Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:03 PM
No Matter what

Angry How to request a new parole agent in California

My husband has been out for almost 2 years. He has parole for 3 years, in the first 12 months my husband has successfully completed HVAC school, gotten a good job and has stayed out of trouble. I must say I am proud of him. He does not drink or do drugs. We now have a 8 month old baby and my husband is coming along. During his parole he has had 2 parole agents that have been fair and flexible in working with him when its time to check in. Now he has one that is a piece of work. He he seems to be out to get him and is basically trying to make things hard. Im not sure why. What I do know is he is mentally affecting him and stressing him out to the point where my husband is going to lose it. This power trip idiot is destroying what my husband has worked so hard for( mental balance)
I want to 602 this agent and see how my husband can go about getting a different agent assigned to him. Help I need advice. Hopefully my husband only had a few more months to discharge. But from the looks of this a$&@ agent he may just jeopardize all the hard work my husband has accomplished

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2020, 11:06 PM

I have had in my past 2 agents from Riverside County that were that way. The first one after I went back on a violation for some reason didn't mess with me anymore not sure why but then my late husband and I both had him. The second one she was a trip. She had one to many excessive forces accusations on her. I moved to Moreno Valley to get away from her. I went back on a violation and that's when I moved after getting out. I knew in order for me to make it I needed to move out of her way. She could have denied my move but I would have fought it. IDK about 602 I've heard that if your given a new one sometimes you could get an even worse one. If he's only got a few more months then don't let this P. O. get the best of him. Yes it's very stressful and makes you angry but why let this person have that hold. One thing I leaned was they don't hold those keys to you going back, you do. As much as I never wanted to admit it, that b*tch actually made me a better Addictions Counselor when I became one why? Because I learned how to not give into somebody who is trying to get over on me and play the system. Which as drug addicts we tend to play whatever card we can to get over and not have to do the work needed to become healthy and a contributing member of society. I had clients come back even years later and tell me thank you for helping them to see what they were doing to their lives and those of their families. Help your husband to not allow anyone regardless who it is, take his freedom away. Your husband is the only one who holds those keys. Congrats on his success. Never give in or up.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:24 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,005 Times in 16,493 Posts

Parole is a nightmare. And the agent makes all the difference in how it will go. They DO have all the power. The trick is to try your best not to let it get to you. And that IS HARD. Especially when they are being unreasonable.
My hub had something like 16 different agents. One pretty good one, who was reasonable, and several that were just AHs.

It did get pretty bad to the point that my hub basically said to me, I dont care if they send me back. Im not going to disobey or screw up, but as we know they can and will send you back if they want to show their power, or they dont like you.
That scared me, but it was his parole to do.

If you try to get a new agent, its likely the next one will be just as bad, or worse. Going to a supervisor wont do any good either. they will always back their employee.
Just try to go with the flow. Dont show that he's getting to him. That in my opinion gives them that power. They can control your whole life but they cant control how you respond to it. You do. Dont give them what they want.

Luckily......hub was let off parole before he expected it. Even the parole agent was surprised. It was sudden and swift. And boy oh boy were we lucky. He got off parole in August, moved home in Sept and then the huge Tubbs fire took out the mobile home park he was living in and burned most of it to the ground.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:22 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,976 Times in 8,422 Posts

We just shed the most unbelievably lazy and AH'ish PO in LA county. His transitional housing stay went almost two months over because the guy just couldn't be bothered to file a transfer. During a phone meeting with PO and PO supervisor, hubs asked for contact info for the supervisor. She said no-- all contact had to go through PO. So that was useless. He couldn't have complained if he wanted to.

I'd love to give you the answer, but as other folks have said-- gut it out. He's so close. If the whiff of a violation comes up, stay calm. Ultra calm. They don't always stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 08:41 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,005 Times in 16,493 Posts

**If the whiff of a violation comes up, stay calm. Ultra calm. They don't always stick.***
This.^^^
They pulled my hub back to county jail on a supposed violation. (he didnt) but they are allowed to hold them 10 days before doing anything.On the last day they released him with no violation.
I was so pissed off. We knew he didnt violate, but its the Agents word against a convicted felon.

I forget exactly how it came about but the agent asked my hub afterward something about how he could do that.
Hub told him, well, my wife was happy about it because at least she knew where I was sleeping at night (hub is an rso and was not able to live here as we are too close to parks and schools) And she knew I was warm and dry and fed.

He'd been sleeping at that time in the back of the car, not he best but it was allowed and it was all we could do then.
Hub didnt think he liked that response. lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-16-2020)