Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Arizona, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 05-08-2020, 12:05 PM

Angry Florence Central - our LO tested positive for coronavirus

We had not heard from our LO in several weeks. The JPay option to send him an email was no longer available. On the ADC website it said he'd been moved from Florence Central to Florence Kasson unit. We wrote letters but never got a reply. Today we got an email saying he had been moved from Central to Kasson because he tested positive for Covid-19 and was very ill. He is a very healthy mid-20s young man and said he was so sick he was almost sure he was going to die. He says he's "recovered" and is back on Central unit. Anyone else have a LO who has tested posited or unable to reach their LO?
The Following User Says Thank You to ComparedToWhat For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (05-25-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhat View Post
We had not heard from our LO in several weeks. The JPay option to send him an email was no longer available. On the ADC website it said he'd been moved from Florence Central to Florence Kasson unit. We wrote letters but never got a reply. Today we got an email saying he had been moved from Central to Kasson because he tested positive for Covid-19 and was very ill. He is a very healthy mid-20s young man and said he was so sick he was almost sure he was going to die. He says he's "recovered" and is back on Central unit. Anyone else have a LO who has tested posited or unable to reach their LO?
Thankfully, no. My husband has a very low immune system due to cancer treatments so we have been so worried about him getting it as it would be a disaster. I hope your LO is truly on the way to good health and recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (05-25-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 07:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,093 Times in 16,534 Posts

Im glad to hear that he is in recovery. How scary for you all.

Old 05-25-2020, 10:47 AM

My son is in Florence. They juggled them around and took several inmates three times and put them somewhere for a couple of weeks. My son did not have glaring symptoms to be tested for. But the other inmate were positive. They came back and a couple told my son they did nothing for them. He thought his friend was going to die but he came back too. They told my son not to complain if he had symptoms. But he already believes he had it. I gave him things to do early on. He told me he was doing them and he felt better after a couple of days. But it took him about teo more weeks to feel normal.

Thank God most of the people survive. They did nothing for the ones they moved out of normal living quarters.