Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:32 PM

Default More Info on Tablets in Colorado prisons

I've heard good and bad about the tablets. A lot of facilities are experiencing connectivity issues. I think once they get all the kinks worked out, they will be awesome. Here is an article that was in the Denver Post about the tablets.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/09...-free-tablets/

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Beach Girl

Thanks for posting! My inmate actually has a tablet... (he's in Delta). He said it works great, he enjoys listening to music and searching songs/bands that he wants. He says that he can make calls off of it, but it doesn't have the most amazing connection, and that there's usually a delay. But -- he's very grateful for the tablet. He says the music helps him stay focused on rehabilitation.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Thanks for posting! My inmate actually has a tablet... (he's in Delta). He said it works great, he enjoys listening to music and searching songs/bands that he wants. He says that he can make calls off of it, but it doesn't have the most amazing connection, and that there's usually a delay. But -- he's very grateful for the tablet. He says the music helps him stay focused on rehabilitation.
My husband's facility STILL have not gotten theirs. There's a few facilities that haven't. I'm anxious to see how the phones work when he does get it.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:10 PM

From the calls my son made to me on his they really suck. The phone quality is horrible and there was a huge delay in the call. My son also said that all the music is edited like for kid bob lol not that I am complaining about that. Now when my son calls he still uses the regular phones as the call quality is much better that way.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,535 Posts

Does anybody know what access to ebooks or audio books, if any, these have?
Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Donation Award 

I will ask my loved one the next time I talk to him.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Owned

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,535 Posts

Thanks, I am a reading junkie and am convinced the only reason I came home from prison 1/2 sane is because I spent so much time reading.

I still read 3-4 books a week too, but I did that even before my little run in with the FBI.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:47 PM

My husband finally got his tablet. For the first few weeks, telephone reception was not good. They have updated their band width and now it is fine. He loves the music and I love the phone!