Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Arkansas prison system.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 AM

Default Senate Bill 750

Here is a direct link so you can read the whole act. SOme interesting things are that now if your a thief of property or a check kiter or anything of that nature your crime has to be more than $1000.00 to be a felony. It is a misdemeanor if under a thousand. It used to be $250. Also manufacturing is not just a Y Felony throw away the key crime anymore. They have realized that most manufacturers are severe drug addicts and make meth for themselves not to sell. So if you are caught making meth and caught with 2 grams or less of meth, it is a Class C Felony punishable by 3-10 instead of the old law where you get a Y and get a minimum of 10. Lots of interesting stuff in here also about how to discharge your parole or probation early by using the new credit system they are using to give you credit X2 for the time you do. This act is 164 pages and by the end of reading it you will see that it is gonna be hard to go to prison for a long time unless you do a serious violent crime. Oh and funny note: Of all the crimes that you would think would disqualify you from recieving benefits of these new laws, if you like to drink and drive you better stop. You get a second DUI you are considered in the same class as murder rape, kidnapping, etc.....They will give you no breaks on anything. Its funny because DUI/DWI is just a misdemeanor. Its really not a big deal.
Link is in the title wont let me post it on here-
The Following User Says Thank You to allstarmma For This Useful Post:
Vickie58 (04-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 AM

.state.ar.us/Bills/2011/Public/SB750.pdf is the rest of the link. Put the title with this and you get the link--Theres a rule on here where there has to be 25 posts first
Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 PM

and to let you'll know this act was not retroactive so it will not help the inmates that are already in the prison. it will only help the ones that are going and it doesn't start until i think around july
Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Donation Award 

I haven't had time to read this yet, but thanks for posting it.

My son is waiting to go to Pine bluff then to prison. Do you think this will help him?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:48 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,033 Times in 14,340 Posts

Here ya go sweetie:

Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Default new act

I read all 164 pages of the new bill or act now and it is retroactive.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally1567 View Post
I read all 164 pages of the new bill or act now and it is retroactive.
the act will not help inmates that are already in prison. it will only help inmates that will be going once it is actually started which i think is august 1
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM

You need to read the bill for yourself. It is retroactive, now not the sentencing part once your sentenced you are sentenced but it also allows for a lot of good time sentencing diversions, which means you can be discharged on parole after a review. There is so much that has changed you just need to read it for yourself. This act is unlike anyother!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally1567 View Post
You need to read the bill for yourself. It is retroactive, now not the sentencing part once your sentenced you are sentenced but it also allows for a lot of good time sentencing diversions, which means you can be discharged on parole after a review. There is so much that has changed you just need to read it for yourself. This act is unlike anyother!
i have read it. i actually know what i'm talking about i can't say what i do or where i work because i would be bombarded with questions but it won't help the inmates that are actually in the prison already. it only helps the ones thar are coming once the bill goes into effect. it helps alot on parole because they will begin to get good time now and it changed the sentencing grid for the ones that are coming in now. it basically is going to help the non violent offenders to stay out of prison and be put on probation because as everyone knows the governor is not going to build another prison. it gives the department of community correction grant money for reducing the recidivism rate and there is so much more it does but it will not help the inmates that are at the arkansas department of correction right now.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 PM

What about 16-93-301?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM

what the first time offenders act