Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:05 PM

Default Federal detention center visitation

So my husband is in Federal detention Center in Philadelphia I still have not been able to see him itís been four months I had a case on my background I called before he got locked up I was recently cleared and the judge dismissed all charges against me am I able to see him now or would I have to have it off my record completely right now itís on my record but it says dismissed on all charges I had no luck with no information to jail does not answer the phone Iím hoping someone here will help me out with information
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2020, 10:11 PM

Is the detention center more like "county" jail or has he been sent to a prison yet? If he's in actual prison he will have to get a visitation form, send it to you and you return it. If it's more like a county jail then my suggestion would be to show up for visitation and see what happens.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Is the detention center more like "county" jail or has he been sent to a prison yet? If he's in actual prison he will have to get a visitation form, send it to you and you return it. If it's more like a county jail then my suggestion would be to show up for visitation and see what happens.
So he. Is in a federal prison at the detention center
Old 02-24-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atosado80 View Post
Ok then, he has to get the visitation form, mail it to you and you mail it back in and wait and see if you're approved. The only catch to that is if you have done this before and it has been less than six months since you appealed it. Then you have to wait those six months and go from there.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
He is at a federal detention center in a prison and I do have the form with the birth certificate my question is I had a background a haircut locked up but the judge dismissed all charges on me so I know they do a background check I just want to know what I still be able to see him being that they dismissed the charges
Old 02-24-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
He is at a federal detention center in a prison and I do have the form with the birth certificate my question is I had a background a had got locked up but the judge dismissed all charges on me so I know they do a background check I just want to know what I still be able to see him being that they dismissed the charges
Old 02-24-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
He is at a federal detention center in a prison and I do have the form with the birth certificate my question is I had a background a haircut locked up but the judge dismissed all charges on me so I know they do a background check I just want to know what I still be able to see him being that they dismissed the charges

If you have a copy of your dismissal it wouldn't hurt to add that along with the form it will at least show that your charges have been dismissed. There's no harm in trying to do the right thing.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
If you have a copy of your dismissal it wouldn't hurt to add that along with the form it will at least show that your charges have been dismissed. There's no harm in trying to do the right thing.
Yes I do have a letter from my lawyer I hired a private attorney stating my case number and that I was dismissed all charges and on the docket sheet it also says that it was dismissed
Old 02-25-2020, 05:41 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,482 Times in 13,495 Posts

Were you formally denied to visit there? If so, write the warden and submit the proof that your record is now clear. Have your husband explain what happened to his unit team too. I hope you will be approved to visit, but it will still depend on what the warden decides.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Were you formally denied to visit there? If so, write the warden and submit the proof that your record is now clear. Have your husband explain what happened to his unit team too. I hope you will be approved to visit, but it will still depend on what the warden decides.
So I have not submitted a form before this will be the first time , I have a copy of the docket sheet and a letter from my lawyer should I submit everything together ?

Last edited by Atosado80; 02-25-2020 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,482 Times in 13,495 Posts

Here's the bop visitor's application.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/forms/BP_A0629.pdf

Number 11: "Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If so, state the number, date, place, and nature of the conviction/s" gives you the opportunity to list the case, and the dismissal by the judge. If you weren't actually convicted (dismissed before a formal resolution of the charges) I would not call it a conviction, but you can still explain, especially if it will appear on a criminal records check by the bop.

Are you sure it will show up? If it does, it should only be for the arrest unless you were adjudged guilty in court. I would also attempt to find out what appears when my background is checked. Also talk to your lawyer for their recommendation.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:44 PM

Thank you for the information !
The Following User Says Thank You to Atosado80 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-26-2020)