Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Arizona, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2020, 04:29 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 580
Thanks: 177
Thanked 329 Times in 212 Posts
Default Coronavirus/deportation/mail Update

Hey everyone

Just got off the phone with my baby girls bio father and he said that right now ICE is NOT accepting anyone / NOT deporting anyone, they said possibly until August or even later in to the end of the year/beginning of 2021.

They had an inmate meeting with the warden, and they are pretty much maxing out people's sentences right now who are due to be released soon.
His cellmate was suppose to be released yesterday and now is waiting until August to hopefully be released.

He also said mail will be HEAVILY delayed, receiving and out going. He said he has not received any Feb/Mar mail and has not been able to send out mail all month. They were told mail might be delayed a month or two out.

They are on lockdown and only getting released 3-4 at a time to have an hour for showers, phone calls, and other activities. He stated they are giving each inmate 2 free phone calls a week.

Not sure if it's all locations or where he is at specifically but I assume they are all doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
mauri23 (03-18-2020), patchouli (03-17-2020)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-17-2020, 05:27 PM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 666
Thanks: 246
Thanked 457 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Think it may just be his location.
My guys still going out to rec with everyone and receiving mail fine.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
jordan321 (03-17-2020), kidzx5dogzx5 (03-22-2020)
  #3  
Old 03-17-2020, 07:10 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 580
Thanks: 177
Thanked 329 Times in 212 Posts
Default

your guy is at Yuma right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
Think it may just be his location.
My guys still going out to rec with everyone and receiving mail fine.

Last edited by jordan321; 03-17-2020 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: incorrect spelling
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-2020, 08:49 PM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 666
Thanks: 246
Thanked 457 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Yeah he is
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-2020, 08:55 PM
newtothisinariz newtothisinariz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 225
Thanks: 196
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Tucson Whetstone are also getting 2 free 15 min. calls a wk.
__________________
NEWTOTHISINARIZ
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-2020, 11:09 PM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 666
Thanks: 246
Thanked 457 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisinariz View Post
Tucson Whetstone are also getting 2 free 15 min. calls a wk.
All of ADOC is. Its posted on the website.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:31 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 580
Thanks: 177
Thanked 329 Times in 212 Posts
Default

This is why I strongly believe in "trust but verify". I've been trying to get ahold of anyone at his location and couldn't get an answer.

Of course he was freaking lying to try and cover why he hasn't called or written his daughter. I knew it was a big story of BS since he hasn't called or written in a year.

But it did make some sense due to what's been going on.

But I actually got in touch with the deputy who said there are no plans to stop or delay mail incoming and out coming. he has no heard anything about delaying deportation.

only thing that's true is the 2 calls.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
healingmother92 (03-19-2020), sidewalker (03-20-2020)
  #8  
Old 03-19-2020, 02:30 PM
healingmother92 healingmother92 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 22
Thanks: 18
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

My husband is at Safford Graham unit. We spoke last night and he said that there was a doctor in his unit who tested positive for Corona virus. Has anyone heard of this information or have any new information?? I've been searching online but I can't find anything. I'm getting so worried.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to healingmother92 For This Useful Post:
kidzx5dogzx5 (03-22-2020)
  #9  
Old 03-19-2020, 02:48 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 580
Thanks: 177
Thanked 329 Times in 212 Posts
Default

I haven't heard anything and I don't think ADOC is excited to come forward with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by healingmother92 View Post
My husband is at Safford Graham unit. We spoke last night and he said that there was a doctor in his unit who tested positive for Corona virus. Has anyone heard of this information or have any new information?? I've been searching online but I can't find anything. I'm getting so worried.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
kidzx5dogzx5 (03-22-2020)
  #10  
Old 03-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Sylph's Avatar
Sylph Sylph is offline
here
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 277
Thanks: 60
Thanked 223 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
I haven't heard anything and I don't think ADOC is excited to come forward with that.
I don't think DOC is excited to come forward with anything.
__________________
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul
inv;ctus

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
kidzx5dogzx5 (03-22-2020)
  #11  
Old 03-19-2020, 08:23 PM
Sylph's Avatar
Sylph Sylph is offline
here
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 277
Thanks: 60
Thanked 223 Times in 141 Posts
Default

https://twitter.com/newsjunkyjimmy/s...56056926806016
__________________
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul
inv;ctus

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-20-2020, 05:48 AM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 666
Thanks: 246
Thanked 457 Times in 310 Posts
Default

ADCRR (ADOC) has updated the website with a new statement of waived inmate copays for flu like symptoms and free bars of soap upon request. And more info.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
kidzx5dogzx5 (03-22-2020)
  #13  
Old 03-22-2020, 06:24 PM
kidzx5dogzx5 kidzx5dogzx5 is offline
kidzx5dogzx5
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona United States
Posts: 14
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothisinariz View Post
Tucson Whetstone are also getting 2 free 15 min. calls a wk.
Also, 2 stamps a week for emails.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kidzx5dogzx5 For This Useful Post:
newtothisinariz (03-26-2020)
  #14  
Old 03-22-2020, 06:26 PM
kidzx5dogzx5 kidzx5dogzx5 is offline
kidzx5dogzx5
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona United States
Posts: 14
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
ADCRR (ADOC) has updated the website with a new statement of waived inmate copays for flu like symptoms and free bars of soap upon request. And more info.
I heard at Whetstone they were giving the inmates 2 pods each but not saying anything about COVID-19.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2020, 06:30 PM
kidzx5dogzx5 kidzx5dogzx5 is offline
kidzx5dogzx5
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona United States
Posts: 14
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
I haven't heard anything and I don't think ADOC is excited to come forward with that.
I am so sorry, I heard at Whetstone if you report flu-like symptoms you get shipped out, to where they do not know. Now guys that are sick may not report it.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2020, 06:36 PM
kidzx5dogzx5 kidzx5dogzx5 is offline
kidzx5dogzx5
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona United States
Posts: 14
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Hey everyone

Just got off the phone with my baby girls bio father and he said that right now ICE is NOT accepting anyone / NOT deporting anyone, they said possibly until August or even later in to the end of the year/beginning of 2021.

They had an inmate meeting with the warden, and they are pretty much maxing out people's sentences right now who are due to be released soon.
His cellmate was suppose to be released yesterday and now is waiting until August to hopefully be released.

He also said mail will be HEAVILY delayed, receiving and out going. He said he has not received any Feb/Mar mail and has not been able to send out mail all month. They were told mail might be delayed a month or two out.

They are on lockdown and only getting released 3-4 at a time to have an hour for showers, phone calls, and other activities. He stated they are giving each inmate 2 free phone calls a week.

Not sure if it's all locations or where he is at specifically but I assume they are all doing the same thing.
In Tucson, they are still sending out work crews to work in the city. These inmates may be the ones that bring the virus into the facility. I can't believe they are being so careless.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-26-2020, 02:54 PM
jordan321's Avatar
jordan321 jordan321 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 580
Thanks: 177
Thanked 329 Times in 212 Posts
Default

For emails ? what about those places that do not have tablets yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzx5dogzx5 View Post
Also, 2 stamps a week for emails.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-26-2020, 03:10 PM
mauri23 mauri23 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: far away
Posts: 157
Thanks: 150
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Yes we're all waiting that they are getting their tablets... but some facilities got it already, at least when you look up a few offer already emails, video visits and so on.



https://www.jpay.com/Agency-Details/...-Services.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Ricoluv29 Ricoluv29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona
Posts: 666
Thanks: 246
Thanked 457 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Despite these notices they post on the site saying they are restricting movement or whatever, my man says there still all going to rec and doing things together. Even after someone where hes at was tested for the virus but of course not confirmed yet. He has not been given any cleaning supplies as stated or the free soap. They also raised the allowed amount of ordering right now and said once store is gone then that's it.

I'm done with the system.. Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 PM
newtothisinariz newtothisinariz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 225
Thanks: 196
Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzx5dogzx5 View Post
In Tucson, they are still sending out work crews to work in the city. These inmates may be the ones that bring the virus into the facility. I can't believe they are being so careless.
My husband is at Whetstone his last day of work "outside" was yesterday until further notice
__________________
NEWTOTHISINARIZ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Curious. Coronavirus jordan321 General Prison Talk 55 05-15-2020 11:39 PM
Deportation to ES Update Questions luis84 Criminal Immigration Issues 4 06-11-2009 08:58 AM
Update - deportation issues Hiswifey04 Texas General Prison Talk 28 05-12-2009 08:19 AM
Update...Life After Deportation!!!! MICORAESGONZALO Criminal Immigration Issues 3 10-28-2008 11:05 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:59 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics