Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Correctional Center (CCC) - Susanville Topics and Information relating to the California Correctional Center located in Susanville, California.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:00 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,020 Posts
Question First Contact Visit Question - Ccc

HI. I will be going to my first contact visit tomorrow!! The question I have is not in any sticky or any post that I have seen and I am hoping someone can help me with this...... Does anyone know if we can bring "feminine hygeine" (sp?) aka pads and/or tampons to visiting!? Not that I want everyone there to know that aunt flo has shown up but I am going to be there for six hours and need to know if I can bring something with me. I was not able to call visiting to find out. Please, if anyone knows if I can bring anything, please let me know. Thanks in advance..

Kristin

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,028 Times in 7,143 Posts

Unfortunately, you can't... my own solution to that problem is to do the old "Suspenders and a Belt" act and start the visit with (forgive me being so detailed) a fresh tampon and a fresh pad... the alternative involves asking a CO for supplies- I've never been keen on having that discussion with total strangers

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:36 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

LOL.. thanks LeBeau. I just cannot believe they would not allow us to bring in at least ONE item. I am very tempted to put something down my pants!! LOL.. thanks for the info. that really sucks though!! I mean, come on. what do they expect us to do?!? We are WOMEN visiting a MENS prison. Are we supposed to plan our visits around "that time"?? Sorry, just a little frustrated. (and of course, it is "that time" LOL )

I actually got ahold of someone (a male) at the prison and I swear he was more embarresed than me in regards to the question But he said "I can't see them denying you" so what does that mean?!? I think i am going to try and bring something and also make sure, like you said, to make sure I am all "good" before I go in. LOL

Thanks again..

Old 04-14-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife4-ever View Post
LOL.. thanks LeBeau. I just cannot believe they would not allow us to bring in at least ONE item. I am very tempted to put something down my pants!! LOL.. thanks for the info. that really sucks though!! I mean, come on. what do they expect us to do?!? We are WOMEN visiting a MENS prison. Are we supposed to plan our visits around "that time"?? Sorry, just a little frustrated. (and of course, it is "that time" LOL )

I actually got ahold of someone (a male) at the prison and I swear he was more embarresed than me in regards to the question But he said "I can't see them denying you" so what does that mean?!? I think i am going to try and bring something and also make sure, like you said, to make sure I am all "good" before I go in. LOL

Thanks again..
Oh yeah. I forgot about that, what end up happening. Did they let you bring something in or not. Or did you just sneak something.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Pat's wife, I was wondering the same exact thing! What happened? Did they let you bring something in? I noticed at my hubby's prison they have machines in the restrooms but they don't look like they will work...the sign by the machine says to ask a staff member for supplies....lol...yeah....sure....go up to the CO man and ask him for a tampon! Jeez...I feel like i'm in high school getting all embarrased.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Donation Award 

I too am waiting for the update!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

They have a machine in the women's restroom!! I actually got pretty lucky and did not need to actually use the machine nor did I try to bring anything in. Sorry ladies if this is not much help. The machine did not say to ask anyone for the supplies, but again, not sure if the machine worked or not. Hope this helps!!

The Following User Says Thank You to patswife4-ever For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (04-15-2008)
Old 04-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,431 Times in 686 Posts

The last time I needed one of those "things" I had to ask the CO at the front desk in the visiting room. (luckily there was a female CO) They gave me a long box, you really couldn't hide it!! LOL!! I don't think there is anything is the machines in the restroom.
his#1 bball fan (04-15-2008)
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Behind us now!

Wink

I'ts funny how women get embarrased to ask men for a tampon, why I don't know cus it's just part of life. I't's no secret women have that issue! And in reality it's the MEN who are far more embarrased then we will ever be. They freak out about just going to the store to buy them. How do you think the guy CO feels about having to carry one out to hand it to you?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Luckly,I've never been in the situation of having to ask them to assist me.I won't go visit when it's that time of the month.But if it happens surprisingly unexpectedly,I wouldn't want to use their supplies.They should put some new,working,up to date machines in the restrooms.Every woman is different and needs a specific type and size.I don't know about CCC,but at HD they supply you with either a pad or tampon and they're both like regular size.I know this because,this lady I know from up there had asked me once to come with her to the restroom because she was too embarrassed to ask the C.O.She asks him for a tampon and when he hands it too her,she looks at it,looks back at him and says," What is this,a wrapped up Q-TIP,cause that's what it's going to seem like all up in my ISH!What I'm supposed to do,clean my ear with it?" OMG...what happened to her being embarrassed? I don't know,but she suddenly got bold and I don't know why,but I was the one who got embarrassed .But me and the C.O fell out laughing and she was just standing there looking at him all serious.Then she asked him if she can have a pad also for back up and when he handed her a pad,she looked at him crazy,stupid,serious and said,"Maaan...what the hell,I ask you for a tampon and you give me a Q-TIP,I ask for a pad and you give me a BAND AID,what kind of ISH is this?" I couldn't believe my ears,me and the C.O were laughing so hard that the people in C and D's visiting rooms were looking at us through the windows and she was seriuos too...But anyway,yeah they need to put new machines or something,cause "ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL" ...

This thread should have had a warning at the top for "JLS" ,if he's came across it or does,he's probabley going to be like,"OH GOSH."
Old 04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Donation Award 

I'm to old to get embarrassed. I didn't want to embarrass the young male CO's who were working. (I think I'm old enough to be their mother) When I had to ask the CO (female) for a pad, the male CO's looked relieved that I had not asked them!!! And when my husband asked me what did I get from the CO, he turned a little red!!! It was pretty funny!!! I told my husband the next time I have to get a pad from the CO's, I will hold it up and wave it around!! He didn't think that was to funny!!! HEHE!! I did!!
Like you said, Forever..... It's just part of life!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverhis31907 View Post
I'ts funny how women get embarrased to ask men for a tampon, why I don't know cus it's just part of life. I't's no secret women have that issue! And in reality it's the MEN who are far more embarrased then we will ever be. They freak out about just going to the store to buy them. How do you think the guy CO feels about having to carry one out to hand it to you?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

LOL.. you ladies are funny. I know we should not be embarrased, but for some reason, I felt like I was a teenager again when I talked to the CO (male) . But again, I think he was more embarrased than me. I just can't believe they won't let us take it in. I mean, come on, what are we going to do with them?!?

Tazz'sGirl, that one made me laugh!! And edsbaby, i think we should ALL do that!! LOL. Everyone will stay out of our way, especially when we are heading to the vending machine with all the chocolate in it!!

Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?!?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Donation Award 

So Very True!!! Hopefully they get the vending machine that holds the ice cream fixed REAL SOON!!! Sometimes a candy bar just doesn't get it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife4-ever View Post

Tazz'sGirl, that one made me laugh!! And edsbaby, i think we should ALL do that!! LOL. Everyone will stay out of our way, especially when we are heading to the vending machine with all the chocolate in it!!

Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?!?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

They have ICE CREAM?!? I had no idea!! . Well that just changes everything!! LOL.. I will have to check it out next weekend when I go to visit (Hopefully)...

Kristin

Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Mom of Inmate
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsbaby View Post
So Very True!!! Hopefully they get the vending machine that holds the ice cream fixed REAL SOON!!! Sometimes a candy bar just doesn't get it!!!
Hi Edsbaby,
When did the vending machine with the ice cream break, darn, I was there the first weekend of April and it was working then, couldnt resist the Twix ice-cream bar yum yum.... Anyway I hope its fixed by the 26th of this month as I am planning my next weekend visit and hubby loves the ice-creams...

My heart bleeds while he's away!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts
Default Lmao!!!

Ladies...

thanks for the laughs, i needed it. i was just reading all the posts on this thread. i LOVE how it went from tampons to ice cream.... only women do that !!

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Donation Award 

The vending guy said when he came in the week before last, he said inside the machine was hot everything was melted!!! The state owns the machines, so we will see how soon it gets fixed!! So I take it your going to be up visiting on Saturday?? I will be up for a visit this weekend. My anniversary is on Monday so we are celebrating this weekend. Hopefully there will be ice cream, my husband needs his ice cream!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caresgirl View Post
Hi Edsbaby,
When did the vending machine with the ice cream break, darn, I was there the first weekend of April and it was working then, couldnt resist the Twix ice-cream bar yum yum.... Anyway I hope its fixed by the 26th of this month as I am planning my next weekend visit and hubby loves the ice-creams...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Donation Award 

BTW.... YOU ALL JINXED ME!!!! LOL!!! I will be the one waving around the big institution pad!!! LOL!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 AM
Behind us now!

Talking

Quote:
BTW.... YOU ALL JINXED ME!!!! LOL!!! I will be the one waving around the big institution pad!!! LOL!!!!
OMG JUst when I thought the posts couldn't make me laugh more....then I see your post LOL!!!!! I don't mean to laugh really...but crap it's funny!!!!

Every women should look back at this tread anytime times are hard and lonely and you need a good laugh to keep yourself strong.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
LOL...let me rephrase that for you ed's,"She'll be the one waving around the big institution pad eating ice cream.".......
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

;.

Last edited by Tazz'Girl; 04-18-2008 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Donation Award 

LOL!!! So true!! I sure hope they've fixed that machine!!! They need to get the Snicker's ice cream bar!! Those are sooooo good!!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Mom of Inmate
Donation Award 

Quote:
The vending guy said when he came in the week before last, he said inside the machine was hot everything was melted!!! The state owns the machines, so we will see how soon it gets fixed!! So I take it your going to be up visiting on Saturday?? I will be up for a visit this weekend. My anniversary is on Monday so we are celebrating this weekend. Hopefully there will be ice cream, my husband needs his ice cream!!!
Its funny how the vending guys are always there restalking the machines after the count I noticed during visiting. One time hubby said well come back and get that later refering to one of the combo sandwiches with salame in it and I said oh no it might not be here if we come back later LOL, gotta get it while its there, I will be up visiting on the 26th & 27th... Congratulations on your anniversary that is so cool.... Well I hope the vending machine is fixed and you guys get your ice creams but knowing how fast the state moves I wouldnt hold your breath....Its weird cause when we first walked by the vending machine with ice-cream it was hard to tell that was really a ice cream vending machine... Enjoy your visit!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea I will miss seeing you wave around the big institution pad this weekend LOLOLOLOL. too funny!

My heart bleeds while he's away!

Last edited by Caresgirl; 04-18-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you Caresgirl. I be totally shocked if the ice cream machine is fix by this weekend. It took them almost 2 weeks to fix the girl's bathroom door, we had to use the men's bathroom, Yuck!! LOL!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Donation Award 

Default Thanks to all!

I just want to keep this one at the top of the list. I re-read it a couple of times last week while I was stressing over lock down and I was rolling by the end! Thanks All!