Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:18 PM
SJ

Default Colorado prison for sex offenders?

A friend of a friend ended up in jail awaiting trial for a sex offense, does Colorado have any prisons that are sex offender specific? Any tips on how he can stay safe in county? He got beat up today and he's in PC now.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevscousin View Post
A friend of a friend ended up in jail awaiting trial for a sex offense, does Colorado have any prisons that are sex offender specific? Any tips on how he can stay safe in county? He got beat up today and he's in PC now.
Hi. My husband is an SO (and yes I married him knowing this) and he just got out of prison into a halfway house today.

First thing's first, that person needs to NOT tell people in county jail what he's in for, or potentially make something else up.

As far as I know Colorado doesn't have sex offender specific prisons, but almost everyone in Fremont Correctional is a sex offender. They at least have SO specific yards.

When it comes time to get through phases 2 and 3 of the sex offender treatment, the private prisons that offer this have sex offender specific units. My husband didn't have any problems there, but on the other hand he has people skills and tends to avoid fights.

Don't know what else I can say.

PM me if you need to know more or want to clarify the situation in any way.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:01 PM
SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Hi. My husband is an SO (and yes I married him knowing this) and he just got out of prison into a halfway house today.
Thank you so much for your help, I should have said this originally, I won't be judging anyone here for anything. I have a loved one with a prior sex offense and a few penpals too.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevscousin View Post
Several years ago Fremont was the designated facility for SO. This is no longer the case. He can end up at just about any facility.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:17 PM

She is correct Fremont is not just for sex offenders. It is a mix. Arrowhead was designated as one of the facilities for part of the SO treatment program but it was moved to Centennial earlier this year. They can be sent any where but I think they try and send them to certain facilities for safety reasons but there are no guaranties in DOC.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:49 PM

My son is in for a sex offense & was just sent to a facility that doesn't even have a program for sex offenders. One person that can help you help your friend is rewdiazepam. Look him up - he's super helpful.