Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 05-27-2018, 07:06 PM

Default Son released not without drama

My son has completed his work release program. He is currently working and living in an efficiency near his job. This is the longest he has ever been on the right track. So that is the positive news?

Three weeks in the real world that he has previously not been able to cope. If you recall in my earlier posting. "Visit and Vent " I described the inappropriate way I was treated on my first visit to the work release center.

I could never anticipate the sequence of events that should have been simple pick up for his EOS
I had been contacted by the work release center that I must be at the center at 10:00 am to pick him up on designated release date.

The evening prior to his release I was enjoying a movie so I missed a call that had a number I didn't recognize. There was a voice message that instructed me to call Zephyrhills Correctional Center in the morning. Well that in itself was confusing because he was in Tarpon Springs WRC. I got 0 sleep that night.

The following morning I called and was told the following
1. There had been an "incident " and he was transported to Zephyrhills
2. His belongings were still at Tarpon Springs WRC
3. She expressed in a puzzled voice why even his "jacket". Was not sent
and he had to be released without a current identification card.
4. I would need to bring clothing for him to be released in.
5. She further said she would call me to give a pick up time since she
Had to process his papers.
I had only a couple of T shirts at my home. Then I remembered I had come across a pair of camouflage jeans on sale I had planned on saving as Christmas gift for him
The "jacket" that did not accompany him to Zephyrhills was actually a packet of personal papers and identification card.

I received the call to pick him up at 5:00 pm. I brought the clothing and drove to the jail. I went as instructed to the window with my ID and a bag with clothes. The guard examined the clothes and handed me back the camo pants. The guard said he cannot be released in camo. What? I can't believe my luck.

The guards talked among themselves and said he would look in donated clothing. I told him his waist size 32/34. OMG when my son walked out the gates he had on a huge pair of pants he had to hold up. (size 44)
Now we have to make the 60 mile drive to Tarpon Springs in the rain. On our drive I asked my son what was going on and explain the "incident"

My son explains they were on lock down and he was in the presence of another inmate that had drugs on him. The guards threw my son against the wall and the offender was punched and thrown to ground. Both were handcuffed and shackled. My son said to the director his phone and bike key lock was on his bed and his last check from work was in his locker. The director went to my sons room and came back with the items. He visibly saw those items retrieved

Once my son got to Zephyrhills he was drug tested and clean. That is why they sent them both to Zephyrhills. The director told them both they were going to jail. The offender even said my son wasn't involved. The staff on duty was pretty belligerent threatening to send the MF**ers in jail.

Once my son was clean they proceed with his EOS (end of sentence)

I wish I could say once we reached Tarpon Springs the proses was simple.
When we walked in they were pretty startled he was released. (Why didn't they drug test him there before transporting to jail)

Then the scramble began for his belonging. Easily accessed the "jacket" of information. The plastic bag marked as his belongings were only partially his. No phone, no bicycle key, most importantly no check. All of his toiletries, belt, missing.
Then they explained the phone and check were probably in the safe. Of course no one on this shift can access. There were 2 keys to the bike lock, but no one knew anything. My son reported one key had been on bed and one
Inside his locker. One of the guards went to recheck and found one key. So we were able to get his bicycle. I was promised the director would be present after 3:00 pm to open safe.

Day 2
Made 60 mile drive back and I was told. "The director just left". Are you kidding me.
Day 3
Made 60 mile trip No one speaks they hold up the phone and check. No phone charger. As we were walking out the door the guard says the items weren't in the safe the director had them in his own locker. That entire facility is not run by procedure.

By this time it is close to 6:00 pm Did you know once released from DOC they must check in and be fingerprinted. We were past the 48 hr time
The office that does that closed at 4:30pm. So it isn't like they can go to the sheriffs office.

Day 4
My son called to the office he had to check in and arranged to be late 1 hour at work. Again 60 mile drive got him checked in.

Since the WRC sent him to Zephyrhills unexpectedly, my son missed work without calling. He went explained it all to his boss and wasn't fired. One of the guards told us he had been doing progress report that day and explained it wasn't my sons fault. That was the right thing to do and we thanked him

Now the reason I had 4 60 mile trips to Tarpon Springs is because my sons only transportation is by bicycle. The 4 day nightmare was very upsetting
to us both.

He loves his job and is doing well. I am relieved this nightmare is over. I have done a lot of praying. I know my son broke the law and was sentenced. I felt like I was sentenced as well. Jumping through hoops to get simple things accomplished I haven't done anything to encounter the snaffoo that occurred

Sorry this is so long. I pray for each of the parents that are currently in the waiting room.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DisneyFan For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (05-28-2018), cljinct (05-31-2018), fbopnomore (05-27-2018), icj357 (05-29-2018), lizlizzie2 (06-21-2018), Lordbew/us (05-27-2018), MsFish (06-11-2018), SeekingJoy (06-16-2018), sidewalker (05-28-2018), xolady (05-28-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,973 Times in 11,671 Posts

I understand why you both were upset. At least all of that is now behind him.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:10 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,094 Times in 14,195 Posts

Im glad it worked out in the end. Holy cow I'd have lost my $hit over that if it were me. Im pretty good for two days of garbage but over 4?
Good on you Disney for handling it (much better than I would have)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (05-28-2018), fbopnomore (05-28-2018), icj357 (05-29-2018), Sunnielg (06-03-2018)
Old 05-28-2018, 09:59 AM

Thanked 5,798 Times in 3,031 Posts

Thankfully this is over and he came thru good, so sorry you have had such a hard time. But at least he's out and done!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-30-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:23 AM

Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
My son has completed his work release program. He is currently working and living in an efficiency near his job. This is the longest he has ever been on the right track. So that is the positive news?

Three weeks in the real world that he has previously not been able to cope. If you recall in my earlier posting. "Visit and Vent " I described the inappropriate way I was treated on my first visit to the work release center.

I could never anticipate the sequence of events that should have been simple pick up for his EOS
I had been contacted by the work release center that I must be at the center at 10:00 am to pick him up on designated release date.

The evening prior to his release I was enjoying a movie so I missed a call that had a number I didn't recognize. There was a voice message that instructed me to call Zephyrhills Correctional Center in the morning. Well that in itself was confusing because he was in Tarpon Springs WRC. I got 0 sleep that night.

I had only a couple of T shirts at my home. Then I remembered I had come across a pair of camouflage jeans on sale I had planned on saving as Christmas gift for him
The "jacket" that did not accompany him to Zephyrhills was actually a packet of personal papers and identification card.

I received the call to pick him up at 5:00 pm. I brought the clothing and drove to the jail. I went as instructed to the window with my ID and a bag with clothes. The guard examined the clothes and handed me back the camo pants. The guard said he cannot be released in camo. What? I can't believe my luck.

The guards talked among themselves and said he would look in donated clothing. I told him his waist size 32/34. OMG when my son walked out the gates he had on a huge pair of pants he had to hold up. (size 44)
Now we have to make the 60 mile drive to Tarpon Springs in the rain. On our drive I asked my son what was going on and explain the "incident"

My son explains they were on lock down and he was in the presence of another inmate that had drugs on him. The guards threw my son against the wall and the offender was punched and thrown to ground. Both were handcuffed and shackled. My son said to the director his phone and bike key lock was on his bed and his last check from work was in his locker. The director went to my sons room and came back with the items. He visibly saw those items retrieved

Once my son got to Zephyrhills he was drug tested and clean. That is why they sent them both to Zephyrhills. The director told them both they were going to jail. The offender even said my son wasn't involved. The staff on duty was pretty belligerent threatening to send the MF**ers in jail.

When we walked in they were pretty startled he was released. (Why didn't they drug test him there before transporting to jail)

Then the scramble began for his belonging. Easily accessed the "jacket" of information. The plastic bag marked as his belongings were only partially his. No phone, no bicycle key, most importantly no check. All of his toiletries, belt, missing.
Then they explained the phone and check were probably in the safe. Of course no one on this shift can access. There were 2 keys to the bike lock, but no one knew anything. My son reported one key had been on bed and one
Inside his locker. One of the guards went to recheck and found one key. So we were able to get his bicycle. I was promised the director would be present after 3:00 pm to open safe.

Day 2
Made 60 mile drive back and I was told. "The director just left". Are you kidding me.
Day 3
Made 60 mile trip No one speaks they hold up the phone and check. No phone charger. As we were walking out the door the guard says the items weren't in the safe the director had them in his own locker. That entire facility is not run by procedure.

By this time it is close to 6:00 pm Did you know once released from DOC they must check in and be fingerprinted. We were past the 48 hr time
The office that does that closed at 4:30pm. So it isn't like they can go to the sheriffs office.

Day 4
My son called to the office he had to check in and arranged to be late 1 hour at work. Again 60 mile drive got him checked in.

Since the WRC sent him to Zephyrhills unexpectedly, my son missed work without calling. He went explained it all to his boss and wasn't fired. One of the guards told us he had been doing progress report that day and explained it wasn't my sons fault. That was the right thing to do and we thanked him

Now the reason I had 4 60 mile trips to Tarpon Springs is because my sons only transportation is by bicycle. The 4 day nightmare was very upsetting
to us both.

He loves his job and is doing well. I am relieved this nightmare is over. I have done a lot of praying. I know my son broke the law and was sentenced. I felt like I was sentenced as well. Jumping through hoops to get simple things accomplished I haven't done anything to encounter the snaffoo that occurred

Sorry this is so long. I pray for each of the parents that are currently in the waiting room.
\So sorry you've had to go through this. Glad he is out and doing well.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 06-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post

Day 2
Day 3

Day 4

to us both.

I am glad he is out and able to start again!! Blessings to both of you.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,126 Times in 436 Posts

Wow. Congrats on that whole patience thing, Disney, and on having him out, EOS,