Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:26 AM

Question Victorville Federal Prison visitation & dress code

Hi, I'm new to USP Victorville. I was hoping if any can help answer a few questions. How is visiting? Does it last all day? Dress code, strict? I hear that the vending machines were removed again, is this true? Can i send books? can you recommend any sites? I've been reading a lot but most is kind of old and not sure if much has changed. I hope so because it sounds kind of bad. Please feel free to add any tips or suggestions about this location. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,544 Times in 11,953 Posts

I hope you get recent information about visits at Victorville. From what I have read about that prison, it is lockdown central, so be sure to check that visitation is open before you travel there.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:59 PM

Thanks! I'll make sure to do that : ) Does any one have information in the vending machines?
Old 03-18-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint2bee View Post
Thanks! I'll make sure to do that : ) Does any one have information in the vending machines?
I was just there today. The vending machines are gone in the visiting room and I believe they are not putting them back. There are vending machines in the visitor waiting room, but that's about it. What is acceptable regarding the dress code depends on the guards who are processing you. No skin tight jeans/pants. Low cut shirts, no hooded sweaters or jackets and if wearing a jacket or sweater it must button or zip up. No white pants and refrain from khaki, camouflage print and soild grey sweaters/shirts. Also try not to touch anything, because they more than likely will do the ION drug detection test and if it is positive you cannot visit and I am not sure for how long. I hope this helped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squarebear82 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-19-2017), Hurley123 (06-22-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Does any1 kno why Victorville fedz is on lockdown?..haven't heard from my boo in a wk
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay039 View Post
Does any1 kno why Victorville fedz is on lockdown?..haven't heard from my boo in a wk
I spoke with my fiancee today at 5:30pm and have been receiving emails through out the day. He did not mention anything about them being on lock down. You can always call up there to check if they are on a lock down. I hope you hear from your man soon. Also different units can be on lock down and not the entire USP. A week ago that happened my mans unit was on lock down, but not the other units.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squarebear82 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-28-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Hi, I have one more question: does this prison provide a locker for car key or can I take in my key with me. I know that in MDC los Angeles lockers & locks were provided to visitors. Sorry, I worry about the smallest things and like to prepare before I go somewhere new.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mint2bee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-06-2017)