Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:13 PM

Angry Frustrated with ADOC

I'm over this stuff.. My poor man is over me complaining about this whole situation.

We are in the process of getting visits back and I told him before what the policy says an inmate has to complete before being eligible to request visits. He insisted to try now because the CO told him wait 3 months. Guess babe doesn't believe what I read from the policy. He wrote a few letters with no response but then I wrote a letter to the ADW and he finally got a response saying he has not met requirements yet. Which is completing a program. 3 weeks ago he got a letter saying he is now in a program but this whole time has not been called to go to it. When asking the CO why they aren't calling people for class he tells him there is no program...

So how on earth does this make any sense?!

Programs are required but yet no one is giving the program that people are apparently signed up for... So we just have to put up with not having visits because DOC or whoever is not making the program available for them..

Such BS
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (10-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2019, 10:06 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,045 Times in 16,607 Posts

Perhaps the inmates who have signed up for the phantom class can all file grievances. Is everyone who signed up trying to get visits back? If so, the loved ones out here may need to raise a collective stink as well

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Ricoluv29 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Perhaps the inmates who have signed up for the phantom class can all file grievances. Is everyone who signed up trying to get visits back? If so, the loved ones out here may need to raise a collective stink as well
That's what I would assume.
I told my guy to just keep writing whoever he can but he sounds likes he has no hope. He says his CO3 is the one who gives the class but he cant ever get ahold of that person either.
The letter of him being in the program was just given to him, he didn't know they could do programs on a max yard. I would assume those 'in' the program are trying to get visits back as well though. He said a few are and a few have already gotten theirs back.

I felt like writing another letter to the ADW but had a feeling it would bring something negative my mans way.. Or should I?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:33 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,045 Times in 16,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
I felt like writing another letter to the ADW but had a feeling it would bring something negative my mans way.. Or should I?
That's a really tough question to answer...sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, sometimes all one gets for their efforts is retaliation. I wish there was some way to send a letter with the signatures of all the folks out here trying to get visits back - safety in numbers.

Ask your fella if he wants you to contact ADW again. He's familiar with the CO's, other inmates, and the general "feel" of the facility.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Ricoluv29 (10-02-2019), Visitor611 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 01:10 PM

From experience with my son having to do the same to get his visits returned, there is really not a class. I know you’re going to say, WHAT! He is officially signed up for it, they will give him credit for “attending” even though he actually doesn’t because there’s no one there to actually teach the class. It’s just their way of saying they have programming to help our loved ones, when they actually don’t. I wouldn’t contact anyone regarding the class, they will just give some BS excuse as to why they aren’t providing them. As long as he has the paper saying he’s in the class, he is! I know it makes no sense to you, I was confused too, but my son received credit without attending any “classes,” he is now released and they are suppose to have a re-entry class prior to release, he attended one, that’s it and was given credit for that also. It’s just another injustice that the DOC gets away with, but for your loved ones sake and yours, just let it go!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-02-2019), Ricoluv29 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 01:16 PM

My son just came back to his cell one day and there was a certificate laying there that said he had completed the class. That’s all he needs, just keep quiet about the rest, it would do no good to be the “ Squeaky Wheel” in this case. Just go with it as my son would say!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4life View Post
From experience with my son having to do the same to get his visits returned, there is really not a class. I know you’re going to say, WHAT! He is officially signed up for it, they will give him credit for “attending” even though he actually doesn’t because there’s no one there to actually teach the class. It’s just their way of saying they have programming to help our loved ones, when they actually don’t. I wouldn’t contact anyone regarding the class, they will just give some BS excuse as to why they aren’t providing them. As long as he has the paper saying he’s in the class, he is! I know it makes no sense to you, I was confused too, but my son received credit without attending any “classes,” he is now released and they are suppose to have a re-entry class prior to release, he attended one, that’s it and was given credit for that also. It’s just another injustice that the DOC gets away with, but for your loved ones sake and yours, just let it go!
Well thank you. Hopefully it does work out that way..
Was he on a max yard as well? And how long did he wait til they gave the visits back? Policy reads 180 days but apparently policy doesn't always mean anything.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:13 PM

Yes, it was 180 days, or 6 months. And as soon as that was up he put in for it and was approved. Look at the date he lost the visits and count from there. He also has to remain ticket free to get them back, so no disciplinary within that 6 month time frame! Sending positive vibes out there to everyone who may be going through this, it’s very difficult to lose all communication and visits!! Seems very counterproductive to strip away their visits and phone call and then expect to have cooperative inmates! The entire system is so backward in their thought process, hopefully with a new director some of these policies will be revised, we can only hope!🙏
My son also went to AA classes during that 6 month timeframe because some of the others he was in with told him to take as many classes as he could sign up for and attend those meetings and have them sign his sheet every time he attended. I think he might have to ask for the paper that he had signed from his CO3, but he can put a request into the bubble for one too. Wishing you the best!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
Ricoluv29 (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 03:42 PM

I assumed so. He insisted 3 months though as that is what his CO told him..
Its just getting harder for him waiting since our daughter is starting to say more words and almost having a "conversation" with him now. 6 months from the date we lost visits will mark a year since we have seen him. It's crazy how much a baby grows in that time.

I have faith it will happen.
By November we get non contact back but I wont be able to go to that much.

I believe AA was the one they said he has to complete to meet the requirements.
He asked about it though and was told there's no class. Is it possible they are full at the moment?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 PM

He should spend some time in the law library. My boyfriend had to sue the state (he filed all the paperwork himself from the inside). He won and was able to go be transferred to a prison that offered a program.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
He should spend some time in the law library. My boyfriend had to sue the state (he filed all the paperwork himself from the inside). He won and was able to go be transferred to a prison that offered a program.
Idk if they go to the library on his yard? I don't know much about prison. Hes only allowed out of his cell for 2 hours of the day though.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4life View Post
From experience with my son having to do the same to get his visits returned, there is really not a class. I know you’re going to say, WHAT! He is officially signed up for it, they will give him credit for “attending” even though he actually doesn’t because there’s no one there to actually teach the class. It’s just their way of saying they have programming to help our loved ones, when they actually don’t.
I just wanted to come back here and put out that my mans CO confirmed that although he hasn't physically been to class, he is still getting credit for it. For any other people that might come across this nonsense issue.

I'm relieved to know that he is on the path to getting visits back but I cant believe there is no actual programming for his unit.