Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Default Has anybody's MWI come home and then changed?

Help me out ladies! My MWI had a parole hearing and is waiting on a decision about a delayed parole. If granted he'll be home in May. I am hopeful and praying that he'll get it, but at the same time I don't know how I feel. I mean I feel like once he gets home I may see that he is not the same person I have been talking to.

You know how the letters go...sugar, spice and everything nice! He loves and only wants to be with you! Says all the right things and on paper, we have the perfect relationship. I honestly don't think he'll change, but at the same time I fear he will. I care much more for him than I want him to know!!!

Maybe I am just being paronoid. My niece's friend will be home next week and she is in a panic that he is going to lose interest in her. It must be contagious because she sure passed it on to me. My advice to her was that if he is interested in her now, why would he lose interest. Stop listening to her girlfriends because they keep telling her that many women are going to go after him and it will be hard for him to resist temptation. She is so worried that she made me start wondering...what if, suppose? Yet, I suffer in silence. Now I am 30 years older than she so I see how she might feel that way. But, me, I am suppose to the older, much wiser woman!

Last edited by NowIKnow; 12-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.. Reason: to add more info
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 03:00 AM

The only answer is you'll know once he gets out. All he can do is give you his word now, and back it up as much as the limitations will allow him now, the rest will show when he walks out those gates. I think we all wish we had a crystal ball just to make sure, but then again life wouldn't be much fun if we had all the answers upfront. It is natural to be nervous when they get close to the gate. If he loves you, he will want to be with you. To me it is that simple. If he loves you, and you love him, you'll find a way to make your relationship work outside prison walls. It won't be easy, but relationships never are!

Franz Schubert

Anyone who can touch you
Can hurt you or heal you
Anyone who can reach you
Can love you or leave you

So be gentle...

Natasha Bedingfield
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Succ33d For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (12-04-2017), Critter07 (12-12-2009), JodyAnnShaw (12-12-2009), NowIKnow (12-12-2009)
Old 12-12-2009, 12:19 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

I agree. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to relationships. Especially MWI relationships. But, even relationships started out here go through issues sometimes.

It will be what it will be, so don't borrow trouble now. Live for today and pray for tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiferzWife View Post
I agree. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to relationships. Especially MWI relationships. But, even relationships started out here go through issues sometimes.

It will be what it will be, so don't borrow trouble now. Live for today and pray for tomorrow.
LOVE your last sentence!!!!!!!! I'm going to copy it down and put it on my refrig!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,103 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succ33d View Post
The only answer is you'll know once he gets out. All he can do is give you his word now, and back it up as much as the limitations will allow him now, the rest will show when he walks out those gates. I think we all wish we had a crystal ball just to make sure, but then again life wouldn't be much fun if we had all the answers upfront. It is natural to be nervous when they get close to the gate. If he loves you, he will want to be with you. To me it is that simple. If he loves you, and you love him, you'll find a way to make your relationship work outside prison walls. It won't be easy, but relationships never are!
This pretty much sums it up! Our guys can't do more than give us their word right now. It's just the way it is, but I think everyone struggles with this in a relationship. People do change to some degree throughout the relationship they are in, but that doesn't mean those changes are bad! He'll have some adjusting to do once he's out, but I seriously wouldn't worry yourself too much...just give him the chance to prove he was honest or not!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succ33d View Post
The only answer is you'll know once he gets out. All he can do is give you his word now, and back it up as much as the limitations will allow him now, the rest will show when he walks out those gates. I think we all wish we had a crystal ball just to make sure, but then again life wouldn't be much fun if we had all the answers upfront. It is natural to be nervous when they get close to the gate. If he loves you, he will want to be with you.

To me it is that simple.

If he loves you, and you love him, you'll find a way to make your relationship work outside prison walls.

It won't be easy, but relationships never are!

old thread 7 yrs. old, pero...i love it. and yep this is still true as of today in almost 2018.
so true. for many MWI and who has not met through incarceration."I've always believe(Still do)any age/background et.al., that "when he or she is leaving prison?"If such a love transcend/and follows him or her from the door leading OUT of the prison, then you're going to be ok. I agree.It really is as simple as that." Good luck to all meeting this way MWI and those who are also meeting the conventional way out of prison."I hope we get more happy stories here, as it shall give more so much hope in these type of un-conventional relationships."God bless us all, good night."

-

Mi fiancee-bff es currently out of prison
@ 12:01 a.m.on thanksgiving eve.

Next?
#Weekends alone #me+him Snugglin' with- Hot Chocolate, Winter-Kisses that we both have patiently longed for,without D.O.C.