Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Kentucky, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:07 AM

Default Covid Cases: KY's numbers lower than many states, but are the #'s correct?

I have a question for you guys... while these numbers aren't great and yeah, I agree Patch Green River got out of control early.... as a whole I think KY DOC has done better than a lot of states. KY as a whole has done better. Now many say it's because Beshear locked down and pulled back early, and I agree that he did an excellent job (I'm a Beshear fangirl!) but as time went on and their number still remained much lower than surrounding states (let's not even talk about TN though) I almost felt like maybe I shouldn't trust the numbers. They just seemed WAY lower than other states, which is great and I hated doubting them but it had me ask myself a few times if I was buying it.

What do ya'll think? Do you think the quick shut down and how they were done made the difference or to you have a twinge of question if you're getting all the information?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2020, 10:06 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,484 Times in 17,289 Posts

Whoops! I'm just seeing your post ...so I moved it to a thread of its own

I don't know enough about reporting protocol to say if KY's numbers are low because the state shut down or if the numbers are not reported correctly,. I like to think that shutting everything down helped slow the spread of Covid and kept the numbers as low as possible.

I will say that I do like Andy Beshear as Governor, just as I liked his Dad, Steve Beshear when he was Kentucky's Governor

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (07-21-2020)