the said DRDC had entered incorrect information!

I'm so happy!! Still have awhile to go on his sentence. He graduates next week from the CARE program, which a bunch of possibilities could open up and or happen, but they won't tell him until afterwards. He is comparing the anxiety to before sentencing jitters. But we will see!

I just thought I'd share.......

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2004, 08:29 AM

Its good the see some GOOD news here some times. I am happy for the both of you.

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:14 AM

Thank you!

I'll take the good news anyday!

Old 10-09-2004, 08:54 PM

Hi, I agree it is really good to hear some good news. It seems as all the bad news travels fast.
I have to say my son is in the same situation the classified him wrong and refused to take classes cause he was incorrectly classified and now they moved him from Canon Fremont to Kit Carson and said he was going to loose his good time I hope we get the same report.
Good luck and keep dreaming and praying for our loved ones.

Until my son and daughter come home!!

When the devil knocks just ask God "can you please get that for me" You will be amazed what he will do for us, he is an awesome GOD!!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Account Closed

It is about time that we started to get good news in here. I was so afraid that all that was out there was bad news..........Congrats. on his good time being credited and tell him Congratulations from me on graduating the class. Love Jeanne
Old 10-10-2004, 02:57 AM

Thank you Cindy and Jeanne!

I will definately tell him congrats. He's just not sure if it's a good thing or not.. I keep telling him, "well you had to have learned SOMETHING from it!" Besides it got him out of wroking manual labor...lol

Old 10-11-2004, 12:40 PM

Congrats to the both of you! I hope you have more good news to follow!