Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:48 PM

Talking HDSP Marriage Q&A Thread

Ok i'm just curious about rather you can wear a wedding dress or what you wear as a wedding dress that would pass the dress code??
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts
Talking 2011 HDSP Wedding Q&A Thread

Welcome to HDSP's 2011
Wedding Q&A Thread.

Please use this thread to ask
any questions that pertain to getting married
at HDSP.

Here is the link to the old thread:
Questions/Info Re: Marriage Process
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Default High Desert State Prison Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrss.v View Post
HOW MANy LADiES HAVE GOTTEN MARRiED AT HiGH DESERT??ND WAS iT LikE ???DiD yU LikE yOUR EXPiERNENCES??
I am trying to get married at high desert state prison i just received the package but i cant seem to get approved to visit I was told the only way I can see him (my probation okd me) is if we get married does anybody know how this works? im on probation and am okd by my probation officer but his side seems to be the hard side
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 PM

How long does it take them to investigate and approve the marriage?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericsstinkz1726 View Post
I am trying to get married at high desert state prison i just received the package but i cant seem to get approved to visit I was told the only way I can see him (my probation okd me) is if we get married does anybody know how this works? im on probation and am okd by my probation officer but his side seems to be the hard side

You cannot get approved for marriage unless you are an approved visitor. Try explaining to your PO that you have plans to get married but you MUST be approved to visit first...in order to be approved to visit you need his/her permission...
Best of luck.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYnMealways View Post
How long does it take them to investigate and approve the marriage?

It can take a few months to get approved.

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrs.grumps For This Useful Post:
TYnMealways (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Please ignore the first post.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:51 PM
~Albert's Wifey~

I sent in my package in March of 2009 and just contacted the marriage coordinator to see what the status of our application was (after a year) and she said she barely sent it to his counselor and we should know in 30 days wether it was approved or not. So my question is, Is it normal to wait a whole year before the marriage coordinator even takes a look at the application? Also, will lockdowns affect the marriage process? He is on A yard and has been on lockdown for some time now and I don't know if the end is even near. Any ideas ladies?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwife View Post
I sent in my package in March of 2009 and just contacted the marriage coordinator to see what the status of our application was (after a year) and she said she barely sent it to his counselor and we should know in 30 days wether it was approved or not. So my question is, Is it normal to wait a whole year before the marriage coordinator even takes a look at the application? Also, will lockdowns affect the marriage process? He is on A yard and has been on lockdown for some time now and I don't know if the end is even near. Any ideas ladies?
Wow, a year seems a little long to wait but I haven't had to deal with wedding stuff at High Desert. Hopefully someone else will have more info for you.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwife View Post
I year seems a little long even at HD, but it does happen. Yes, a lockdown will affect your wedding date, but not the process. You must have a contact visit in order to get married.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Marriage procedures at High Desert State Prison?

My Fiance' and I want to get married and he's at High Desert. Can anyone tell me the process at this prison? Who can we get the marriage packet from? How long will it take to get a date? How do we get the marriage certificate? How much will it cost? Besides the packet we need to fill out and send back in, can we do everything else on our wedding date because I live in Los Angeles and have to fly up there? etc..........If someone has these answers please fill me in on this process!!!! Thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM

i wish you guys the best luck and a happy wedding.. sorry i dont know the answer.. hopefully someone will come along and h elp you out
Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
~Albert's Wifey~

We filled out our marriage package in March of 2009 (he got it from the marriage coordinator Linda Branch) and we yet haven't heard back from the counselor or the coordinator for a date, I keep calling and they keep telling me it is still in approval process and that they are understaffed and that a marriage is not their priority right now. So I hope you have better luck than I have. & then I have heard from other people that it only took them 3 or 4 months to get a date, so I don't understand what we are doing wrong!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 PM

WoW he comes home in Oct 2012 so we might just be getting married at the courthouse. I just talked to Linda Branch on Tuesday and she ran the whole process down to me I just hope she's quick with the paperwork like she was calling me back!!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 PM
~Albert's Wifey~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Lobo View Post
WoW he comes home in Oct 2012 so we might just be getting married at the courthouse. I just talked to Linda Branch on Tuesday and she ran the whole process down to me I just hope she's quick with the paperwork like she was calling me back!!
Good Luck, I hope you get married soon. Linda is very nice and always returns calls, however, she hasn't been able to give us a date
Old 10-05-2011, 10:35 PM

What is the process to get married at high dessert??? My fiance and i want to get married.. He sent out a request to his counselor.. But we havent heard anything. How long does it take? Im already aproved to visit.. How much does it cost? What are the requirements?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
FoReVer HiiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEKAS.WIFEY
What is the process to get married at high dessert??? My fiance and i want to get married.. He sent out a request to his counselor.. But we havent heard anything. How long does it take? Im already aproved to visit.. How much does it cost? What are the requirements?
Its more or less the same everywhere give or take His counselor will review his file and give him a marriage packet n hell sign it and send it to u with a copy of his cdc id if u don't already have one then ull fill it out sign it and send it back with the copy of his cdc id copy of ur id his original birth certificate your original birth certificate n divrce papers if any of u were previously married with a m.o. for the licensing n send it to the marriage coordinator they'll review it and if everythings correct they'll send it for approval once the approvals back they'll set up a date usually the process takes maybe 3-4 months but I've heard at high desert its taking longer n it should still be around 150 for everything as far as the requirements I don't think there's too many u just have to be of age not married n he can't be in ad seg but for family visits there's alot more specific requirements correctly if I'm wrong on anything ladies the process could have changed a little
Old 10-06-2011, 10:44 AM
FoReVer HiiS

*meant correct me..sorry
Old 01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Chocolate Drop

Default marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHaMpS` GiiRL View Post
Its more or less the same everywhere give or take His counselor will review his file and give him a marriage packet n hell sign it and send it to u with a copy of his cdc id if u don't already have one then ull fill it out sign it and send it back with the copy of his cdc id copy of ur id his original birth certificate your original birth certificate n divrce papers if any of u were previously married with a m.o. for the licensing n send it to the marriage coordinator they'll review it and if everythings correct they'll send it for approval once the approvals back they'll set up a date usually the process takes maybe 3-4 months but I've heard at high desert its taking longer n it should still be around 150 for everything as far as the requirements I don't think there's too many u just have to be of age not married n he can't be in ad seg but for family visits there's alot more specific requirements correctly if I'm wrong on anything ladies the process could have changed a little
Thank You for the infor, so you have to send in the money order then, the package said I would have to go to the court house and get it the day before the wedding but I don't thank God
Old 05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
~Albert's Wifey~

Has anyone been able to contact the marriage coordinator this month? She answers the phone every month except this month when my fiance is off lock down and we can actually get this marriage done. I'm so frustrated with this place
Closed Thread