Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > The Parents Forum Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
Does he have money on his account to be able to call? I don't know about other states, but in AZ I had to either send him money for him to purchase a phone card from the commissary or set up an account and keep it funded for him to call me collect.

Yes he does. Iím just waiting and praying, but thank you for reaching out
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
The unknown can drive you crazy. I didn't get an email from my son & I imagined all kinds of things. The system had been down but was repaired. When he called that weekend I asked him about the email. He said he had gotten mine but just didn't have anything to say. I think it was because he was feeling negative & didn't want to spend an email complaining. I let him know that I just wanted to know he was ok. I'm sure you just want to know the same for your son. They don't realize how we worry.

It's very possible that he is out of funds or there might have been phone issues. I agree that writing at least lets him know you're thinking of him & get concerned when you don't hear from him. Try to stay strong & do whatever it takes to keep you moving forward. We are here to help when it gets to be too much.

You know many thoughts have ran through, but Iím learning to accept this present moment he and I are in. Iím going to write another letter today and send another book. Your right I just want to hear his voice, and have him say to me mom Iím good, or at least as good as I can be. It doesnít help to hear that they have been on lock down twice because of stabbings. Itís all a fucked up system and itís scary. Heís only 19 and Iím sure we will need much therapy when he gets out. The system isnít mean to help it further perpetuates anger in my opinion. There are those that return to the community okay, and those that donít. I pray for the latter for both of our sons! Thank you for reaching out
Old 10-29-2017, 11:44 PM

Default mother

they might be moving him, some where else, an no it don't get eachier you will worry no matter what. they just move my son an when he got there they went in to lock down. an there not aloud to call so you can send him a letter, he can send it back but at least it something, just not knowing is alful,
Old 10-30-2017, 01:40 AM

Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of you, and I hope today is a better day for you.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprits View Post
Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of you, and I hope today is a better day for you.

Thank you, very kind of you. Still no word but Iím trudging along
Old 10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,562 Times in 13,149 Posts

Hang in there mom.
Letter writing is good. While not giving you or him the instant relief of hearing his voice, nonetheless its at least something.
I hope you hear something from him soon.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-30-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Hang in there mom.
Letter writing is good. While not giving you or him the instant relief of hearing his voice, nonetheless its at least something.
I hope you hear something from him soon.

Me too and thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to NeedStrength77 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-31-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedStrength77 View Post
Good Morning,
The struggle is real. Itís been two weeks with no call, letter nothing. Iím staying busy with work but Iím frustrated. Iíve called the jail and from the looks of it they say heís okay. Itís just unusual to not hear from him at all.

Sighing
Thought I read over your post since you and I been chatting..I feel the same way when I don't hear from my son glad to know I'm not the only one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Janeowe4 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 05:21 PM

I know what your going throw, my heart hurts for you where is your son at you said you call an they said he was ok who said that, make sure you write down who you talk to, they might not had talk to him. they don't have to, call an ask to talk to the Chaplin tell him your worries an see if he can find out something. hope all works out
Old 11-26-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worried in Ky View Post
I know what your going throw, my heart hurts for you where is your son at you said you call an they said he was ok who said that, make sure you write down who you talk to, they might not had talk to him. they don't have to, call an ask to talk to the Chaplin tell him your worries an see if he can find out something. hope all works out

Thank you