Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2019, 02:09 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default Conjugal visits

Plenty of countries including some in middle and south America as well as a dwindling number of U.S. states permit conjugal visits. Given the opportunity, would you take advantage of them if you could? If not, why?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Visitor611 Visitor611 is offline
Until the end
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 146
Thanks: 126
Thanked 233 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Plenty of countries including some in middle and south America as well as a dwindling number of U.S. states permit conjugal visits. Given the opportunity, would you take advantage of them if you could? If not, why?
It would take me about 3 seconds to take advantage. Irritating the state to the north and the state to the south both have them. The worst is going to bed alone every night. I would do many bad things to have one night with my wife.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-08-2019)
  #3  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:04 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 11,512
Thanks: 15,648
Thanked 23,128 Times in 8,171 Posts
Default

We have them in our state and they are hands-down a valued privilege. One, thanks to a hair-splitting regulation, we could not participate in. But had we been permitted, yes, I would have been there. It's expensive-- essentially you're on a no-host stay. Haul all your items in including food and drinking water, haul them out 47 hours later. I would have done it, though, because our time together is so limited. It would have been nice to have that window of semi-normalcy that most couples have. Watching a movie together, preparing what passes for a meal. We all acknowledge how much the little things mean to us and this one would have held so many. But, it wasn't in the cards for us. Our first Family Visit will be his release day.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-08-2019)
  #4  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:22 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
We have them in our state and they are hands-down a valued privilege. One, thanks to a hair-splitting regulation, we could not participate in. But had we been permitted, yes, I would have been there. It's expensive-- essentially you're on a no-host stay. Haul all your items in including food and drinking water, haul them out 47 hours later. I would have done it, though, because our time together is so limited. It would have been nice to have that window of semi-normalcy that most couples have. Watching a movie together, preparing what passes for a meal. We all acknowledge how much the little things mean to us and this one would have held so many. But, it wasn't in the cards for us. Our first Family Visit will be his release day.

Sorry you aren't able to have them because of some sort of administrivia.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:32 PM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is offline
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 11,512
Thanks: 15,648
Thanked 23,128 Times in 8,171 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
Sorry you aren't able to have them because of some sort of administrivia.
I was, too, for several years. Bitter, actually, when they threw the gates open to virtually all but us. But really...I'm happy that they're available and I'm happy for my friends/wives who get that time with their partner as I hope that they are happy for us when we have a celebratory moment. This is already a tough road, no need to make it harder by being envious. I do hope one day they allow for case reviews to make it less arbitrary, but for now, that's where they stand.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-08-2019)
  #6  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 371
Thanks: 182
Thanked 241 Times in 163 Posts
Default

Although I would love them, I think its better not to have them.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-09-2019)
  #7  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:50 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I was, too, for several years. Bitter, actually, when they threw the gates open to virtually all but us. But really...I'm happy that they're available and I'm happy for my friends/wives who get that time with their partner as I hope that they are happy for us when we have a celebratory moment. This is already a tough road, no need to make it harder by being envious. I do hope one day they allow for case reviews to make it less arbitrary, but for now, that's where they stand.

A lot of rules and the applications of them are arbitrary. You're right about not letting what happens inside eat your brain.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-08-2019)
  #8  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Ms Sunny Ms Sunny is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Northern NY
Posts: 969
Thanks: 1,915
Thanked 993 Times in 431 Posts
Default

I think they are wonderful for children to have some human time with an incarcerated parent. Good for the mental health for all involved.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
kevscousin (11-09-2019), miamac (11-08-2019), Taliba00 (11-08-2019), WaitingWilkes (11-08-2019)
  #9  
Old 11-08-2019, 04:13 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
I think they are wonderful for children to have some human time with an incarcerated parent. Good for the mental health for all involved.

The only bad aspect is they're so rarely available.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-08-2019)
  #10  
Old 11-08-2019, 06:56 PM
studebaker71 studebaker71 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: california
Posts: 250
Thanks: 102
Thanked 280 Times in 145 Posts
Default

I'd pay 5000$ to get a night with my girl right now.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
Taliba00 (11-09-2019), WaitingWilkes (11-09-2019)
  #11  
Old 11-09-2019, 12:07 PM
trauma4us trauma4us is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 827
Thanks: 866
Thanked 1,079 Times in 483 Posts
Default

For me, my LO is my son. My grandson would give anything to spend more time with his Dad. As adults we can deal with the loss of companionship and love, etc., but for the children, they are often the very innocent victims.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-10-2019), Taliba00 (11-09-2019), WaitingWilkes (11-09-2019)
  #12  
Old 11-09-2019, 01:20 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
For me, my LO is my son. My grandson would give anything to spend more time with his Dad. As adults we can deal with the loss of companionship and love, etc., but for the children, they are often the very innocent victims.

Families suffer without being guilty of anything.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (11-09-2019)
  #13  
Old 11-09-2019, 01:21 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
I'd pay 5000$ to get a night with my girl right now.

Show me where to pay my $5000!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (11-11-2019)
  #14  
Old 11-09-2019, 01:23 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
Although I would love them, I think its better not to have them.

Why do you feel that way?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-09-2019, 03:26 PM
kellydavid410's Avatar
kellydavid410 kellydavid410 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Greece
Posts: 687
Thanks: 396
Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts
Default

I wish we had conjugal visits. It would make things a lot easier knowing we can spend that kind of time together doing couple stuff
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-10-2019), Taliba00 (11-10-2019), WaitingWilkes (11-09-2019)
  #16  
Old 11-09-2019, 04:42 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydavid410 View Post
I wish we had conjugal visits. It would make things a lot easier knowing we can spend that kind of time together doing couple stuff

Being able to have private conversations that last as long as we want to talk would be high on our list of "couple stuff." So would enjoying the sensation of lying in each other's arms without saying a word.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (11-11-2019), miamac (11-10-2019), Taliba00 (11-10-2019), Visitor611 (11-10-2019)
  #17  
Old 11-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Kimimi Kimimi is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: OR USA
Posts: 573
Thanks: 459
Thanked 833 Times in 375 Posts
Default

This always makes me laugh. My boyfriend said that at one point it was brought to a vote to the inmates Oregon inmates could have conjugal visits or television. They voted for television. He swears it’s true!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-11-2019)
  #18  
Old 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
This always makes me laugh. My boyfriend said that at one point it was brought to a vote to the inmates Oregon inmates could have conjugal visits or television. They voted for television. He swears itís true!

WOW! They must get much better shows than I do!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-11-2019), Visitor611 (11-13-2019)
  #19  
Old 11-11-2019, 05:07 PM
studebaker71 studebaker71 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: california
Posts: 250
Thanks: 102
Thanked 280 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
This always makes me laugh. My boyfriend said that at one point it was brought to a vote to the inmates Oregon inmates could have conjugal visits or television. They voted for television. He swears itís true!
Maybe a bunch of these guys not married! The rules for that are so strict TV is all the time too! Nice to make them "choose" hahahaha
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-13-2019)
  #20  
Old 11-11-2019, 05:27 PM
valliz valliz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Going to get my first family visit in February. So nervous!
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to valliz For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-11-2019), miamac (11-11-2019), WaitingWilkes (11-12-2019)
  #21  
Old 11-11-2019, 05:59 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29,675
Thanks: 47,328
Thanked 22,852 Times in 13,144 Posts
Default

There is a MSNBC Channel episode of the Lockdown series, "San Quentin Extended Stay: The Conjugal Visit" that showed the procedure from the gate to the apartment.
https://www.msnbc.com/lockup/watch/l...t-251286083963
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
miamac (11-11-2019)
  #22  
Old 11-12-2019, 04:39 PM
WaitingWilkes WaitingWilkes is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,003 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
Going to get my first family visit in February. So nervous!

I'm envious! I hope all goes well. Please drop a line about it afterward.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Visitor611 Visitor611 is offline
Until the end
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 146
Thanks: 126
Thanked 233 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliz View Post
Going to get my first family visit in February. So nervous!
What I wouldn't do to cuddle my wife free from the eyes of a CO.

Here is the list:

(Nothing)

Last edited by Visitor611; 11-12-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Visitor611 For This Useful Post:
WaitingWilkes (11-13-2019)
  #24  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:14 PM
valliz valliz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I'll let you guys know how it goes
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valliz For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-13-2019)
  #25  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 PM
valliz valliz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2019
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
What I wouldn't do to cuddle my wife free from the eyes of a CO.

Here is the list:

(Nothing)
do they not offer it where u are
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about visitation (conjugal visits & children visits) aroberts Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 4 10-24-2011 10:47 AM
Petition to bring back conjugal visits/extended family visits _Paige Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 9 12-07-2010 10:46 PM
Conjugal visits/Family visits in California asia619 California Prison Visitation - General Q&A 52 11-05-2008 12:24 PM
Info: Conjugal Visits/Extended Family Visits MissingMyDaniel Prison Petitions 0 02-25-2008 01:21 PM
Do Pennsylvania Prisons allow conjugal visits or family visits? jrksam Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 4 07-03-2003 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics