Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Donation Award 

Default PIC Nov. 30th, but TPM still says June 2021? Who do I contact?

Hey friends!

Just wondering when you found out if PIC points were approved or not? Counselor told LO that his PIC release date would be November 30th- meaning if they approve your points that you would be released that date. She told him that In July. In August she sent him a message letting him know his new PIC release date would be November 1st and that they had frozen his PIC points.

I check the online TPM daily and the date still says June 2021. I keep waiting for it to change to no decision so that I can see that its under review or something. Was wondering how close to your actual release date did you or your LO know if their PIC points were approved. I mean we are less than 60 days out so I thought we would at least know by now.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Donation Award 

Bumping this one again to see if anyone knows. We are now 30 days out from what would be his PIC release date and we have no idea if they are accepting his points or not. We have not received any information at all saying they are accepting them or not. Should I call the parole board to ask when they will review his points? I try not to be "that" person but Im not sure what else to do to follow up on this.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:20 PM

Thanked 2,437 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifenwaiting View Post
Bumping this one again to see if anyone knows. We are now 30 days out from what would be his PIC release date and we have no idea if they are accepting his points or not. We have not received any information at all saying they are accepting them or not. Should I call the parole board to ask when they will review his points? I try not to be "that" person but Im not sure what else to do to follow up on this.

He can check with his counselor/case manager to see how many points he has & if they've been accepted. You can also call the main offender info # & ask one of the people there if there is any update. The ladies that I've talked with in the past have been helpful & direct you to who might have info if they don't have it. 478-992-5358
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-03-2020), Wifenwaiting (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
He can check with his counselor/case manager to see how many points he has & if they've been accepted. You can also call the main offender info # & ask one of the people there if there is any update. The ladies that I've talked with in the past have been helpful & direct you to who might have info if they don't have it. 478-992-5358
I did call today to Georgia Parole but they had no info they just said he would have to ask his counselor.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:51 PM

Waiting is the worst part. His counselor should know especially if he's to be released in the next month. I know they like to keep details vague for security reasons but how do you prepare or know to be there if you don't have a date? My son was serving his sentence 8 hours away from us so we had to plan to get up there to pick him up & bring him to his new place to live. We found out about a week before scheduled release that they changed his release date by 2 days so our plans had to be changed. Makes ya nuts!! Hang in there & hope you hear good news soon.
GingerM (10-04-2020), Wifenwaiting (10-05-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 10:38 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Waiting is the worst part. His counselor should know especially if he's to be released in the next month. I know they like to keep details vague for security reasons but how do you prepare or know to be there if you don't have a date? My son was serving his sentence 8 hours away from us so we had to plan to get up there to pick him up & bring him to his new place to live. We found out about a week before scheduled release that they changed his release date by 2 days so our plans had to be changed. Makes ya nuts!! Hang in there & hope you hear good news soon.
YES! And we have daughters in school ect. My hubs is only 4 hours away but I still have to plan these things out.

Just curious, do they typically have them report to PO same day? Being 4 hours away that makes me so nervous. Ive heard some people take hours before they actually get to walk out the gates and then rushing to get back home seems crazy to me.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:41 PM

When my son was released it was about 9am or so. We went for breakfast & then drove to where he'd be living. He didn't report the same day. I believe he went the next morning. If he's released on a Friday the office will be closed over the weekend. For some reason 72 hours sounds familiar. With Covid the offices are operating differently so he might need an appointment. You could always call the Dept of Community Supervision where he'll be reporting & ask about the requirements. It's tough trying to figure it all out & you definitely don't want to do the wrong thing just because you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifenwaiting View Post
YES! And we have daughters in school ect. My hubs is only 4 hours away but I still have to plan these things out.

Just curious, do they typically have them report to PO same day? Being 4 hours away that makes me so nervous. Ive heard some people take hours before they actually get to walk out the gates and then rushing to get back home seems crazy to me.
GingerM (10-06-2020), Wifenwaiting (10-06-2020)
Old 10-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Donation Award 

Default Need to know who to contact.

Hi friends!

I have posted alittle about this in a previous post but didnt get much information so maybe a new updated post might help.

Husband was told by counselor his PIC release date would be November 30th 2020 if his points are approved. A week later she sent him a message saying that it changed to November 1st. She told him this back in July and told him his points were frozen at that point. He could not accrue any more.

Here we are less than 30 days from that date and his TPM still says June 2021. It never switched to say N/A or anything to give us any indication that his points have been reviewed. I have left messages for the counselor and I have also tried to call the parole board but all they can tell me is that they cant see anything. Very generic info that I can find myself online.

So at this point I need to know who I need to call or contact to see where we are at. If they have declined his points then we should have been notified. Do I email someone at the parole board? If so, who? I just really need help in figuring out who or what I need to be doing. If they decline his points ok well we would like to know that.

Any advice on this would be helpful!

Thank you!
Old 10-09-2020, 08:35 AM

Try reaching out to the National Incarceration Association. They're based in GA & have a lot of contacts in the DOC. I think they can get you an answer. I do know they said that there has been radio silence from some people in the DOC recently. No one knows what's up with that but they will still help you get to the right place for an answer. Here's a link to their contact page. & if you scroll down towards the bottom of the page there's an email address & phone # in addition to the form you can fill out. https://joinnia.com/contact-us/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-09-2020), GingerM (10-10-2020), Wifenwaiting (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Try reaching out to the National Incarceration Association. They're based in GA & have a lot of contacts in the DOC. I think they can get you an answer. I do know they said that there has been radio silence from some people in the DOC recently. No one knows what's up with that but they will still help you get to the right place for an answer. Here's a link to their contact page. & if you scroll down towards the bottom of the page there's an email address & phone # in addition to the form you can fill out. https://joinnia.com/contact-us/

You are ALWAYS such a big help! Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wifenwaiting For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-10-2020)