Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:03 PM

People can believe in god or not, but if the courts decide to deport him, you will have missed your opportunity and he will never be allowed to come back into this country and then what? There is no harm in talking to a lawyer, period. The emotional cost of him leaving the country is so much greater than the financial cost of getting an attorney.

I sound like a broken record to the people who have read my posts, but the #1 most important thing my husband's attorney told him was to pay his restitution in full. Borrow the money from anyone he can get it from, but pay it, that it would make the biggest difference in his case and how long he goes away for. My husband is in tremendous debt as a result of doing just that. He's going to be 59 years old in a month and when he comes out he will have no money, next to no retirement, and owe a lot of money. But, who cares? He will have his freedom!! We live in the best country in the world. Don't you want your man to be able to have the opportunity to enjoy his freedom here?

I believe in God and I prayed for my husband too, but I'm also not naive enough to think that was the answer to everything. When you can take action that can matter, you need to try to make an effort to do whatever you can. I feel so bad that you keep getting these delays and have the opportunities but don't take them. Just look back at your posts from the last few weeks and how freaked out you have been. First at when the CO was going to write him up and report him and possibly delay his release. More recently, when you didn't hear from him after his hearing yesterday. I don't know about you but that would drive me nuts. What would you have done if you had never heard from him yesterday and instead on a bus or plane on his way back to wherever he came from? And, if he goes back as a felon, what awaits him in his home country?

Not having money to hire an attorney sucks, but not having your freedom to live where you want sucks more. People can always make money and pay it back, people cannot always have the right to choose to live where they want. Hopefully you will consider all of that and consider at a minimum talking to an attorney that at least will give you a free consult.

Best of luck!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (12-13-2017), miamac (12-10-2017), MizzyMuffling (12-13-2017), nimuay (12-10-2017), patchouli (12-10-2017), Sarianna (12-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2017, 11:05 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Squeeze, you 've just had a whole boatload of people tell you a lawyer will enhance whatever small odds he has of not being removed from the US. That's fact.

Your relationship with your God is an entirely different realm and not germane to the discussion. Religion bears essentially on coercing moral behavior by offering a carrot and a stick - heaven or hell. If you believe strongly in your God, then you have to actually LISTEN to what he's telling you. Things are not going your way. God may be telling you that you should move to Mexico and is using this way of getting that to happen. God may be telling you that this relationship isn't the one you should have for life. Or God is looking to find out if you love squeezy enough to move to his country. Whatever it is all about, you have to LISTEN. Assuming that because you pray hard that you will convince God to do what you want just isn't enough. Many, many people have prayed, very hard and earnestly, to be pulled out from under an avalanche, or from out of a mudslide or to be protected from being collateral damage in a war. A whole lot of them found out that either God wasn't listening right then or that God meant them to be under that avalanche or smashed by that mudslide or shot by that soldier. There are many other possibilities within the mind of God, and many other lessons one might learn, including how to listen to those whose expertise outweighs yours.

You don't have the right to tell God what to do. That's why S/he's God and you're not. You don't have the right to tell other people, who are giving you the very best advice that their training in law gives them special knowledge of, not to comment. You don't have the right to tell them that they're negativity is unwelcome. They're not being negative, they are giving you facts. You may not like them, but they're facts anyway.

Appreciate what everyone's trying to tell you and how much of their time and expertise are being expended on your behalf when they sit down and type out the fruits of their knowledge for absolutely free.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:06 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
People can believe in god or not, but if the courts decide to deport him, you will have missed your opportunity and he will never be allowed to come back into this country and then what? There is no harm in talking to a lawyer, period. The emotional cost of him leaving the country is so much greater than the financial cost of getting an attorney.

I sound like a broken record to the people who have read my posts, but the #1 most important thing my husband's attorney told him was to pay his restitution in full. Borrow the money from anyone he can get it from, but pay it, that it would make the biggest difference in his case and how long he goes away for. My husband is in tremendous debt as a result of doing just that. He's going to be 59 years old in a month and when he comes out he will have no money, next to no retirement, and owe a lot of money. But, who cares? He will have his freedom!! We live in the best country in the world. Don't you want your man to be able to have the opportunity to enjoy his freedom here?

I believe in God and I prayed for my husband too, but I'm also not naive enough to think that was the answer to everything. When you can take action that can matter, you need to try to make an effort to do whatever you can. I feel so bad that you keep getting these delays and have the opportunities but don't take them. Just look back at your posts from the last few weeks and how freaked out you have been. First at when the CO was going to write him up and report him and possibly delay his release. More recently, when you didn't hear from him after his hearing yesterday. I don't know about you but that would drive me nuts. What would you have done if you had never heard from him yesterday and instead on a bus or plane on his way back to wherever he came from? And, if he goes back as a felon, what awaits him in his home country?

Not having money to hire an attorney sucks, but not having your freedom to live where you want sucks more. People can always make money and pay it back, people cannot always have the right to choose to live where they want. Hopefully you will consider all of that and consider at a minimum talking to an attorney that at least will give you a free consult.

Best of luck!
Thank you.
Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysqueezy View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

update:

my man called me today Thursday
He was told that Monday coming up he has an appt. with ICE.

Just when we thought we were just over the Hump of Getting a possible Write Up, then thankfully he just got put on S Time, seen parole board warden, Counselor etc. they all said he does not have a Hold and his Counselor reassured the board that he looked into it and that my man is okay clear.

Mind you for those that don't know our whole story my man gets out Dec. 3rd next weekend!!!

man if they ain't fucking with him. sorry for my mouth!!!!

An ICE appointment now ????? this MONDAY I told my man to don't worry that everything will be okay. just this shit got me mad.

Any advice for us ?
I have a trick for u this works tell him to put an appeal for his original case and when itís granted they have to let him go I did it I was in ny state prison and I was released once they saw my appeal
The Following User Says Thank You to Hotboy11206 For This Useful Post:
ilovemysqueezy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotboy11206 View Post
I have a trick for u this works tell him to put an appeal for his original case and when itís granted they have to let him go I did it I was in ny state prison and I was released once they saw my appeal
That won't work for them because they refuse to hire an attorney to help with the whole process and are unfortunately, only putting their faith in god.

Read the entire thread and you'll see what I mean.

Hope that works out for them! I hope they've reconsidered because they have options and most of us would do whatever we could while we have the chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotboy11206 View Post
This is Immigration though
Old Yesterday, 09:14 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
That won't work for them because they refuse to hire an attorney to help with the whole process and are unfortunately, only putting their faith in god.

Read the entire thread and you'll see what I mean.

Hope that works out for them! I hope they've reconsidered because they have options and most of us would do whatever we could while we have the chance.
That's where YOU are wrong. We have spoken to Lawyers. And yes our faith is still strong in God specially right now with what we are going through.

Thank you.
Old Today, 07:12 AM

Thanked 9,877 Times in 5,549 Posts

Pushing appeals that have no basis in law does NOBODY any good. And this presumes that the appeal would even be timely in nature. Even if it afforded a temporary reprieve, it will only compound the matter when the appeal is tossed and the offender refuses to appear in immigration court when THOSE proceedings resume.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
xolady (Today)