Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Arizona, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:33 PM

Exclamation *ALL* visitation suspended in AZ through July 13, 2020

Was just announced. I canít post official link so I copied and pasted the exact wording:

Arizona Department of Corrections, Reentry and Rehabilitation Announces New Actions To Mitigate COVID-19 Risk
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry announced today that visitation at all Arizona prison complexes will be suspended for 30 days, effective immediately, after which time the suspension will be re-evaluated.

The suspension of visitation includes non-contact visits and applies to facilities operated by the Department as well as third-party operated facilities. Our policies for phone calls and written letters remain in effect, and inmates will have access to two 15-minute phone calls per week free of charge during this period. We will continue to post updates about the Departmentís response to COVID-19 on our website. For more information and the latest updates on COVID-19, please visit the Arizona Department of Health Services at AZHealth.gov/COVID19.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def...id-19-risk.pdf

Edited by Admin per PTO Copyright Rules

Last edited by patchouli; 03-13-2020 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: PTO Copyright rules
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2020, 01:57 AM

In douglas they are still having the visits this weekend, they will enforce that after the weekend for up to a month
Old 03-14-2020, 06:39 AM

Hi there,

I saw this. Do you think that 3rd Party will include Securepak deliveries? My husband has asked for a couple of things and I am not sure whether to put in an order or not as I am not sure it will be filled?

Thanks
Shelby
Old 06-12-2020, 08:04 AM

Effective June 13, 2020, the Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry will be further extending the suspension of legal and non-legal visitation at all Arizona prison complexes for an additional 30 days, through July 13, 2020.

I really hope everyone gets to see their lo’s in person again real soon! It must be difficult for you all.
On the flip side - for myself this is a blessing as I’m in the U.K and this means that I get to see my man more regularly than ever. Although I swear the 15mins go faster every week
Hopefully with how well the Google Meets are going, they’ll implement Jpay visits sooner and we can have longer visits pretty much as often as we like! I just hope that they don’t ever replace the physical visits with them like in County...
Has everyone managed ok with the video visits? The signal wasn’t quite as good last week; the sound was a bit off. Other than that, it’s been great.
I know some of you guys probably find it more difficult having just 15mins than not seeing them at all though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LsGarcia For This Useful Post:
healingmother92 (06-14-2020), patchouli (06-12-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 12:54 AM

My friend is only in county, to be sentenced on the 22nd. The video visits are nice but I look forward to the day when I can actually touch, hug him. I'm hoping that the application process goes quick. What is google meet?
Old 06-14-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsGarcia View Post
Effective June 13, 2020, the Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation and Reentry will be further extending the suspension of legal and non-legal visitation at all Arizona prison complexes for an additional 30 days, through July 13, 2020.

I really hope everyone gets to see their loís in person again real soon! It must be difficult for you all.
On the flip side - for myself this is a blessing as Iím in the U.K and this means that I get to see my man more regularly than ever. Although I swear the 15mins go faster every week
Hopefully with how well the Google Meets are going, theyíll implement Jpay visits sooner and we can have longer visits pretty much as often as we like! I just hope that they donít ever replace the physical visits with them like in County...
Has everyone managed ok with the video visits? The signal wasnít quite as good last week; the sound was a bit off. Other than that, itís been great.
I know some of you guys probably find it more difficult having just 15mins than not seeing them at all though
I agree with you. I know a lot of ladies are looking forward to the in person visits but for someone like me who lives in New Jersey, the video visits are as good as itís going to get. Trying to go out to Arizona just isnít in my budget right now. My daughter has finally been able to see her dad the last four weeks and itís such a blessing. I hope in the future we would be able to go through JPay and pay extra for longer visits. Keeping my fingers crossed.
The Following User Says Thank You to healingmother92 For This Useful Post:
LsGarcia (06-14-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingmother92 View Post
I agree with you. I know a lot of ladies are looking forward to the in person visits but for someone like me who lives in New Jersey, the video visits are as good as itís going to get. Trying to go out to Arizona just isnít in my budget right now. My daughter has finally been able to see her dad the last four weeks and itís such a blessing. I hope in the future we would be able to go through JPay and pay extra for longer visits. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's almost harder being in the same state. My friend is about 20 miles away and I can't go physically see him. It is so frustrating! All we get are video visits, 20 minute slots, that includes connecting, and 15 minute phone calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to hlhalliburton For This Useful Post:
healingmother92 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 09:38 AM

Stay positive
At least video visits are available now.
I was upset we went a year with no visits to get them back and taken right back but those 15 mins make my baby so happy laughing and singing with her dad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
healingmother92 (06-15-2020)