Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 09-28-2017, 05:57 PM

Default Sentenced and Assigned. Arizona

Hey! I've been hanging around for about 10 months now while my son was in County but now he's been sentenced and assigned to AZ-Lewis. I made it through sentencing because it was a stipulated plea (although right up until the last moment I thought the judge was going to send us back to square one). With his time served and 85%, we're looking at 4.5 years. I've had months to get used to this number. Today I'm freaking out because they have put him on one of the worst yards in AZ (from what I can tell). We knew he would be classified a level 3 but I was really praying he'd go to a 3/2 yard (not a 5/3). I never worried about him in County because he was in some seriously bad/dangerous/life-threatening situations before he was arrested (addict) and I really believed he was safer off the streets. But this yard is known for its violence. I fear he will never be able to stay away from the gangs/drugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to aint_no_daisy For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (10-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,689 Times in 868 Posts

Hi and Welcome to Prison Talk! First take a deep breath! County and sentencing is the hard part. Lewis Stiner can be a rough yard (my husband is there)...BUT many guys get through without ever touching drugs or joining a gang. You CAN find drugs and violence on every single facility from county to private to state to federal across America if that's what you're looking for. Your son can also CHOOSE to keep his head down and his nose clean and do his time. The majority of people in prison never join a gang. If he wants to do well and focus on bettering himself he can. But unfortunately that's a choice he's going to have to make.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (10-03-2017), uRmylife (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 07:27 PM

Default Thanks.

Thanks. I know it's up to him at this point - just hard to have faith with his history. He's a typical 22 year old - can't see the end game - only what's right in front of him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aint_no_daisy For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-30-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-02-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 03:25 AM
Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aint_no_daisy View Post
Thanks. I know it's up to him at this point - just hard to have faith with his history. He's a typical 22 year old - can't see the end game - only what's right in front of him.
A lot of them start out at Stiner. He will get reassessed and if he stays out of trouble is likely to be transferred to a lower custody level when that eval takes place. My son was 22 when he entered the system in that yard.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-03-2017)