Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by et&fg
Hey ladies. How long does it usually take for you to get a response after sending a letter.
My guy says it is taking awhile for my letters to get to him (I date mine so he can tell by that or the postal stamp vs when they actually give it to him). His last few have gotten to me pretty quick. They have been mailing his out within 48 hrs lately. And takes 2-3 days cause fhey route them thru reno. Doesnt hurt that he always writes back pretty fast <3
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPuppyLove View Post
My guy says it is taking awhile for my letters to get to him (I date mine so he can tell by that or the postal stamp vs when they actually give it to him). His last few have gotten to me pretty quick. They have been mailing his out within 48 hrs lately. And takes 2-3 days cause fhey route them thru reno. Doesnt hurt that he always writes back pretty fast <3
How long is taking a while?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I have a question if for some reason my man sends mail to my po box and doesn't but the correct name and it gets sent back does it go back to the inmate? Or do u think it goes in the trash? Cuse the post office said it gets sent back but u think the guards are gonna give it to the inmates?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:

I have a question if for some reason my man sends mail to my po box and doesn't but the correct name and it gets sent back does it go back to the inmate? Or do u think it goes in the trash? Cuse the post office said it gets sent back but u think the guards are gonna give it to the inmates?
I had issues with my po box at our old prison and when shit got sent back it was given to him. Can take awhile from the post office to get back though. But it should get back to him. At least it did at our old place. Hasn't happened here yet so I can't say for sure.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I had issues with my po box at our old prison and when shit got sent back it was given to him. Can take awhile from the post office to get back though. But it should get back to him. At least it did at our old place. Hasn't happened here yet so I can't say for sure.
Ok cuse I had received 2 letters 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden I hadn't anymore and when I got those 2 letters the last name was circled and said "new name .. Name not on box" so then I called and Asked if my orginal last name wasn't on the envelope would I still get my mail? The lady said no it would be sent back and but I don't understand cuse I got the first 2 letters?? And her respoce was well that's why it was circled?? So I'm confused?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:

Ok cuse I had received 2 letters 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden I hadn't anymore and when I got those 2 letters the last name was circled and said "new name .. Name not on box" so then I called and Asked if my orginal last name wasn't on the envelope would I still get my mail? The lady said no it would be sent back and but I don't understand cuse I got the first 2 letters?? And her respoce was well that's why it was circled?? So I'm confused?
That's weird cause my friend sometimes has stuff sent to my po box and so does my brother and that shit always gets thru. My probs were cause I forwarded my mail for a month cause I was traveling and when the forward ended they never took it off the box so my mail bounced around and then got sent back. Name was never an issues. That's just bizarre. Maybe just talk to them and add whatever name it is to your box? May be easiest solution. Why isn't he writing your name right? Tell him to write that sh*t correct lol
Old 03-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
That's weird cause my friend sometimes has stuff sent to my po box and so does my brother and that shit always gets thru. My probs were cause I forwarded my mail for a month cause I was traveling and when the forward ended they never took it off the box so my mail bounced around and then got sent back. Name was never an issues. That's just bizarre. Maybe just talk to them and add whatever name it is to your box? May be easiest solution. Why isn't he writing your name right? Tell him to write that sh*t correct lol
Lol I'm assuming there just strict.. He puts his last name on my letters.. And when I got my po box I signed up using my original name. By yeah he just started writing his last name on my letters so I added his name to the po box.. Lol
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM

I've sent letters through jpay a few times and I don't think my man ever got them. Does anyone know if that even works? I've sent my new number and he has yet to call. If he got them I know he would have called for sure.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savswifey View Post
I've sent letters through jpay a few times and I don't think my man ever got them. Does anyone know if that even works? I've sent my new number and he has yet to call. If he got them I know he would have called for sure.
When was the last time u sent a hand written letter? How long ago did u sent it through jay.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:08 PM

Hello,
I am rather new here and I have a question regarding mail. First my friend recently moved to HDSP and I notice that mail time seems to be really slow. That seems to be a common occurrence here however I was wondering how to address an envelope properly? I know that sounds silly but you normally just have it look something like this right:
Inmate Name, Inmate Number,
HDSP
PO Box 3030
Susanville, CA 96127

Isn't that all you need or am I leaving out like yard assignment etc that will slow the process further?

Also is there any restrictions as to how many articles from magazines or crossswords etc that I can sent? Or if I just put them in an envelope will that be alright?
Thanks for any assistance I greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47basketball
Hello,
I am rather new here and I have a question regarding mail. First my friend recently moved to HDSP and I notice that mail time seems to be really slow. That seems to be a common occurrence here however I was wondering how to address an envelope properly? I know that sounds silly but you normally just have it look something like this right:
Inmate Name, Inmate Number,
HDSP
PO Box 3030
Susanville, CA 96127

Isn't that all you need or am I leaving out like yard assignment etc that will slow the process further?

Also is there any restrictions as to how many articles from magazines or crossswords etc that I can sent? Or if I just put them in an envelope will that be alright?
Thanks for any assistance I greatly appreciate it!
First, you should add his Yard and Building after the HdSP
Second you cannot send whole magazines. There is a section on here that lays out the mail rules (I think it's in the top section if you are looking at this on a computer). There is a limit to photos and printouts per mailing and let month I believe. Not sure about torn out magazine articles. I suggest reading the section on mail. I got a lot of answers there
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM

Is mail unpredictable at times?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Is mail unpredictable at times?
Isn't it at every prison at times?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Isn't it at every prison at times?
It's cuse I'm use to getting mail every two weeks at wasco and CCI.. But here mail is kinda off..
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:

It's cuse I'm use to getting mail every two weeks at wasco and CCI.. But here mail is kinda off..
Mail here is ridiculous. Mostly lagging sometimes by weeks. Our old place was much better but even they had lag at times.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Thanked 1,007 Times in 254 Posts

I get my sons within a couple days, but it takes him about 1 month to get mine.

DeeDee California
Old 04-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeortiz View Post
I get my sons within a couple days, but it takes him about 1 month to get mine.
Thanks u guys for the help!! This shit gets me frustrated!!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:54 PM

OMG I forgot to put "p.o box 3030" on the letter i sent out today..what will happen to my letter? Will it get sent back to me? Or will he still get it?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 AM

I have a question.. Do u guys get mail everyday? Cuse the days I get mail are Tuesday-Thursday..
Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 AM

My love did all he could to make me a necklace for my birthday he was so excited to finalu be able to get me something i got the letters and card but not the necklace!!! Wtf
Old 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by et&fg View Post
I have a question.. Do u guys get mail everyday? Cuse the days I get mail are Tuesday-Thursday..
I get mail everyday except Sundays and Tuesdays totaling about 10-13 letters a week. I love all my mail just as much I know he loves how I write daily and kick him down his mail considering I work and go to school full time and raise two toddlers.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhalf View Post
My love did all he could to make me a necklace for my birthday he was so excited to finalu be able to get me something i got the letters and card but not the necklace!!! Wtf

He has to send necklace a certain way, but you have to tell him in person, not by letter. My husband sent me 2 necklaces in the mail, so it does work, which I will tell you in a private message if you want to know.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Mail had been backed up lately! Ex fiancé told me he got my letter dated like a month ago! No worries just mail is backed up badly :/
Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMLTH View Post
He has to send necklace a certain way, but you have to tell him in person, not by letter. My husband sent me 2 necklaces in the mail, so it does work, which I will tell you in a private message if you want to know.
I received a bracelet no problem I didn't know they could send necklaces, he also sent me his picture from his band without an issue and this ballon heart thingy how can e send a necklace? Please pm me
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by et&fg View Post
OMG I forgot to put "p.o box 3030" on the letter i sent out today..what will happen to my letter? Will it get sent back to me? Or will he still get it?
I've done this like 5 times only once it was sent back other times just took a whole for him to receive it!