Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Banned

how long ago did you apply? i would call the old prison and ask if they processed it yet. If they did your file will follow him. If you reapply it could delay the process unless it has not been processed at the first prison.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 PM

I sent it JUNE 19th
Old 09-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Stand Tall Fade All

Id send another better to be prepared....get the ball rolling now
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinz61011 View Post
I just recieved a letter from my boyfriend and he has been sent to high desert....I sent my application for visiting when he was still in wasco reception, do I have to send another one or how does that work ???
hi, my boyfriends in hdsp to. No if your approved already then you can visit. It follows him
Old 09-06-2012, 03:20 PM

Hello ladies! Im so missing my husband right now. Im thinking I might try to make an appt to see him, since they are all on lock down right now. Anyone know the phone number?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 AM

I just received a letter today from a friend and he says that all the prisons in the state are on lock down now...anyone know why??? I don't live in CA anymore so information is hard to come by sometimes.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 AM

its true they are only taking visits away from the southern hispanics i have a few friends in different prisons and my hubby in hdsp all of them have no visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Friend View Post
I just received a letter today from a friend and he says that all the prisons in the state are on lock down now...anyone know why??? I don't live in CA anymore so information is hard to come by sometimes.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM
jocy:)

can someone please explain how to begin the marriage process ?(: let me give a little detail .... so my bf is in the shu right now , also he is not off closed custody yet . are we able to start the process now or do we have to wait ?? about how much is it ? do the dress code rules change or theyre the same ?? how many people can go ? sorry i know its a lot of questions im just a little lost . pm me with he answers please (: or just go aheasd and write back to let me know
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocy:)
can someone please explain how to begin the marriage process ?(: let me give a little detail .... so my bf is in the shu right now , also he is not off closed custody yet . are we able to start the process now or do we have to wait ?? about how much is it ? do the dress code rules change or theyre the same ?? how many people can go ? sorry i know its a lot of questions im just a little lost . pm me with he answers please (: or just go aheasd and write back to let me know
Check the marriage thread luv. It has the answers you're looking for.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Hi ladies! I went and saw my husband in HDSP this weekend and it was wonderful. I missed him so much. I only got to hold his hand, but it was soooo nice. I love him so much. If anyone has any questions about visitation or whatever, Im down to answer. Good luck to all of you. Just remember, no matter what, to remain positive.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 PM

My hubby is moving here from old Folsom. He is a so Hispanic. Do they go on LD often? Can they use phones often? Is visiting pretty strict?
Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM

My hubby just got moved here today from old Folsom. How long before I can visit him?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 PM

Thanked 1,007 Times in 254 Posts

My son got there Tuesday and we visited Sunday.

DeeDee California
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollinandatl View Post
My hubby is moving here from old Folsom. He is a so Hispanic. Do they go on LD often? Can they use phones often? Is visiting pretty strict?
THERE ON LD MOST OF THE TIME! BUT THERE A NUMBER YOU COULD CALL AND THEYLL LET YOU KNOW WHOS ON LD.. THEY WONT SAY WHY THOUGHT?(WHISH THEY WOULD) AND THE WILL ALSO TELL IF THE THEY HAVE CONTACT VISIT OR THREW THE GLASS. AND THEY MAKE APPT TO USE THE PHONE AND IT ALL DEPENDES ON THE WHERE HIS HOUSED.. WHERE IS HE HOUSED IN??? I MY BROTHER IS IN b4..... 1800-374-8474 EXT112 GOOD LUCK
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollinandatl View Post
my hubby just got moved here today from old folsom. How long before i can visit him?
if you was approve to visit his at old folosom? Then you could visit him whenever!!! your application moves with you to all the prison in california!!!! You could call the priosn to let you know if you need an appt and if you do.. Your going to have a visit threw the glass if you do not need an apt. Then itz a contact visit just call the prison good luck
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso85
if you was approve to visit his at old folosom? Then you could visit him whenever!!! your application moves with you to all the prison in california!!!! You could call the priosn to let you know if you need an appt and if you do.. Your going to have a visit threw the glass if you do not need an apt. Then itz a contact visit just call the prison good luck
He is in A2. So they told me when I write him I just need to write his name, CDC # , HDSP po box 3030, susanville ca 96127. Does that sound correct?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Hi everyone. My husband just got transferred to HDSP on Wed, 12-12-12. I'm so new to all this, I have so many questions and I'm hoping someone out there could help me. I've already been approved to visit and have already scheduled my first visit with him tomorrow (Saturday). The lady who scheduled the visit for me said that he was still in "orientation" so or visit would be behind glass and only for an hour. Does anyone know how long "orientation" last for? And after "orientation" do we get contact visits? And is he able to use the phone? Please someone help me.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM

My son was moved there 4 weeks ago. His orientation lasted 2 weeks. Our first visit was behind glass for 1 hour. Our 2nd visit was a contact visit from 9:30 to 2:30. He's in B yard. He's been able to call 1 time. He said its really hard to get a turn on the phone.

DeeDee California
Old 12-16-2012, 03:53 PM

deedeeortiz ... Thank you for your response. I was able to visit with him this weekend (one hour behind glass). He was telling me that he was told by his cellmate that they are often on lock down. Do you know if that is true? I've been waiting a year for my husband to be mainlined so that we can have contact visits. Now that he's finally manline then the lock down will stop us from contact visits?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM

I asked that question of hearing they are on lockdown a lot but the officer said it wasn't true. However that say he said 75% of the prison was on lockdown.

DeeDee California
Closed Thread