Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Donation Award 

imissmybubba-Welcome to PTO and to the Siblings Forum. Your brother sounds like he is making every effort to turn his life around which is wonderful and I'm so glad his 3 children are being looked after by your parents. Let us know what the parole board says.You sound like such a caring, supportive sister .
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2007, 10:45 AM
chrann

Medicscrazy:
Thanks for the advice on searching the SAFP.
I have tried to search the internet with all kinds of words. I have found some information but not a lot. It is agravating. My brother is not able to call me. I found out he can only have one phone call a month. I have received a letter from him and he seems to be doing good. I wish I could go see him. We all know it is down hill from now. When he finishes the program he will hopefully come home to finish his probation. I hope he has learned a good lesson from all this and stays away from the drugs.

Last edited by chrann; 03-10-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome to all the new members. You will find a lot of support here.

CATHERINE
Old 03-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Melody and I'm new to PTO. Wish I had known about this site sooner, I've been missing out on a lot of useful information....I have an older brother who has been incarcerated since 1992 in the state of Georgia. I and my whole family miss him like crazy. I'm in the process of writing a letter to the parole board since he'll be going up for parole reconsideration. I'm praying that this time around he'll make parole so he can come back home. That is all, thanks for listening.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Welcome meladramatic, I hope your brother gets his parole. This is a great place to get support and information. Again welcome!
Catherine

CATHERINE
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Just Joined - Sister in prison

Hello,

I just joined this site. My sister is in prison for 3 more weeks. She was transferred yesterday from Live Oaks to CCWF. Are there folks here with relatives in this prison. She is being housed in the gym

I am so worried for her, but at the same time just happy that she has 3 weeks to go
Old 08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Hello,

I just joined this site. My sister is in prison for 3 more weeks. She was transferred yesterday from Live Oaks to CCWF. Are there folks here with relatives in this prison. She is being housed in the gym

I am so worried for her, but at the same time just happy that she has 3 weeks to go
Welcome to the siblings forum! I am glad that your sister only has 3 wks i am sure that having her family by her side as she went thru this , has helped her alot
Old 09-22-2007, 01:22 PM
the caged bird sings

Hi everyone! I have been using this site for a few months, but have not yet introduced myself. My younger brother was just sent to prison in Missouri in May. We have always been super close and this has been a really tough time. My brother just turned 21, he has never been in prison before so all of this is new to me and my family. My brother was in diagnostics at ERDCC and got into a fight because some one punched him in the cafeteria over something about a juice drink. He was put in the hole until he was moved to SECC. Two days after he arrived at SECC a couple of guys tried to rob him in hs cell after he went to canteen. He fought back, really kicked some buttt and was again sent to the hole. Now he is in "PC," which is really the hole because there is no PC unit at SECC. So basically he has been in the hole since May, all for standing up for himself. It's so crazy! They say they're doing it for his protection, but I think he proved that he can hold his own. Now he will be in the hole until heis transfererd, who knows how long that will be. The worst part is that he shouldn't even be in maximum security to start with.... but that's a whole other story! This web site has been so helpful, I love it! Anyway, hi everyone! Sorry for the super long post.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Donation Award 

Hi dork and welcome to the Siblings Forum! I know you've posted in the past here but I'm glad to see your intro. and learn more about your brother. I wonder if many of our siblings have escaped being in the Hole?? It's really upsetting when it first happens but then if you keep telling yourself that at least they probably are safer it might help you cope with things. Keep us posted on how he's doing please.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:45 PM
the caged bird sings

Thanks DLM! I will definitely keep everyone posted.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Account Closed

A big welcome to all those who I've not met yet.
Hope you find this site to be helpful.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Former Prison occupant

hello, i just joined this month, my brother is at lee state prison in GA. hes got 2 more yrs to go, already done 4 yrs.his name is Clarence
Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Donation Award 

Well, I realized I never introduced myself. My brother is waiting to move to his parent institution. We're at the beginning of between 8-12.5 years. I live in NC and he's in Ohio so it is hard to see him, but we're trying for once every 6 weeks. Hello to you all. I'm glad I found this place.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:58 PM
HIZ WIFE

Unhappy

Hi everyone i've been a member here for awhile and i've never had to post in this forum until today. My little brother was arrested yesterday, my mom's hysterical, my sister lives far away, and I'm depressed. Mind you my husband is serving 35+, so this stress on top of stress. I've been doing this for a few years now (the ups and downs of prison life) but how do i help my mom through it all. She is devestated, I mean totally broke down. He's never been in a situation like this before, we don't know how long he will get but he will be getting some time. Thanks for listening.
"Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do, will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, will never...never forget it.” ♥
Old 11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Siblings Forum Timothys sister and HIZALLWAYZ.
Glad you found us.
HIZALLWAYZ- I am so sorry you had to post here as well. It's so hard on every member of the family going through something like this but it must be even more devastating for your Mom. Come here often and get your strength from all of us- we know what you're going through.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZALLWAYZ
Hi everyone i've been a member here for awhile and i've never had to post in this forum until today. My little brother was arrested yesterday, my mom's hysterical, my sister lives far away, and I'm depressed. Mind you my husband is serving 35+, so this stress on top of stress. I've been doing this for a few years now (the ups and downs of prison life) but how do i help my mom through it all. She is devestated, I mean totally broke down. He's never been in a situation like this before, we don't know how long he will get but he will be getting some time. Thanks for listening.
I'm sorry about your brother. This must be so hard for you on top of "losing" your husband to the system. Every mom is different, so it is hard to suggest what you should do to support her. You can only do so much to help your mom because YOU are also going through this. I made the mistake of worrying too much about my mom and put my whole life on hold when my sis went in. I am still suffering from it and it has been 6 months since this all started for me. All you can really do is keep in touch with mom, make sure she knows you love her, make sure you see her often enough to give some needed hugs, and then pray your heart out(if you do that) the rest of the time.

When I was a month away from giving birth to my second child, my sis and her boyfriend were picked up on state charges. My mother was living with them at the time and was told she couldn't live there anymore because the house would be ceased(?sp). I took my mother in, despite the fact that I have always told her I can't have her live with me(she has always depended on someone else to support her). A month later, I gave birth to my beautiful son, Tyler. I was so concerned about his health because of the tremendous stress I was in durring the last month, but he was healthy. about a week later, my sisters boyfriend made bail and I took him in. About a week after that, my sis made bail and I took her in. Another week after that they were both picked up from my home(thank God I was grocery shopping or my 4 year old would have been devestated!) by the Feds. Yep, the case turned Federal, so there we went again, just as we were starting to settle in. My sister turned 21 right after being picked up by the Feds. I hated that she had to turn 21 in that place. She is being held at the Mansfield Law Enforcement center and will have her sentencing in January. She ended up cooperating with them by turning over anything she had on her boyfriend. She had learned some things about him that she wasn't aware of, durring her time in, that made her reallize that she couldn't protect him. After that she signed some agreement that states she won't get more than the minimum of 15 years.
My whole family fell apart over this. I was in charge of taking care of about a million phone calls, on top of trying to keep my mother in tact, trying to keep up with my family, and trying to adjust to a new baby. Needless to say, I was a wreck! We ended up having to kick my mother out because she lost her job and wouldn't look for a new one and my marriage was going down the toilet with mom around. We gave her enough money to stay at a hotel for 2 months, plus enough for groceries, insulin, etc...and she still kept asking for more. She ended up moving to colorado to stay with a friend of hers there. I know her stress level has gone way down now that she isn't right on top of my sisters belongings(I have them all here at my house). I suppose that benefits everyone except for my baby sis. Mom was the only one who had time to go visit her. I now have to struggle toting 2 kids(2 hour drive), whenever I can, when it won't affect preschool for my son.
I'm sorry for the novel. I haven't had anyone to talk to about this. I have a tendancy to be long winded on top of that hah. If I get out of control, just tell me to shush LOL.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Donation Award 

ButterflySis-Welcome to PTO and especially to the Siblings Forum! I am really sorry you have had such a hard time with everything. You sound like such a strong person and your sister and mother are both very lucky that you have done so much for them, as well as having to take care of 2 young children. Keep us posted on how your sister is doing please.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Thanks DLM! I'm so glad I found this place! It is such a relief to be among people who understand a lot of the same things that I am going through. My friends pretty much just keep their mouth shut and listen because they have never been in this boat.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 PM
lovemybrother

Hello All

I am new to this site as well. I am kind of confused as I try to navigate thru. My brother was just sentenced on 11/16 to 32 yrs and I am still devastated! He's already spent almost 2 yrs in County, but now he's been sent to Western Reception and Diagnostic in St. Joe Missouri. How do you guys get thru this?????
Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,529 Posts

How do we get thru it?
Good question. I have placed it in God hands. I have been there time again for my brother, But i can not carry his bagge with me. I love him, but he chose to break the law, and he is of good mind, altered by drugs BUT we all have to think before we do something. I am still there for him as far as writing and took care of his house. I just do not no how to handle yrs and yrs of this. If we have not been in that situation its hard to tell some one, How to get thru this. My heart aches for you all. Just love them uncoditonal and pray for them. Everyone has to come to turn with their stages of grief with there situation. It is like a death. We all need support, emotionael?? SP! To work our way thru this.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Donation Award 

lovemybrother-Welcome to PTO and to the Siblings Forum.
boflipflops has given such good advice. Come here often as it helps being able to talk to others in similar situations- we all need emotional support and just try and take it one day at a time. Ask if you need help with anything- we are all here for you.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

LoveMybrother , welcome to the siblings forum. for me, it just became routine. I found knowledge about the prison system was my greatest tool, even when what you find out isn't pleasant it is better then being in the dark. My brother has been in nearly 17 years so I guess I am an old hat at this. LOL It never fails to break your heart, but like Boflipflops said, it was their crime that got them there, and we do need to live our own lives while being as supportive as we can. You will find a lot of information on PTO and you will make friends.

CATHERINE
Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Im New Too... Still Learning As A Go...
Its Hard To Deal With All This Heartach When It Your First Time And Specially When He Is Just A Baby In Your Eyes....
We Well I Know Need All The Support I Can Get From Friends Or Strangers.

My Brother Is Only 21 And Got 3years With 85%
I Miss My Buddy
Old 12-04-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesherbro
Im New Too... Still Learning As A Go...
Its Hard To Deal With All This Heartach When It Your First Time And Specially When He Is Just A Baby In Your Eyes....
We Well I Know Need All The Support I Can Get From Friends Or Strangers.

My Brother Is Only 21 And Got 3years With 85%
I Miss My Buddy
i'm three years older than my brother. we're in our 30's. he's still my little brother.

and my best friend.

i will be very lost without him.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Sweet Jesus !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM
Welcome to the Siblings Forum MAGNA- so glad you found us. I am really sorry to hear about your sister and I can only hope, along with you and your family, that the appeal will be successful. Please keep us posted when you get more information and keep coming here for support.Stay strong and positive.
She was retried and acquitted ....thanks for your support !!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...002184_pf.html