Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
LORI

Default Can anyone given me info on what it's like at Jones Farm?

Can anyone give me information on Jones Farm? Any info would be good since I dont know anything and my boyfirend was just transferred there.

What is it like there?
How are the visits?
What can the inmates do there?
Doesn anyone have a mailing address for mail?
What can the inmates order with money that I send him?

Thanks guys!
Lori
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Wishing you were here...
Donation Award 

Hey LORIS...I am not familiar with what Jone's Farm is like...but I wanted to say WELCOME TO PTO I am pretty sure that the inmates work both inside and outside there. I am pretty sure it's a MINIMUM security prison. I couldn't find too much info...but here's the link from the NJDOC page...you have to have Adobe to read it. It has the address and the directions to there. I hope that helps you!!!
http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/c...tions/craf.pdf
http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/c...ation/CRAF.pdf
And here is the link to the visiting hours and procedures...if you don't have Adobe, let me know and I'll copy and paste it for you!!! Also try looking in the NJ prison profiles...I think there might be some info there too!!!! Hugs
-Jackie

Last edited by jblovesdb; 09-26-2005 at 08:41 PM..
Old 09-26-2005, 09:01 PM
LORI

Default Jones Farm

Just wanted to say thanks...these forums are great, I have learned alot already and have been doing this on and off for years but never knew about this site till now.

Good luck and stay strong to everyone in my shoes!
Lori
Old 10-04-2005, 08:10 PM

Talking LORI ,BREATH I have all the answers to Jones Farm

First Hello, my name is sabrina, and I know everything you are feeling and going throw at this very moment. GOD KNOWS I have been in your shoes.And Im here to tell you everything is going to be OK!!!!!! My husband spent 8 months at Jones Farm. And its REALLY not that bad at all. I PROMISE! you both will get throw this OK the answer to your questions. First you asked about the visits make sure you have your DRIVERS LIC.... VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!! make sure you DONT !! DRESS SEXY!! cover up!!!!! or your not getting in to see him. The prisoners come in get patted down. you can give him a kiss and a hug, nice right, see your smileing already He will sit across from you and you can hold hands the whole time. The visits are a hour or more. when its over you can give him a kiss and a hug goodbye. Next you asked about what they are alound to do there. They all have to work they leave in the morroning at 7:00 am and get back to the farm at 2:00 in the afternoon. they can do what ever they want. untill 8:00pm.They can walk around the grounds. play foot ball, play basket ball, play base ball, lifted weights. At 8:00 pm they all have to go in. they can play cards , watch tv, read books, write letters, eat snacks, not to bad right!! NEXT the money you send him, is important for him. its how he will get his soap, shampoo, razors, snacks, the good food. his cigarettes, if he smokes? walkmen for music, his own TV. If you dont send him money he will have NOTHING!!!! ok this is how it works every two week he can spend only 100.00$ on food and ciggs, so thats 200.00$ hundred a month for that. his radio will be 20.00$, his tv will be 150.00$ the radio and tv you only pay for once. it is his to keep. get this they will even send it home with him. pretty funny right! so once you buy the tv and radio it would be 200.00 hundered a month.every month. That does not inclued extra clothes and shoes you would have to send him extra money for that. I wouldnt mention it but they do need them. the prison only gives them 3 outfits and thats it! I sent my husband 200.00$ every two weeks, now im NOT telling you to do that. I know everybodys money situation is different and thats ok. But the more you can send him the better.HERE is the address= JONES FARM, p.o. Box 7100, West Trenton, NJ 08628. YOU MUST PUT HIS SBI# next to his name on the envelope !!!!! you can find his SBI# on, NJDOC.COM put his name in then click serch doc at the top if he is in the system his picture will come up with ALL his infomation, the first thing listed is his SBI # print the pages out and keep them. If you cant find him it just means the sight hasnt been up dated yet thats all. Here are some phone numes for you if you have trouble.Jones Farm, 1-609-530-4082 ask for MISS. SWINT she is a WOUNDERFUL women shes a case worker at jones farm. she will help you.call her FIRST!!! Central Reception & Assignment Facility 1-609-984-6000. tell them you need his SBI # ok! well good luck LORI, best wishes to you and your guy. My husband said to tell your man to keep his head up. and they wont break him. HOPE I HELPED YOU. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK SINCERLY, Sabrina
Old 10-10-2005, 12:15 AM

hi
I just wanted to make a few corrections to the last post.I was released from Jones farm in july and i'm currrently on isp. Your info on visits is correct.As far as work,your husband was most likely housed in the annex which is mostly outside workers (highway detail,central office,records,close cut,etc.)any outside detail,work is from 7am-2pm.There are many other jobs with different work times,especially craf jobs and milk plant. Recreation is very limited and inmates have to return to their bunks for "count time" a few times a day.Rec is over at 8:30pm and all inmates must return to their housing units where they must stay till breakfast at 6:30am.Tv's cost 125.00 and radios 15.00.Most inmates use their salary to pay for food canteen,but it helps to receive money from the outside for a tv or clothing.Inmates are paid between $1.60-$5.25 per day,depending on their job, and receive salary on the 11th of each month.Rolled cigarettes cost $1.10 a pack,and all food items,cosmetics,etc. are real cheap.It's not true that he won't have anything if you dont send money.Inmates do receive more than 3 uniforms,they just have to fill out a clothing remit.(I had 10 sets).Miss.Swint is very friendly,and helpful,but from the inside,it takes awhile to get an appointment to see her.The only bad thing about jones farm is Lt.Dawes,just ask your husband about him. The rest of your info is correct.hope this helps.
joe
Old 10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
LORI

Default Thank you

Thank you for all the info on Jones Farm. I have been visiting twice a week for 3 weeks now and so far all is ok with my fiance. He has applied for ISP and we are praying for that to come through.
Also..You mentioned that you were released on ISP..May I ask how long you were in state prison before released on ISP? My fiance heard that you have to do a certain amount of state time before ISP can be approved even though he did 9 months in county and now is going on 1 month of state time, he was sentenced in August but wasnt sent to CRAF till the end of September.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:45 PM

I.S.P Requires a mininum of 90 days served, which starts on sentencing day.County time is included.If he has a 5 flat or less,the average time from application to court date(release)is btw 4-5 months.For a 6 flat or higher,they usually want you to serve 1 month per year of your sentence.I had a 7 flat,and was released after 8 months.Also, the prosecutor who tried his case is notified of his isp application.If he objects to it,he would need to have 6 months served,and be within 9 months of parole eligibility,for isp release.
joe
Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 AM

damn, Lt. Dawes is still there? I got out 1999 and he was prowling the farm.
He did get me a tv after i fixed up all the office computers!!!
Don't miss that place
nick
Old 03-07-2008, 10:31 PM

Thanks for all of your posts the info was very helpful my dbf just got to Jones Farm after two months in Essex County I'm so grateful he made it!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 AM

Smile Transportation Available

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Khema my boyfriend was just sent down to Jones Farm. I have my own transportation 2000 Intrepid. My license was recently suspended. I'm looking for a woman driver who lives in the Newark area who visits frequently. The papers on my car is good. All I'm asking for is someone to drive us there and back and half on gas......Anyone intersted please send me an provate email.

Or..................if someone know about public transportation to this place thats good as well. I contacted joint connection in Newark and there is no transportation to the facility..............So if anyone have any answers please feel free to update me.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Donation Award 

Khema, I wish I could help you but we are out of state currently. My man is in Jones Farm and has been for awhile now. Just wanted to say hello and wish you luck.

Lisa

Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM

Default looking for transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Khema View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so let me start off by introducing myself. My name is Khema my boyfriend was just sent down to Jones Farm. I have my own transportation 2000 Intrepid. My license was recently suspended. I'm looking for a woman driver who lives in the Newark area who visits frequently. The papers on my car is good. All I'm asking for is someone to drive us there and back and half on gas......Anyone intersted please send me an provate email.

Or..................if someone know about public transportation to this place thats good as well. I contacted joint connection in Newark and there is no transportation to the facility..............So if anyone have any answers please feel free to update me.

Thanks
i was just wondering if u are still looking for someone to ride with to jones farm. my man had just been transfered and i have no way of getting there . if you have any info on publlic transportation , that would be cool also. thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 AM

-hello all , i have a quick ? for you quys. . . so my brother was once in CRAF but then they transfered him to Jones Farm & we have no telephone #z or nethinq for Jones Farm & evrytyme i qooqle Jones Farm they qive me websites for CRAF , so i was wondering 'Are Jones Farm & CRAF connected or sumthnq.?'
Old 06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,641 Posts

jones farm is part of CRAF. you can call CRAF and ask them any questions you may have.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM

Loris... My boyfriend was released from Jones Farm in January on parole. Jones Farm is a nice place. Much better then a prison! When I was there you weren't allowed to hold hands anymore. If you have anymore question let me know.

Snesci...You got released July 09?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
jones farm is part of CRAF. you can call CRAF and ask them any questions you may have.

-thankxz for dha infoe ! qreatly appreciated. . .
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 PM

Default Wasn't released on his date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
so my brother had a release date of june 17, he was supposed to come home and live with my mother and myself n that date, But something went wrong, the parole people found out that my mother had a restraining order on him about 9 years ago, which she late dropped. So now they are saying that he has to give them another address or wait for them to place him in a half-way house. But the problem is that we don't know how long this will take to move him. Has anyone else ever been though this sort of problem before? HELP!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,641 Posts

the first time mine was on parole he used a HWH for his parole plan. his date was like may 22nd or sometimes around that and he was placed in a hwh on june 5th. it really just depends how crowded they are and when a bed opens up.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 AM

Default help

i cannot find address to jones farm can you help me?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 AM

I believe it's the same as CRAF.

Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Jones farm is po box 7100 west Trenton 08628.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Is anyone else having issues with mail from there? I'm in Oregon and I usually get a letter a week from my man but his aunt in nj still hasn't got one either.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM

my boyfriend told me they have been holding both incoming and outgoing mail for three days at a time. He's on Jones Farm as of this past Saturday. He used to ring the phone a couple times a day, but he hasn't since I talked to him on Saturday....Not sure what's going on...
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM

I'm trying to get to Jones Farm to visit my hubby. Does anybody knows how to get there by NJ Transit? I have the address, but it's a P.O box. I'm sure which bus to take to get there. Can anybody help me please?
Old 11-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Default Jones farm

Can anyone give me info on jones farm from CRAF