Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:26 AM

Default Time computation changing, changing earned time, mrds??

Hello, I was just visiting a loved one at Limon and he said that he saw some information on the tv about how they are changing time computation here in Colorado. According to the info on the tv it said starting this fall most people would be getting a closer mrd date, some peoples dates would stay the same and some would actually have time added. I tried to do some online digging but I could not find anything about their earned time changing or how they compute time changing.

Has anyone else heard about this? Just curious now.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,707 Times in 13,068 Posts

Here's a link to the parole changes signed into law in May, 2019. Is that what the news was talking about?
https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/defau...143_signed.pdf
Old 09-08-2019, 10:31 AM

Nope. I just read that, thanks for the link, but it's different than that.

According to the tv it said this fall they are switching from their current system to a new system of tracking time earned that will change most people's dates.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfforget For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfforget View Post
Nope. I just read that, thanks for the link, but it's different than that.

According to the tv it said this fall they are switching from their current system to a new system of tracking time earned that will change most people's dates.
They are getting a new system in the fall. The current system is a ,"one size fits all". Time for several offenders will be adjusted based on Fetzer case law. They were waiting to implement the new system until the Supreme Court decision in Diehl was handed down which was announced a couple of months ago.

Some offenders filed with district courts to have their time recalculated. Because the system was outdated, time comp was recalculating time manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 09:50 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
They are getting a new system in the fall. The current system is a ,"one size fits all". Time for several offenders will be adjusted based on Fetzer case law. They were waiting to implement the new system until the Supreme Court decision in Diehl was handed down which was announced a couple of months ago.

Some offenders filed with district courts to have their time recalculated. Because the system was outdated, time comp was recalculating time manually.
I see. Is there any place to read about the new system yet and how it will calculate time?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfforget View Post
I see. Is there any place to read about the new system yet and how it will calculate time?
Not that I'm aware of. I don't think DOC would publish any info on it From what I've been told, it's a program developed by outside vendor. More info would be entered. Specifically original sentence and original parole dates. That's what's required in order to comply with Fetzer. I anticipate a mess on the way.