Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Virginia Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 12-06-2019, 11:40 PM

Default J-Pay Video visitation if live overseas? Other providers for video visits?

Hiya,

Has anyone used the J-pay video visitation and would like to comment on their experience?

also is there any other known organization with video visitation? My love one is in Virginia and it will be 2 years since I have last visited due to my living abroad.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God bless
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2020, 10:36 PM

I'm not familiar with Virginia but it's extremely unlikely you'd have any other options.

I use JPay in another state and it's glitchy, if there were in fact a competitive product I'd use it. The kiosks are down maybe 1/4 of the time, and other times one of us or the other freezes.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:36 AM

I live in the UK and use the video visits pretty often. Sometimes they don't work or the connection might be bad, but then other times it works perfectly. It's annoying but worth it when it works, especially if you haven't seen your loved one for a long time.

Old 03-10-2020, 03:29 PM

You may also look into GTL also known as
ConnectNetwork you can check on their site to see if the facility you need is on there. I've not used JPay so I cannot say how well it works.
I used GTL for 3 years and can say the success rate for me was 96%. Very few issues.
Good luck
Old 03-10-2020, 04:46 PM
Missing Ron

i was told that it can not be state to state im in SC and my bf is in PA. That for us to have a video visit it would have to be by video but in the same state or by face to face at the prison where he is. rules may be different though because he is a lifer at a supermax.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:13 PM

Default Video Visitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emms8884 View Post
I live in the UK and use the video visits pretty often. Sometimes they don't work or the connection might be bad, but then other times it works perfectly. It's annoying but worth it when it works, especially if you haven't seen your loved one for a long time.
Sorry for the late reply. Was on virus lockdown elsewhere! Have you been using JPay video visitation from the UK? I usually use JPay for email and sending funds but somehow my homepage does not have the icon for video visitation on the navigation page. Although I have checked that video visitation is DOC supported. I am unable to set this up!

I am also looking for a telephone package which would enable me to accept charges for calls. Presently, my love one has to pay for calls. Any information from those who are from the UK would be much appreciated.

Not being rude, but I have found that much of the information do not apply when one is out of the USA. Sincere thanks and stay safe everyone.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the various responses, I do appreciate the various replies, although I have not been able to resolve the issues as yet! I have learnt that patience is required on this journey and things will fall into place when the time is right. Stay safe and God bless.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:59 AM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

Hi Esther,

Video Visitation in VA DOC is not offered through Jpay, they use a different company "GTL", below is a link with more information that is available on their website regarding video visits.

https://vadoc.virginia.gov/families-...eo-visitation/

Also, here's the link for scheduling visits directly with GTL, https://vadoc.gtlvisitme.com/app

Good Luck

Last edited by gallega1211; 09-03-2020 at 12:08 PM..