Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNeverFades View Post
My Husband is asking me about this. He's in working on his plea. He has said something like he can go to an integrated yard...his lawyer has mentioned something about 65% time...in these yards (?) but I can't really find any truth to any of this. Also, are yards integrated yet, or like what is the deal on this?
I'm trying to get a feel for what he's asking/talking about and giving him some feedback as he has asked me to check into integrated yards..
Some are integrated some are not and some more will be in time the courts provided a timeline for doc to follow - there is no truth at all to the 65% sorry to say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (01-23-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2018, 07:32 PM

Is there a forum here in PT that talks about the integrated yards, in Arizona?
I'd like to find out more about what this means, which ones they are, etcetera...especially if he signs to an integrated yard..
We already tossed out any truth to 65% - so no worries on that.

Last edited by LoveNeverFades; 01-22-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I'd like to find out more about what this means, which ones they are, etcetera...especially if he signs to an integrated yard..
Youíll find stuff in random places but the moderators did their best to condense a lot of it to the top area called general prison talk and then the top section in there known as the stickyís called integration something or other - that has some stuff you can read. Unfortunately you canít ďsign on ď right away to an ihp yard at least that is what my guy said - he got sent there and agreed when there to stay whereas I know others at general pop yards are asked and either agree or donít and eventually if they donít there will be repercussions but I know my guy was not asked initially and in fact liked it and then was moved out of it for no reason which is dangerous to him after signing so it makes no sense really what doc seems to be doing... but as of now the yards that are integrated vary by level - the ones I know of are Santa Rita at Tucson, north at Florence, I think east at Florence but donít hold me to that and I think that is all right now. Supposedly they have to do another yard by March per the court order so weíll see - others prob can contribute more. I know my guy did well really well at Santa Rita and liked it a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (01-23-2018), LoveNeverFades (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Youíll find stuff in random places but the moderators did their best to condense a lot of it to the top area called general prison talk and then the top section in there known as the stickyís called integration something or other - that has some stuff you can read. Unfortunately you canít ďsign on ď right away to an ihp yard at least that is what my guy said - he got sent there and agreed when there to stay whereas I know others at general pop yards are asked and either agree or donít and eventually if they donít there will be repercussions but I know my guy was not asked initially and in fact liked it and then was moved out of it for no reason which is dangerous to him after signing so it makes no sense really what doc seems to be doing... but as of now the yards that are integrated vary by level - the ones I know of are Santa Rita at Tucson, north at Florence, I think east at Florence but donít hold me to that and I think that is all right now. Supposedly they have to do another yard by March per the court order so weíll see - others prob can contribute more. I know my guy did well really well at Santa Rita and liked it a lot.
If I'm not mistaking, they're already asking about him about integrated facilities. It's not that he is opposed to it, but he wanted to know more about what we know about it out here. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Also, could my husband's timing get much worse after reading the thread (from page 2 of this thread), umm, March 2018 will be probably about the time he heads to Alhambra. I suppose this is something I need to stay up on especially if this becomes violent and bloody while they continue integration by court-ordered dates could you imagine heading into ADC at this time. Kinda freaking me out.

Are there any new updates like the PDF of dates that were listed (page 2 of this thread) with regards to what facilities are done/still in the process??
Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 PM

Oh well that’s good that he was asked sorry for my misspeaking on that - usually Alhambra you don’t have a say - my guy didn’t there or the next stop but it’s good if they are asking people sooner if it’s something they are wanting. Just know that once in if they did move him out for whatever reason he will likely have to stay in the hole until he can get to another integrated yard and he can’t request he can’t say it all he wants but central processing decides where to move people so if his paperwork has on it that he was on one of those yards and he is moved to an yard that is not he will likely get jumped and have to ask for protection and they put you in basically what is the hole for what is usually a few months before you are moved - means less calls noncontact visits no rec and more - really stinks.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Oh well thatís good that he was asked sorry for my misspeaking on that - usually Alhambra you donít have a say - my guy didnít there or the next stop but itís good if they are asking people sooner if itís something they are wanting. Just know that once in if they did move him out for whatever reason he will likely have to stay in the hole until he can get to another integrated yard and he canít request he canít say it all he wants but central processing decides where to move people so if his paperwork has on it that he was on one of those yards and he is moved to an yard that is not he will likely get jumped and have to ask for protection and they put you in basically what is the hole for what is usually a few months before you are moved - means less calls noncontact visits no rec and more - really stinks.
This sounds terrible - I will let him know.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 PM

Yeah it stinks when they do that makes no sense esp when they r trying to force guys to go in who did not want to then having guys leave who want to stay who did nothing wrong. But that’s doc for you. Eventually all will be ihp yards per the court ruling but depends on your guys time bc they gave doc time to do it.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,302 Posts

Talk on integration has already hit several of the medium (3) yards. Last week the staff leaders at Lewis Stiner got together and yesterday they pulled the heads of all the races in for a meeting on it. It's still undetermined what they will do with those who refuse. The warden at Stiner is trying to claim that because they are a dorm setting that in his mind they are already integrated...but I don't think it's going to work like that.

Regardless, it's coming. March isn't very far away and the wheels are quickly turning.

Information, questions, concerns about IHP should be kept on this thread....as it goes on we may split it into different yards but it's doubtful as eventually everywhere will be integrated.

To my knowledge the only medium yard to fully integrate is Santa Rita on Tucson. I believe there is an integrated yard on Florence as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fridyrr.Likn For This Useful Post:
mama_pig (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Talk on integration has already hit several of the medium (3) yards. Last week the staff leaders at Lewis Stiner got together and yesterday they pulled the heads of all the races in for a meeting on it. It's still undetermined what they will do with those who refuse. The warden at Stiner is trying to claim that because they are a dorm setting that in his mind they are already integrated...but I don't think it's going to work like that.

Regardless, it's coming. March isn't very far away and the wheels are quickly turning.

Information, questions, concerns about IHP should be kept on this thread....as it goes on we may split it into different yards but it's doubtful as eventually everywhere will be integrated.

To my knowledge the only medium yard to fully integrate is Santa Rita on Tucson. I believe there is an integrated yard on Florence as well.
I agree with the dorm being integrated. Like how much more integrated can you get??
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
Like how much more integrated can you get??
With blacks and whites and hispanics and natives sharing bunks, chow tables, lockers, etc.

Even in the dorm settings, in AZ, things are still very much segregated. Nobody bunks with someone outside their race.
mama_pig (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
With blacks and whites and hispanics and natives sharing bunks, chow tables, lockers, etc.

Even in the dorm settings, in AZ, things are still very much segregated. Nobody bunks with someone outside their race.
I had no idea. Thanks for correcting me i read somewhere (I can't think of where now) that they were extending the times on the court order? Does that sound familiar at all?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
I had no idea. Thanks for correcting me i read somewhere (I can't think of where now) that they were extending the times on the court order? Does that sound familiar at all?
I haven't heard anything about them extending the timeframe but it's entirely possible. I don't follow the legal side of it very closely, only what I know if going on inside the prisons where I have friends and LO's.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:21 PM

My boyfriend shared a cell with a white guy when they moved him to Buckley (he’s Mexican) and they got on well. I think they were ‘encouraged’ to share but they both agreed. It wouldn’t have looked good on him at that time to RTH. Now he’s in Barchey I’m pretty sure he’s still housed exclusively with Mexicans.

Intergration is supposed to be completed, across the board, by 2020 but I’m not sure if this is on track still.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:39 PM

All 2 and 3 yards in the state prisons are to start intergrating in March threw June '19. Private prisons are immune from this. Each yard is making its own decisions on this

Last edited by CharleysGirl; 02-01-2018 at 10:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-02-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
The original document is called the Rudisill decision. You can Google it. There is also an official DOC document stating it's implementation plan. It's a PDF file. If.you Google Arizona DOC IHP it's the first one. It spells out everything
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-02-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Villar

My hubby has been in winslow since October. Is it about that paper they're trying to have them sign
Old 02-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I assume this in regards to IHP Yards, Integration. Refusing to sign is a refusal to house but I don't believe they can take all phones and visits. I thought it was just making them a phase 1 indefinitely. Unfortunately none of us really know WHAT will happen with integration.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

To put some of the speculation and worries at bay I'm quoting "Director’s Instruction # 345 , Integrated Housing Process and Procedures". In short, those who refuse to sign will be on permanent phase 1 but there will be no other disciplinary sanctions against them for refusal to house. My soon to be ex husband is at Lewis Stiner and they've been told (so take it for gossip) that those who refuse to sign will mostly be moved to Lewis. The same happened when they integrated Tucson-Santa Rita, those refusing to sign were moved to Eyman-Rynning (was GP at that time) and then to elsewhere in the state. This WILL start 3/1 for all MEDIUM (3) yards in AZ (with the exception of privately ran prisons, who may or may not).

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def.../DI/di_345.pdf
Quote:
Integrated Housing Program Declaration
1.5.1 Inmates who refuse to house with any other race and the department has determined
that the inmate does not have a valid reason for this declaration shall be placed in the
Earned Incentive Program Phase I and/or Step 1 (for those inmates housed in
maximum custody) until such time the inmate revises his/her declaration
1.5.2 This form will remain in effect during the inmate’s entire incarceration, unless
rescinded by the inmate in writing. The inmate does not need to be re-interviewed
for each housing assignment.
1.5.2.1 An inmate who refuses a bed housing assignment, regardless of the
inmate’s declaration, shall be placed in Phase I and/or Step I until such
time they accept the housing assignment or an equivalent housing
assignment.
1.5.3 If at any time during incarceration an inmate wishes to change their decision about
housing with another race, they may notify their assigned CO III, in writing, for
review of appropriate housing assignment.
1.5.3.1 The CO III shall complete a new Integrated Housing Program
Declaration form and update the appropriate AIMS screen.
1.5.4 Inmates who are identified as Refuse to House (RH) shall not be subject to
disciplinary action or detention placement.

Page 4 of 4
1.5.5 Inmates who are identified as RH shall complete at a minimum the following
programming:
1.5.5.1 Living with Others.
1.5.5.2 Tolerating Differences.
CharleysGirl (02-13-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 03:01 AM

Quote:

Thatís bizarre. Is this segregation only in state-run prisons, only in max security, or what?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:42 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZski View Post
That’s bizarre. Is this segregation only in state-run prisons, only in max security, or what?
It's in every state facility from min to max and most privately run prisons except for the 1 or 2 that have already been integrated. Tucson-Santa Rita and one at Florence I believe. I've not seen any AZ prison that wasn't segregated unless it was a SO or PC yard or a private facility (Kingman and Red Rock are segregated. I don't know about Marana or the GEOs for DWI) which I have no information about as I don't have anyone to report back from there. In dorm settings you only bunk with your own race. In cell settings you only cell with your own race.

Last edited by Fridyrr.Likn; 02-20-2018 at 10:17 AM..