Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:30 AM

What about Miami Correctional Fclty?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Default Need info on getting married at pendleton

Anyone have any idea how to get married at Pendleton? Here were i live in Kokomo both of us have to be at the courthouse to apply for the marriage liciense.I seem to be getting nowhere and i need alittle help.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Does anyone know if you can get married in an Indiana County Jail & what you haft to do? He is my boyfriend of 4 years, and we have a 9 month old baby together, and they will not let me see him because i'm not immediate family.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 PM

my fiance is in the madison county jail right now, don't know where they are going to send him, but he and I both want to get married. it doesn't look like he's going to get out for at least 2 1/2 years if we are lucky, if we aren't then its going to be 4 1/2 to 5 years. We want to get married before he gets out, but we don't know the process or where he's going... so frustrating... he is currently married and trying to divorce her because he hasn't seen her in 5 years. But he wants to marry me when he gets it all finished. Please Help!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM

How much was the liences?, and dos he have to be presant?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM

Default ty for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanprincess29 View Post
Last, they allowed rings (they never once gave me a price limit and I did splurge). No cameras, no flowers--Eight guests were allowed...

thanks for the info me and my man ar getting married this year in putnamville and i needed this info thanks so much.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM

Any one have any information on how to marry in theIndianapolis Re-Entry Educational Facility?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Loving My Convict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Twitty
Any one have any information on how to marry in the Indianapolis Re-Entry Educational Facility?
i would call the facility, my hubby.was in miami county they gave us a spending limit on our rings, his could only be up to 14k gold no jewels, we had to tell how maby cameras and also had to have a limit of people attending much luck!!

~A Convicts Woman Is The Rarest Of Jewels~
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Loving My Convict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisxgirl
First I want to say CONGRADULATIONS. Second I want to ask if you have any information on Miami Correctional Facility in Bunker Hill Indiana does it?
my hubby was at miami they gave us a 30 $ spending limit on his ring had to only be 10k no jewels, there was a limit in people who could attend and we had to tell them how many cameras we wanted to bring i think youre allowed up to 2 we got married in '03

~A Convicts Woman Is The Rarest Of Jewels~
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Default Pendleton, IN.

Has anyone ever been married in the Pendleton Correctional Facility? Can I have some details of how it all went down? Also, I had no trouble getting the grant to marry him, but I cant for the life of me get a marriage license. How did you get it? And what happens after the wedding? Please and thank you!!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:56 PM

Can I get any info on what to do or were to start with tryn to get married at westville
Old 09-22-2015, 10:26 AM

I need any information or advice that anyone has. My fiancee is at Plainfield and we want to get married. They have denied me visitation and have gate locked me because I worked at an Indiana prison (not the one he is currently at) 5 years ago. He was incarcerated at the same prison at the same time I was employed there. We didn't start our relationship until after he was released which was 2 years after I had left my job for personal family reasons. I moved across the hall from his sister and we became friends before he was released. I have explained all of this to the prison. I have written two letters asking for the same rights as any other woman wanting to visit her mate and after the last letter, they gate locked me. We want to get married but with the obstacles the prison officials have made for us I'm not sure how to go about all this. If anyone has any advice or information, please share it with me. I am so frustrated.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,057 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainesBaby13 View Post
I need any information or advice that anyone has. My fiancee is at Plainfield and we want to get married. They have denied me visitation and have gate locked me because I worked at an Indiana prison (not the one he is currently at) 5 years ago. He was incarcerated at the same prison at the same time I was employed there. We didn't start our relationship until after he was released which was 2 years after I had left my job for personal family reasons. I moved across the hall from his sister and we became friends before he was released. I have explained all of this to the prison. I have written two letters asking for the same rights as any other woman wanting to visit her mate and after the last letter, they gate locked me. We want to get married but with the obstacles the prison officials have made for us I'm not sure how to go about all this. If anyone has any advice or information, please share it with me. I am so frustrated.
There's no way around it. They've denied visits so there is no way they are going to allow you to marry. Sorry.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
There's no way around it. They've denied visits so there is no way they are going to allow you to marry. Sorry.
Thank you sass4221. I was hoping there was a way around it.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:50 PM

I was wondering about Plainfield correction
Old 06-06-2019, 09:12 AM

Exclamation Help! Any information regarding marriages

I just got off the phone with my fiancee and she was just told by the chaplin that Madison Correctional Facility doesnt allow Marraiges there? Anyone ever heard of a prison not allowing marriages?