Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 PM

hello everyone, well i just got approved for my family visit. i had a couple of questions if you guys dont mind...how long does it take for the counselor to call you?? and also i went shopping for lingerie and bought some corsets the lining coming down is plastic (i asked) but where your boobies go its wire so i assume im going to have to pull those out, but my question was do they let you take stuff like that in??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Donation Award 

pwife, his counselor will not be calling you. If you were approved starting calling the Family Visiting Officer (his name is Coyle). As for the corset? Yes you can "take stuff like that in". As long as there is no metal you'll get through just fine, the officer does go through all of your belongings before you go through so be prepared for that. Have fun...
Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 PM

i thought that the counselor called you after he recieved the approval package? and i also heard something about being on standby...which supposeably means that if your able to that you can get your visit like within 72hours or something or which ever available slot there was that other people couldnt because of such short notice of time...because i am more the willing to call into work sick just so i can get my visit sooner i have no problem going up there if they call me within a couple of days telling me they have an opening... i havent been with him for 3 years already and im so anxious, exciting, nervous, all that good stuff...just to really be in his arms even if it is just for a couple of days....
Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

nope u have to call him and see what dates are available or according to the 3 dates ur husband put on the paperwork he will pick one and send the paperwork to ur husband, but if all the dates u guys put are taken or have already passed u need to get on the horn girl. U have to ask for what u want up there. It would b nice if u got a call but it just doesnt work that way. but congrats on being approved. U will get plenty of visits becuz only a small percentage up there are eligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwife09 View Post
i thought that the counselor called you after he recieved the approval package? and i also heard something about being on standby...which supposeably means that if your able to that you can get your visit like within 72hours or something or which ever available slot there was that other people couldnt because of such short notice of time...because i am more the willing to call into work sick just so i can get my visit sooner i have no problem going up there if they call me within a couple of days telling me they have an opening... i havent been with him for 3 years already and im so anxious, exciting, nervous, all that good stuff...just to really be in his arms even if it is just for a couple of days....
Old 05-06-2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the info... I will be calling right now...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 PM
All My Life

I just got back from a family visit on Monday, so you can feel free to ask me anything! The underwires will be ok, as long as you aren't wearing them in. You have to pass a metal detector just like regular visiting, but your stuff will be searched, and underwires are ok. I found Coyle to be very cool, no problem at all. If you haven't already talked to him, when we were approved for family visiting, they sent his form back with the date on it. That's how we knew it was a go. If you are only approved for regular visiting, you still need to get the family visiting packet ready. You will need to send in food money BEFORE they will give you a date. We spent about $100 for the 3 days, but the folks next door spent $250!!
Feel free to email me.....
Debbi

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.

The Following User Says Thank You to denverswife For This Useful Post:
twistedshorty (07-14-2008)
Old 06-28-2008, 10:56 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Teenie moment I will have my first family visit on the 4th of July. I'm flying in from Georgia. I'm soooo blessed that one of my husbands friends wife is going to pick me up from the air port and let me stay at their house. Ok so now I have a list will ya all let me know if I'm missing anything
1. towels
2. shampoo, conditioner
3 body soap
4 dish soap
5) 6 pillow cases and bedsheets for full size bed
6 make up in sealed package from store
7.) if i bring perfume in a sealed package will they let me bring it in or should I spray down my hooker clothes before I go?
Any and all questions, comments and or sugestions will be welcome... can't wait. it has been a few years since we qualified for a visit.... yea buddy to hold my honey and wake up in his arms once more.. I can't wait...
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedshorty View Post
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Teenie moment I will have my first family visit on the 4th of July. I'm flying in from Georgia. I'm soooo blessed that one of my husbands friends wife is going to pick me up from the air port and let me stay at their house. Ok so now I have a list will ya all let me know if I'm missing anything
1. towels
2. shampoo, conditioner
3 body soap
4 dish soap
5) 6 pillow cases and bedsheets for full size bed
6 make up in sealed package from store
7.) if i bring perfume in a sealed package will they let me bring it in or should I spray down my hooker clothes before I go?
Any and all questions, comments and or sugestions will be welcome... can't wait. it has been a few years since we qualified for a visit.... yea buddy to hold my honey and wake up in his arms once more.. I can't wait...
I SUGGEST U SPRAY DOWN THEM HOOKER CLOTHES GIRL U CANT TAKE IN GLASS AT ALL. BUT IF U TRYING TO SMELL NICE JUT TAKE SOME FRUITY SHOWER GEL OR SCENTED LOTION BUT U ALREADY KNOW HE WONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT NO PERFUME

Last edited by nitesbabigirl; 06-29-2008 at 01:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to nitesbabigirl For This Useful Post:
twistedshorty (07-14-2008)
Old 07-12-2008, 01:57 AM

Hey to all and especially my A yard girls. Just came home from my first family visit. I love me some Officer Coyle. Most of ya know I had to fly in from Georgia. Well after he finished patting down my hooker clothes. It was time to go through the metal detector. I keept beeping I was like I have no idea why. He asked about my underwire bra. I was like Um no I took that out I've done this before. Let me think well it was my garder belt. Roflmao! I ran to the restroom and came running out with my black garder belt in hand put it in the tray and passed through no problem. Officer Coyle went to get the guys from their side to the aprartmen/ what ever ya call it. He was like French! My honey was so worried my layover in Dallas was going to cause me to miss this visit. Coyle was like "Gave him the thumbs up" My honey was like excuse me? Is my wife here Coyle was like Yea she's here and good to go. I was like what. When I got home my man called for my birthday and he said so Coyle asked me if I thought you would be back. I was like she is going to try for Oct. I'm roflmao! He said Um honey why is he so interested. I was like first of all I confirmed the visit like 4 times because my flight was like $565 big smackers and I did not want them to be on lockdown and me miss out on this visit. (note my honey has been on closed custody for the past 7 years just got to a level were we could have a visit). Then I told him about the garder belt and these lottery tickets I brought. I told Officer Coyle I have only 2 questionable items 1. my georgio perfume still in a unopened package. He was like no mame that will be in your locker. 2. these sex game lottery tickes. I told him they are not real lottery tickets everyone's a winner. He looked at them and laughed. Um no mame they will also be in your locker. I told him to feel free to take them home to his wife because I had a whole book at the house. Coyle looked at them and saw one was bondage bingo! He was like "with a big smile on his face" I don't think she would appreciate that thank you. Then my honey was like yea between those scratch off's your garder belt and all of the other hooker clothes I bet he can't wait to check your next bag. It was all well worth it. To actually get to hold my man and look into his big baby blues once more. Yea buddy! I'm still smiling. I went during the 4th of July weekend. I keept thinking to myself drats I wish I could remember some of your real names because my friend had pulled number 24 and she got in for her visit before I got in for my family visit. I met a nice mom and dad from Tennesse and they told me i was the first person they met from out of state. I also did not know you could get a family visit with you mom and other family members. The people in visit #2 were there to see their son and brother. That's cool. Hope everyone has a blessed day. I'll stop now. Ya all know I'm still on cloud 9. Just waiting for the next time I can afford the flight.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
All My Life

EXCELLENT Shorty! Yep, Coyle is one decent guy. I've had good FV officers and bad and he's one of the good ones. Very cool about most everything. Book your flight early for the best rates!!

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I got approved for my family visit nov 28th however I haven't sent the check yet because I don't get paid until Friday. About how long does it take to process a check for the family visit? An how many outfits can I bring?
The Following User Says Thank You to MiriamMoreno1 For This Useful Post:
Mrs. I (04-08-2015)
Closed Thread